Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Will you be watching the House January 6 Committee hearing?
YES-WATCHING 70 24.56%
NO-NOT WATCHING 215 75.44%
Voters: 285. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-02-2022, 06:40 AM

5,069 posts, read 3,966,121 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
The DC police had their hands full, this is why the claim that their were no guns was absurd. Do you think DC police had time to frisk people when they were being beaten senseless with a flag pole. They were in fear for their lives.
Is that why the only gunshot that day was the single round deliberately fired by a police officer at very close range that killed a small, empty-handed, and unarmed female Trump supporter?

Old 07-02-2022, 06:41 AM

12,906 posts, read 15,674,237 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Commenter View Post
Is that why the only gunshot that day was the single round fired by a police officer at very close range that killed a small, empty-handed, and unarmed female Trump supporter?
So it's okay that these people break the laws in DC because they didn't shoot anyone?

Old 07-02-2022, 06:45 AM

About the only thing Pelosi (a notorious Trump Russia Collusion Hoaxster) could have done in a more partisan fashion than hand-picking each member of her select committee was to ensure one of them was Adam Schiff.

And the Left wonders why normal folks are snickering at the entire theatrical production.

Old 07-02-2022, 06:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristineVA View Post
So it's okay that these people break the laws in DC because they didn't shoot anyone?
The cops on the steps battling the rioters? No idea why they didn’t shoot anyone who attached them with a flagpole or something.

At some point we’ll examine what went wrong in the perimeter defense. (Not sure that is a concern of Pelosi’s hand-picked committee.)

Old 07-02-2022, 07:04 AM

14,267 posts, read 6,969,309 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cuebald View Post
There is no way to make a profound statement from a base of profound ignorance. The fact that it is intentional compounds the shame of it.
And to think that some of these people vote.

Old 07-02-2022, 07:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
"Obstructing an Official Proceeding,"

And what "Official Proceeding was "obstructed? Be specific.

Did biden NOT take the oath with NO OBSTRUCTION?

You can cite all the laws you want and will still NOT get you anywhere!
You already know that Jan 6 when the joint session of Congress was doing the formal electoral vote count -- which was the official proceeding that Trump's mob interrupted and obstructed -- occurred before inauguration day.

One does not score points by pretending to be dumb, BTW.

Old 07-02-2022, 07:15 AM

37,185 posts, read 19,247,213 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Commenter View Post
Are you looking for ‘bombshells’ from Pelosi’s Trump-Russia Collusion Hoax that received great fanfare from the Left and their media that ultimately turned out to be erroneous and/or irrelevant and/or taken out of context?

Or

Are you looking for ‘bombshells’ from Pelosi’s hand-picked Jan 6 select committees that received great fanfare from the Left and their media that will ultimately turn out to be erroneous and/or irrelevant and/or taken out of context?

If the former, google’s your friend and if the latter you’re entitled to a healthy skepticism at this point not withstanding great fanfare from the Left and their media.

(When Nancy told us repeatedly about a policeman bludgeoned to death on the steps of the Capitol that was met with enthusiastic reporting and immediate belief from the Left. Others remembered she was one of the perpetrators of the Trump Russia Collusion Hoax and were very skeptical. Ultimately we learned the truth. Google’s now your friend for that one too.)
"Just because one of the chief perpetrators of the failed Trump Russia Collusion hoax is the very same woman who hand-picked every member of this January 6th select committee, doesn’t mean it too is a complete hoax.

It does mean the ‘bombshells’ widely and enthusiastically reported in the press may be erroneous and/or irrelevant and/or taken completely out of context."

You tell me. You are the one who brought up the bombshells. I have no idea what might have been going on in your mind. That's why I asked for examples. It's hard to give an answer to an ambiguous question.

If they are "bombshells" from the impeachment hearings, don't bother. They would be way off topic here.

Old 07-02-2022, 07:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristineVA View Post
I agree--at that point in time.

However, given the testimony and timeline of the guys in the trees with weapons and also walking down Constitution Avenue--this was before and during Trump's speech on the ellipse before all the Capitol violence started. Yes, they had their hands full but at the time, police had eyes on these people and were reporting it. I think at least ONE of them could have been apprehended or they could have been forced down.

I think if I tried to go down to that area today and just innocently climb up in the tree and sit, I'd be approached for sure.
We can assume from the guns that were seen by the police that there were a lot of others in the crowd. If an arrest had been attempted and a shot fired, everyone on the Mall with a firearm would have been in it in short rderm and literally hundreds many have been at risk. Add to that the fact that the police were massively outnumbered.

When I went to the Atlanta Pop Festival in 1970, there were a couple of hundred cops and an estimated 600,000 attendees. Drug deals were done in broad daylight in plain sight of the cops, who perceived they could have problems if they interfered.

It sounds to me like the police at the capitol made measured and rational decisions to not get involved unless trouble broke out.

Old 07-02-2022, 07:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ringwise View Post
Do you consider the Congressional Black Caucus a bunch of goons as well? This is what they did in 2001. It was 20 minutes versus a few hours, but these were members of Congress, trying to block certification of the election.

Today, for nearly 20 minutes in the cavernous House chamber, a dozen members of the Congressional Black Caucus, joined by a few sympathizers, tried in vain to block the counting of Florida's 25 electoral votes, protesting that black voters had been disenfranchised. As reported by the New York Times.
Absolutely. I also agree with their assessment that black voters had been disenfranchised.

Your point in changing the subject from the straight answer I gave...?

Old 07-02-2022, 07:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ringwise View Post
Do you consider the Congressional Black Caucus a bunch of goons as well? This is what they did in 2001. It was 20 minutes versus a few hours, but these were members of Congress, trying to block certification of the election.

Today, for nearly 20 minutes in the cavernous House chamber, a dozen members of the Congressional Black Caucus, joined by a few sympathizers, tried in vain to block the counting of Florida's 25 electoral votes, protesting that black voters had been disenfranchised. As reported by the New York Times.
Where is your link?

Did they break through windows to get in? Did they beat up Capitol police to get in? Or are you talking about elected House of Representative members who protested within the rules of the electoral count process to protest a state's votes?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies