Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Will you be watching the House January 6 Committee hearing?
YES-WATCHING 70 24.56%
NO-NOT WATCHING 215 75.44%
Voters: 285. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-08-2022, 04:24 AM

37,222 posts, read 19,219,451 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camaro5 View Post
One of them is Liz Cheney who is as anti-Trump as they get. No wonder Pelosi didn't reject her.

Two that were rejected were Jim Jordan (R-Ohio) and Jim Banks (R-Ind.) because the objected to Biden's Electoral College victory, not because they were involved in it.

McCarthy said ""Unless Speaker Pelosi reverses course and seats all five Republican nominees, Republicans will not be party to their sham process and will instead pursue our own investigation of the facts.

This represents an egregious abuse of power. Denying the voices of members who have served in the military and law enforcement, as well as leaders of standing committees, has made it undeniable that this panel has lost all legitimacy and credibility and shows the Speaker is more interested in playing politics than seeking the truth."

https://www.axios.com/2021/07/21/pel...lect-committee

Only a pea-brained partisan liberal hack would believe a word that came out of this obvious witch hunt, which is only meant to distract from the disastrous Biden presidency that is on its way down the drain.
None of those people are giving testimony as witnesses. This is not some wild tale they are creating like Newsmax or OAN. This is the testimony of those who were either directly or tangentially involved in 1/6 telling what they know and what they saw and heard.

McCarthy hand picked his nominees to sabotage the Committee out of the gate. He wanted Jordan and Banks on the Committee to report back every day on what was being learned, so he and the House republicans could put together a defense in real time. Pelosi did her job well.

Last edited by cuebald; 06-08-2022 at 05:13 AM..

Old 06-08-2022, 04:37 AM

5,907 posts, read 4,432,537 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trobesmom View Post
I was thinking about watching, but I don't think I will. I'll just get upset when they show all the evidence that won't get anywhere.
Exactly, I’ve seen the videos and the behavior of the crowd.

Republican/Democrat. I don’t care. It was the concept of peaceful transition coming under fire, basically one of the most important American “inventions” and you have senators who I’ve heard literally say the words “it was just like any other day at the capitol like a tourist would see”. When you have hardline people like that, it’s a waste of time.

Old 06-08-2022, 05:03 AM

12,265 posts, read 6,474,011 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SilkHammer View Post
Anti-American sham witch hunt vs. trimming my nose hairs and toe nails.

My grooming I can do something about. My corrupt installed government not so much.
Trying to install a man who clearly lost an election isn`t anti-American?

Old 06-08-2022, 05:17 AM

34,279 posts, read 19,375,883 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by berdee View Post
The committee must not have gotten the kind of dirt that they'd been hoping for, otherwise they would have leaked a tease about it, too.
You mean the sort where they point out that they have massive amounts of evidence? LOL. Honestly the fact that they are saying they have far more then folks realize is a shocker. Because theres a ton of existing evidence, they hardly need more.

Old 06-08-2022, 05:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teleprompter View Post
If Trump wanted a coup, why did he try to have national guard around the capitol blocked by democrats?

Is it a coup to fabricate collusion evidence and then push it forward for years in a manner that undermines a sitting US president?
[citation needed]

Because heres one saying that thats not true:

https://apnews.com/article/fact-checking-235651652542

As for the rest start another topic if you want to discuss that.

Old 06-08-2022, 05:20 AM

12,199 posts, read 7,227,282 times
Oh look, another Trump gotcha thread from a Leftist that won’t age well. How many of these just from this OP alone have we gotten?

Oh by the way, politico is a Leftist site. Might as well get your Trump news from Don Lemon or the hags on the View.

Old 06-08-2022, 05:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by antinimby View Post
Oh look, another Trump gotcha thread from a Leftist that won’t age well. How many of these just from this OP alone have we gotten?

Oh by the way, politico is a Leftist site. Might as well get your Trump news from Don Lemon.
Awww when did I hurt you? Seriously, whats the "gotcha" here? Its about the secret service, and that they are testifying. THATS IT. Period. And I was surprised because I-like others-thought they were immune.

Old 06-08-2022, 05:28 AM

41,016 posts, read 18,213,684 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gmagoo View Post
Trying to install a man who clearly lost an election isn`t anti-American?
Lol. A few thousand unarmed protesters that turned rioters weren’t installing anyone. Capitol police could’ve mowed every one of them down if they wanted.

Old 06-08-2022, 05:29 AM

12,199 posts, read 7,227,282 times
The “gotcha” is right here from you just one post before mine.
Quote:
Originally Posted by greywar View Post
You mean the sort where they point out that they have massive amounts of evidence? LOL. Honestly the fact that they are saying they have far more then folks realize is a shocker. Because theres a ton of existing evidence, they hardly need more.

Old 06-08-2022, 05:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by antinimby View Post
The “gotcha” is right here from you just one post before mine.
You mean where I tell you what theyve been saying?

Thats a gotcha? wow.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies