Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Will you be watching the House January 6 Committee hearing?
YES-WATCHING 70 24.56%
NO-NOT WATCHING 215 75.44%
Voters: 285. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-16-2022, 04:16 PM

475 posts, read 318,637 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Du Ma View Post
Let’s be honest here.

The democrats are scared ****less that Trump will run again in 2024. This is why they are wasting time and effort for this kangaroo court Jan 6 Committee 18 months later.

Why not let the Americans decide who will be the next POTUS in 2024?

Democrats are the insurrectionists
The former administration thought the VP should decide the result of the 2020 election. If you supported THAT effort, (even though it failed) would you also support Kamala Harris deciding who wins the 2024 election? I'm guessing no.

Old 06-16-2022, 04:32 PM

899 posts, read 541,509 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveinMtAiry View Post
Do you have recent polls, other than Florida, which support this? I'm no DeSantis fan but anyone is better than Donald Trump. I sure hope you are right about Trump being done, I don't see it that way at all.
The Democrats may come to regret trying to keep Trump from the presidency because DeSantis has the capacity to be a much more ruthless political operator than Trump. He knows how to achieve policy results. Trump was always much more bark than bite, but DeSantis comes with real bites to the Democrats' sacred platforms. Trump passed tax cuts and pushed for the wall, which were things he could do easily, but he didn't have the appetite for substantial structural reform to federal policies and bureaucracy - both of which DeSantis likely would pursue as he, like many Republicans, see the permanent class of unelected bureaucrats as antithetical to conservative stances and too powerful, particularly after the last six years. Based on what he's able to do in Florida, he's shown the capacity to appoint effective people to head various departments and agencies, and push through controversial policies with relative ease through the Florida legislature.

Old 06-16-2022, 04:40 PM

37,195 posts, read 19,232,404 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by erieguy View Post
Except you have no proof that he won’t run again. You’re simply hoping he won’t..and Dems are certainly scared to death of him running again or they wouldn’t still be on this goosechase.

Proof to because Trump being in poor health, and please be specific?

Actually, because Trump is still the odds on favorite to win in 2024…but when did DeSantis say he’s running? https://www.vegasinsider.com/odds/us...tial-election/
When did Trump?

Old 06-16-2022, 04:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveinMtAiry View Post
Do you have recent polls, other than Florida, which support this? I'm no DeSantis fan but anyone is better than Donald Trump. I sure hope you are right about Trump being done, I don't see it that way at all.
Even if he was younger and in good health, he has far too many legal problems that are multiplying daily to be able to focus on running. If he somehow escapes going to prison or being bankrupted because of his fraud and active participation in 1/6, he'll never be far from a courtroom for the rest of his life.

Old 06-16-2022, 04:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Du Ma View Post
75 mill voted for Trump and 81 for Biden in 2020

There is no way Biden will get that 81 million votes again in 2024.

Trump will get at least 75 mill votes or more.
Really? How are Trump's polling numbers with republicans? Have you checked lately?

Old 06-16-2022, 04:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riley. View Post
Oh my God. I was listening to him and cringing. I didn't see video, but is he elderly?
He served under Reagan. He's 68 and looks 80.

Old 06-16-2022, 04:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riley. View Post
Guilty of what exactly?
If you had watched the hearings today you wouldn't have to ask.

John Eastman in particular is toast. He may be the one who flips on Trump to save his own keister.

Old 06-16-2022, 04:53 PM

41,016 posts, read 18,227,836 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cuebald View Post
When did Trump?
In other words, you’re hoping he doesn’t run yet he never said he was, and no proof to because Trump being in poor health.

I’ve said all along he hasn’t said he’s running, lol. Same with DeSantis, yet Dems are so obsessed to get him because he can if he wants to…and let’s not forget he’s the odds on favorite to win if he decides to run.

Old 06-16-2022, 05:47 PM

16,579 posts, read 20,720,243 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Butterflyfish View Post
Thank god Pence is a principled person.
Pence is a puzzle. He spent 4+ years being Trump's toady, but when it mattered the most, he stood up. Kudos to him for that.

Old 06-16-2022, 05:50 PM

16,579 posts, read 20,720,243 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SerlingHitchcockJPeele View Post
Democrats should realize that if Merrick Garland, who was appointed by Biden, is influenced by the select committee which was partisan in how it was chosen... it will look like this administration is going after political opponents so they won't have to face them in an upcoming election. Furthermore, charging Trump and/or arresting him will only make his base larger and more committed and after his "conviction" is overturned by SCOTUS and he runs... you guys will make him a living martyr.

"They tried to lock me up because they're afraid I'll win in 24"... will be the narrative pushed over and over. Charging Trump would be terrible for the Democrat's election prospects, the best thing for them to do is figure out someone they think can defeat him... not to "lock him up".
I'm guessing that's why the Congressional committee won't turn over their evidence to the DOJ. And you're right that it's tricky.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies