Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Will you be watching the House January 6 Committee hearing?
YES-WATCHING 70 24.56%
NO-NOT WATCHING 215 75.44%
Voters: 285. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-02-2022, 03:28 AM

6,913 posts, read 3,382,615 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuebald View Post
What parts of her testimony do you think are fiction?
Most all of it - she was relating second hand information - information that is aparantly disputed by those that actually were present.

Old 07-02-2022, 03:33 AM

34,279 posts, read 19,384,355 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ddeemo View Post
Most all of it - she was relating second hand information - information that is aparantly disputed by those that actually were present.
None of whom seem willing to do so under oath. And no, only this and I think one other was second hand.

Old 07-02-2022, 03:53 AM

37,224 posts, read 19,225,735 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ddeemo View Post
There were three people present. The only story I have seen was that they refuted her story and were willing to testify. That story was given to a talk show host by an anonymous source. I have not heard that they actually made a statement that was quoted anywhere by anyone who has a name.

Do you have a link to your source, please?

Old 07-02-2022, 04:01 AM

34,279 posts, read 19,384,355 times
Quote:
There were three people present. The only story I have seen was that they refuted her story and were willing to testify. That story was given to a talk show host by an anonymous source. I have not heard that they actually made a statement that was quoted anywhere by anyone who has a name.

Do you have a link to your source, please?
CNN is reporting they have multiple sources within the secret service.

I think they may have been willing to testify before that. The story apparently has been circulating for a while within the secret service, and the people involved have gossiped.

Given that, I expect that if either shows up to actually testify under oath we will hear "The fifth" taken, or we will do the he said she said.

Now how about Trump telling people to turn off the metal detectors to allow people with weapons to attend, and then march on the capital.

Thats the sort of thing that can be checked. Were they on or off? Notice how NO ONE in trumps side is talking about this?

Old 07-02-2022, 04:53 AM

51,655 posts, read 25,843,388 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greywar View Post
None of whom seem willing to do so under oath. And no, only this and I think one other was second hand.
Strange that this is the only part of her sworn testimony they object to.

But by all means bring in all the secret service guys, and have them testify under oath about what went on that day, and leading up to that day.

Old 07-02-2022, 04:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by greywar View Post
CNN is reporting they have multiple sources within the secret service.

I think they may have been willing to testify before that. The story apparently has been circulating for a while within the secret service, and the people involved have gossiped.

Given that, I expect that if either shows up to actually testify under oath we will hear "The fifth" taken, or we will do the he said she said.

Now how about Trump telling people to turn off the metal detectors to allow people with weapons to attend, and then march on the capital.

Thats the sort of thing that can be checked. Were they on or off? Notice how NO ONE in trumps side is talking about this?
I have noticed that.

Old 07-02-2022, 05:06 AM

Wondering why we aren't hearing more about those weapons.

A big part of the early discussion about January 6 was that it was not a "armed insurrection" but as they were not carrying guns.

Although how we would know whether they were carrying guns or not is anybody's guess as very few insurrectionist were detained and frisked that day.

Now, we are learning that many were armed, and thus unwilling to go through the metal detectors.

Trump knew this, and still wouldn't do anything to protect those at the Capitol.

Old 07-02-2022, 05:17 AM

59,113 posts, read 27,340,319 times
Quote:
Conspiracy Against The United States, Conspiracy to Defraud the Government, Obstructing an Official Proceeding, Seditious Conspiracy, Witness Intimidation, and Interstate Wire Fraud.

That doesn't count election tampering in Georgia or Arizona, or Bank and Income Tax Fraud in New York.
"Obstructing an Official Proceeding,"

And what "Official Proceeding was "obstructed? Be specific.

Did biden NOT take the oath with NO OBSTRUCTION?

You can cite all the laws you want and will still NOT get you anywhere!

Old 07-02-2022, 05:18 AM

12,906 posts, read 15,666,651 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GotHereQuickAsICould View Post
Wondering why we aren't hearing more about those weapons.

A big part of the early discussion about January 6 was that it was not a "armed insurrection" but as they were not carrying guns.

Although how we would know whether they were carrying guns or not is anybody's guess as very few insurrectionist were detained and frisked that day.

Now, we are learning that many were armed, and thus unwilling to go through the metal detectors.

Trump knew this, and still wouldn't do anything to protect those at the Capitol.
I asked this upthread and there's not a lot of information on it but wondering why many weren't detained when testimony and recordings are clear that there were plenty of weapons on display. I get not wanting to escalate a situation, but it really does seem that these armed protesters (even before the Capitol got crazy) were treated with kid gloves/preferentially.

Since I live locally, I believe their detainment would have made the local news as any other arrested protesters do.

Old 07-02-2022, 05:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristineVA View Post
I asked this upthread and there's not a lot of information on it but wondering why many weren't detained when testimony and recordings are clear that there were plenty of weapons on display. I get not wanting to escalate a situation, but it really does seem that these armed protesters (even before the Capitol got crazy) were treated with kid gloves/preferentially.

Since I live locally, I believe their detainment would have made the local news as any other arrested protesters do.
I thought it was illegal to walk around with a gun in Washington DC.

So why weren't they arrested?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies