Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Will you be watching the House January 6 Committee hearing?
YES-WATCHING 70 24.56%
NO-NOT WATCHING 215 75.44%
Voters: 285. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-08-2022, 07:12 AM

37,192 posts, read 19,200,869 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimRom View Post
Watching a group of people who are actively trying to trample on the Constitution interrogate other people about the worst “insurrection” in history is way down the list of things to do.
In what way? Please explain. Three different courts have declared them legitimate after challenges were brought.

Old 06-08-2022, 07:17 AM

11,143 posts, read 10,711,121 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cuebald View Post
In what way? Please explain. Three different courts have declared them legitimate after challenges were brought.
The party of gun bans, Disinformation Boards, and open borders is claiming that their opponents tried to trash the Constitution. If it were an SNL skit I might watch.

Old 06-08-2022, 07:23 AM

37,192 posts, read 19,200,869 times
Quote:
The party of gun bans, Disinformation Boards, and open borders is claiming that their opponents tried to trash the Constitution. If it were an SNL skit I might watch.
That didn't really explain much. The Constitution specifies the process for transfer of power when a new administration comes in, and it has always been handled in a peaceful manner until Joe Biden stomped Trump by seven million votes. Trump's response to Biden's win was juvenile on his good days, and criminal on his bad ones.

How is the 1/6 Committee (I presume that's who you were talking about) trampling the Constitution by investigating Trump's attempted coup?

Old 06-08-2022, 07:25 AM

8,312 posts, read 3,927,691 times
I doubt I will watch it. There is little or no chance that this committee will be able to bring any justice to the American people for the seditious attack on our Capitol on January 6th, 2021.

Why? It's simple - in November 2022 the same criminals that conceived and masterminded Jan 6th will most likely take control of Congress, and then they will move quickly to shut down the investigation or at least make it toothless. Then in 2024, the stage is set for a full on takeover of our government by the authoritarian Right who will move to finish their destruction of the rule of law and cement their power forever, if possible.

I'd like to paint you a prettier picture, but this is the reality.

Old 06-08-2022, 07:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuebald View Post
That didn't really explain much. The Constitution specifies the process for transfer of power when a new administration comes in, and it has always been handled in a peaceful manner until Joe Biden stomped Trump by seven million votes. Trump's response to Biden's win was juvenile on his good days, and criminal on his bad ones.

How is the 1/6 Committee (I presume that's who you were talking about) trampling the Constitution by investigating Trump's attempted coup?
I didn’t say anything specific about the 1/6 committee. I said what I said about the political party behind the 1/6 committee, which has zero respect for the Constitution. Try to keep up.

Old 06-08-2022, 07:29 AM

3,989 posts, read 6,576,956 times
Quote:
I didn’t say anything specific about the 1/6 committee. I said what I said about the political party behind the 1/6 committee, which has zero respect for the Constitution. Try to keep up.
The committee has zero respect, but the idiots on 1/6 who were trying to interrupt the transfer of power were ok?

Old 06-08-2022, 07:31 AM

12,199 posts, read 7,225,101 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GearHeadDave View Post
I doubt I will watch it. There is little or no chance that this committee will be able to bring any justice to the American people for the seditious attack on our Capitol on January 6th, 2021.

Why? It's simple - in November 2022 the same criminals that conceived and masterminded Jan 6th will most likely take control of Congress, and then they will move quickly to shut down the investigation or at least make it toothless. Then in 2024, the stage is set for a full on takeover of our government by the authoritarian Right who will move to finish their destruction of the rule of law and cement their power forever, if possible.

I'd like to paint you a prettier picture, but this is the reality.
You mean like the criminal Democrats that did their witch hunt of Trump impeachments twice based on false info planted by Clinton Democrat operatives and then used the pandemic to hurt Trump’s re-election chances? That same Democrat party then gained a majority in Congress and got into the White House?

Old 06-08-2022, 07:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uconn97 View Post
The committee has zero respect, but the idiots on 1/6 who were trying to interrupt the transfer of power were ok?
I have not defended the 1/6 protesters in my posts. I have pointed out that the Democrats have zero moral high ground when it comes to accusing others of unconstitutional behavior.

Old 06-08-2022, 07:35 AM

12,199 posts, read 7,225,101 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uconn97 View Post
There was 0 threat to the transfer of power and the transfer of power occurred.

What happened on 1/6 was Americans protesting a suspect election and because of emotions, some took it too far by entering federal buildings. None of them were going to take over the government. LOL.

Old 06-08-2022, 07:37 AM

23,578 posts, read 12,535,636 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greywar View Post
You mean the sort where they point out that they have massive amounts of evidence? LOL. Honestly the fact that they are saying they have far more then folks realize is a shocker. Because theres a ton of existing evidence, they hardly need more.
I didn't see in that media story where the secret service they'd interviewed had given them "massive amounts of evidence", or any at all for that matter. Perhaps you can post it?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies