Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Will you be watching the House January 6 Committee hearing?
YES-WATCHING 70 24.56%
NO-NOT WATCHING 215 75.44%
Voters: 285. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-19-2022, 12:10 PM

13,474 posts, read 4,304,071 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ansible90 View Post
In the Watergate scandal, it was Nixon's own Republican buddies who called him out for his wrong-doing, and talked him into resigning so the country could heal.

That same Republican party today is so afraid of Trump's mean tweets that they fail to call him out on his election lie.

What happened to the Republicans? Where is their spine? Why did they decline to have representatives on the committee?

They are all STILL running scared from Trump.

That's another topic but those hearings were represented by both sides unlike here. Trump was impeached with a full trial and ACQUITTED. So you lost me with the comparisons.

Do you ask the same questions to the Democrats on Bill Clinton and how they never went after the countless constitutional violations and war crimes of LBJ? or you are like a child that wonders in the middle of a movie?

Old 07-19-2022, 12:15 PM

Quote:
If you are confused, reread the post I was responding to. It wasn't yours btw.

Anyway, acquitted is not the same as not found guilty.
LMAO!!! We don't have such thing as "not found guilty" in our legal system. I'm not confused, your post was towards him but this is an open forum for anyone to read and respond. I responded. I hope that is ok with you. I can erase it if you want but you already read it.

Old 07-19-2022, 12:16 PM

13,212 posts, read 21,839,752 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonic_Spork View Post
The position I'm getting from the "Team Red" arguers here, is that unless troll culture was adequately represented in the membership of the Committee, and individuals who were actually going to be accused of being part of the problem investigated, were permitted to be there and allowed to cackle and scamper about and crap all over the process, then it's "not fair!"

When referring to a "side" that was not represented, you clearly are not talking about lifelong career Republicans. They have been, if anything OVERrepresented. Even among the talking time of who is asking the questions, Cheney has been doing a ton of the speaking, and she voted with Trump over 95% of the time...the only aspect in which she is somehow a "RINO" is that she does not live to suck up to Donald Trump. You're talking about people who take this seriously and have good faith intentions of investigating, versus those who desire to scuttle it by igniting irrelevant arguments, what-about-ing, obfuscating, memeifying, sound-biting...playing YOUR game, and playing not for any kind of truth, but to win. By whatever means necessary. Like it's an argument on the internet where you can triumph by just aiming a firehose of bovine excrement at anyone who disagrees with you. Frankly that, I think, is what has hooked a lot of people into support of the right in the first place...people who might not give a damn about politics otherwise, but who just love being nasty on the internet.

It has always been completely transparent to me why some people loved Trump. He was King Troll. The Lord of not only the bullies, but those guys who got bullied and only ever desired to have the tables turned. It was obvious when the Republican party declared itself to have no other platform other than "loyalty" to him. When any news that did not support him was just deemed "fake" and when any Republican who put their own principles over his interests became a "RINO."

Frankly, only time will tell whether serious people who have principles and who value democracy and truth will get control of the wheel of this country, or schoolyard bully edgelords will toss it over to authoritarianism. Cheney recently said that she looks forward to the day when what lies between Republicans and Democrats is just honest debate and disagreement, rather than something closer to hatred. Personally, I look forward to a day when I can consider voting for a Republican again, in good conscience, as I have in the past.
Bravo, well said.

Old 07-19-2022, 12:21 PM

Quote:
Frankly, only time will tell whether serious people who have principles and who value democracy and truth will get control of the wheel of this country, or schoolyard bully edgelords will toss it over to authoritarianism. Cheney recently said that she looks forward to the day when what lies between Republicans and Democrats is just honest debate and disagreement, rather than something closer to hatred. Personally, I look forward to a day when I can consider voting for a Republican again, in good conscience, as I have in the past.
From a W Bush/Cheney voter. I find funny liberals applauding that. They must have the same amnesia like Joe. You can't make this up. War criminals and their enablers lecturing the forum about principles, democracy and truth. This country is really going down the tubes. What's next making OJ Simpson Director of Women's Abuse and give out his personal cell phone to all abused women to chat? LMAO!

Old 07-19-2022, 12:22 PM

1,281 posts, read 1,422,750 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SanJuanStar View Post
Yeah, you missed a lot. Read my posts carefully about the "new" evidence. I'm not going to convict anybody by feelings or politics or play Perry Mason in the forum pretending I'm a legal scholar behind the computer like some do here everyday.

The legal part, I repeat, take it away from Pelosi and her hacks and let the DOJ decide if they have a case or not. The process is what I have huge issues here. That I can go into details because what Pelosi is doing is abuse of power. Is on the same level they did to Kavanaugh. I'm pretty simple to read.
So when the DOJ comes out with indictments, you will be satisfied with the process? They are investigating many people as we know.

Old 07-19-2022, 12:23 PM

1,281 posts, read 1,422,750 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonic_Spork View Post
The position I'm getting from the "Team Red" arguers here, is that unless troll culture was adequately represented in the membership of the Committee, and individuals who were actually going to be accused of being part of the problem investigated, were permitted to be there and allowed to cackle and scamper about and crap all over the process, then it's "not fair!"

When referring to a "side" that was not represented, you clearly are not talking about lifelong career Republicans. They have been, if anything OVERrepresented. Even among the talking time of who is asking the questions, Cheney has been doing a ton of the speaking, and she voted with Trump over 95% of the time...the only aspect in which she is somehow a "RINO" is that she does not live to suck up to Donald Trump. You're talking about people who take this seriously and have good faith intentions of investigating, versus those who desire to scuttle it by igniting irrelevant arguments, what-about-ing, obfuscating, memeifying, sound-biting...playing YOUR game, and playing not for any kind of truth, but to win. By whatever means necessary. Like it's an argument on the internet where you can triumph by just aiming a firehose of bovine excrement at anyone who disagrees with you. Frankly that, I think, is what has hooked a lot of people into support of the right in the first place...people who might not give a damn about politics otherwise, but who just love being nasty on the internet.

It has always been completely transparent to me why some people loved Trump. He was King Troll. The Lord of not only the bullies, but those guys who got bullied and only ever desired to have the tables turned. It was obvious when the Republican party declared itself to have no other platform other than "loyalty" to him. When any news that did not support him was just deemed "fake" and when any Republican who put their own principles over his interests became a "RINO."

Bravo indeed!!

Old 07-19-2022, 12:25 PM

14,267 posts, read 6,964,408 times
Quote:
LMAO!!! We don't have such thing as "not found guilty" in our legal system. I'm not confused, your post was towards him but this is an open forum for anyone to read and respond. I responded. I hope that is ok with you. I can erase it if you want but you already read it.
Courts find people guilty or not guilty.

Old 07-19-2022, 12:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanderling View Post
So when the DOJ comes out with indictments, you will be satisfied with the process? They are investigating many people as we know.

Yes. I said all the time here, if you got "new" criminal evidence it has to come from the DOJ where due process and impartiality are protected and the politics during an election year is out.

That's their job to investigate the country 24/7 that doesn't equal indictments on every investigation. Actually, investigations works for the other side many times because there is due process. Something We don't have here, not with Adam Schiff in the committee.

Going back to the process. It's unprecedented and an abuse of power.

Old 07-19-2022, 12:31 PM

Quote:
Courts find people guilty or not guilty.

yes but they don't use the term "innocent". That's a brain fart. Our legal system is made up to find people guilty or not guilty of the laws not "innocent". You got our constitution upside down.

Old 07-19-2022, 12:46 PM

14,267 posts, read 6,964,408 times
Quote:
yes but they don't use the term "innocent". That's a brain fart. Our legal system is made up to find people guilty or not guilty of the laws not "innocent". You got our constitution upside down.
Correct. Not guilty is not the same as innocent. And not guilty is not the same as acquitted as you were saying before. Trump was NOT acquitted at the 2nd impeachment. Now you get it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies