Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Will you be watching the House January 6 Committee hearing?
YES-WATCHING 70 24.56%
NO-NOT WATCHING 215 75.44%
Voters: 285. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-22-2022, 06:16 PM

37,176 posts, read 19,255,826 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by berdee View Post
Yep. Obama and his cronies seemed to get away with a lot.
Prerogatives of being a sitting president.

Old 07-22-2022, 06:19 PM

9,825 posts, read 11,569,318 times
Why are talking about Obama Hilary again?
Lets stay on Topic here, Orange Guy needs to go to Prison, at bare minimum the psychiatric ward.

Old 07-22-2022, 06:26 PM

1,658 posts, read 2,697,571 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by berdee View Post
How so?

There are posters here who are being more than a little disingenuous, but you don't really seem to care. hmm, I wonder why that is? /s

When/where, did I say that he'd told them to go home
during those particular tweets? Where does the link I'd provided say that?

During the rally, he told people to be peaceful.

At 2:38 pm he tweeted and told the crowd to support the cops and to be peaceful.

At 6:01pm, he had tweeted and again told them to go home peacefully.

Both of these tweets were in the link I'd provided, which were taken from a WaPo article.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Timeli...anuary_5,_2021
https://www.washingtonpost.com/natio...able-main-0106

But I suppose since your committee seems to be hiding this and not telling you about these things, then it means you believe WaPo is lying and had created those tweets.
Re the 2:38 tweet - I had added a very sarcastic comment about "supporting the cops." Upon review, it was over the top, and I deleted the comment. Until your post, I didn't realize that the tweet was deleted also.

No, you didn't say that he told them to go home. The point was that HE didn't tell the rioters to go home, until 140 officers were injured, one protester was killed, and several others had died.

You can remain in denial that Trump orchestrated a violent demonstration for Jan 6. However, that will not change the facts; some of Trump's accomplices will be going to prison for various crimes, though Trump's status as a former president might shield him from the worst consequences.

Today Trump is #3 on just about every 'Worst Presidents" list, but I see him toppng the charts soon. He'll be right where he likes to be, #1.

Old 07-22-2022, 06:32 PM

7,159 posts, read 4,753,721 times
A conviction without cross-examination. No questions. Do not allow the political prisoners to speak.
Most people are not interested in watching the left dissolve our justice system.
A guy just assaulted a GOP candidate with a deadly weapon and he is now free.
Capitol police let some people through the door and they’re locked up for over 1.5 years for walking around the building doing no harm.
Our country is swarming with authoritarian ghouls.
Ds will be obliterated soon. Can’t wait.

Old 07-22-2022, 06:34 PM

23,760 posts, read 12,642,822 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cuebald View Post
Then explain your take on what you think is going to happen, please. If you know enough to refute me, you certainly have enough on the ball to form and articulate an opinion.

"I think" means based on the current known facts I have seen, this is where I think the road will lead. It is by no means a hard and fast prognostication.

So spill - What do you think will happen? Or did you attack me personally because "you think" I'm right and you don't like it...?
Will happen? To whom? The rioters?

The rioters will likely continue to be imprisoned because that is what Pelosi the committee wants, in order to make Trump, and republicans in general, look bad.

There are far too many weird things that just aren't right about the whole thing, which had been previously pointed out in this forum.

Basically, the capitol building along with the WH and other federal buildings in DC, should be among the most protected buildings in the world, if not the most protected buildings in the world. Yet on that day they appeared to be the least protected. That Pelosi and the committee aren't too concerned about that particular fact is telling.

Old 07-22-2022, 06:36 PM

Quote:
Prerogatives of being a sitting president.
Correction: Prerogatives of being a sitting Democrat president.

Old 07-22-2022, 06:45 PM

26,579 posts, read 14,476,577 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by toodie View Post
A conviction without cross-examination.

this was a hearing, not a trial.

Quote:
No questions.

there were tons of questions asked of those who gave testimony.

Quote:
Do not allow the political prisoners to speak.

who exactly do you believe was a political prisoner?

Quote:
Most people are not interested in watching the left dissolve our justice system.

the vast majority of testimony given was from republicans.

Old 07-22-2022, 06:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustPassinThru View Post
Re the 2:38 tweet - I had added a very sarcastic comment about "supporting the cops." Upon review, it was over the top, and I deleted the comment. Until your post, I didn't realize that the tweet was deleted also.

No, you didn't say that he told them to go home. The point was that HE didn't tell the rioters to go home, until 140 officers were injured, one protester was killed, and several others had died.

You can remain in denial that Trump orchestrated a violent demonstration for Jan 6. However, that will not change the facts; some of Trump's accomplices will be going to prison for various crimes, though Trump's status as a former president might shield him from the worst consequences.
He didn't tell them to do what they did, either.

He had told them to be peaceful and to not fight the cops, and apparently they were seeing his tweets. They ignored him....so, there goes your theory that they were doing what he told them to do. The only ones who seem in denial are the anti-Trumps.

Quote:
Today Trump is #3 on just about every 'Worst Presidents" list, but I see him toppng the charts soon. He'll be right where he likes to be, #1.
Oh gee, imagine that. With all of the hate spewed by the left and their media over the past 6-7 years, you really expected there could be a different outcome in that respect? lol, talk about being in denial.

Old 07-22-2022, 06:56 PM

13,495 posts, read 4,320,825 times
Quote:
No. Obama kept Holder from being indicted, by asserting the documents subpoenaed by the Oversight Committee pertaining to Fast and Furious were protected by Executive Privilege. Had he been indicted, no one can speculate what the outcome may have been.

Bannon is going to jail because he openly and loudly refused to cooperate with a Congressional subpoena, did not have Executive Privilege available to him as a defense because his ex-boss was a private citizen, and was told that early in the game by the courts. He had nine months to correct his course. He got precisely what he deserves.
B.S. Holder held documents for the committee for over 1 1/2 years and when Congress voted to charge him with contempt, Obama at the last minute declared executive privilege in most of the documents to kill the investigation. It was a clear abuse of power.

Holder only gave 2% of redacted documents what the congressional investigation was asking.

Holder became the first U.S. attorney general in history to be held in both criminal and civil contempt. He was held in contempt by the House of Representatives in a 255–67 vote.

In January 2016, Judge Jackson tossed out Obama's executive privilege claims. (A Democrat)

The Justice Department declined to prosecute the attorney general on the contempt charge. DUH. Obama's DOJ wasn't prosecuting themselves.

The difference here is Bannon has nothing to do with 1/6th and didn't commit a crime while Holder was A.G. and was deep in the Fast and the Furious scandal and did violate laws.

Your hypocrisy shows.

Last edited by SanJuanStar; 07-22-2022 at 07:10 PM..

Old 07-22-2022, 07:01 PM

37,176 posts, read 19,255,826 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by toodie View Post
A conviction without cross-examination. No questions. Do not allow the political prisoners to speak.
A guy just assaulted a GOP candidate with a deadly weapon and he is now free.
Capitol police let some people through the door and they’re locked up for over 1.5 years for walking around the building doing no harm.
Our country is swarming with authoritarian ghouls.
Ds will be obliterated soon. Can’t wait.
The prosecution called two witnesses, and rested its case. The defense was encouraged to speak, and chose not to offer any rebuttal, or make any sort of statement. Bannon chose not to speak on his own behalf. His choice. If he was banking on a mistrial or an acquittal, he lost.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies