Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Will you be watching the House January 6 Committee hearing?
YES-WATCHING 70 24.56%
NO-NOT WATCHING 215 75.44%
Voters: 285. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-22-2022, 02:17 PM

2,942 posts, read 1,639,402 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winter_Sucks View Post
Ok
Oh, and how do you Biden followers, follow Joe

Old 07-22-2022, 02:34 PM

23,645 posts, read 12,561,414 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ssmaster View Post
They weren’t democrats. We don’t know every single person there BUT there is an excellent sample population of 840+ people facing Jan 6th charges. We know their names and charges and they are all trump supporters.

While we can identify trump supporters you can’t identify antifa and blm in the crowd sacking the capitol.
Please show where each and every one of them had proved they're Trump supporters?

Old 07-22-2022, 02:43 PM

20,398 posts, read 14,678,474 times
It's a whole theme, innit? The strategies of Trump and his guys who were just flinging crap at the courts hoping one of the judges they seem to have expected "loyalty" of would eventually give them a win. Lots of theories, no evidence. Just say it enough and that will make it true. Muddle the proceedings with BS, obfuscate, deflect, distract, confuse, insult...it is everything I observed from troll culture from the earliest days of the Wild West internet boards, to now.

And I am grateful to the show, Succession, for giving me a mental meme that is the perfect response. I think it was from Season One. Roman is talking about being the one to take over the family business empire, and Kendall says to him, "You're not a serious person." In context of the show, it's a perfect line, but in context of so much I see in today's politics, also perfect.

And maybe I'm getting old, but frankly still I feel like "tweeting on Twitter" is a ridiculous phrase made of nonsense right on its face and it bothers me that so many people of fame and stature make that their main platform. OK that's my "get off my lawn" comment for the day.

I watched last night, did not feel like there was anything too exciting about this installment. Hope that the DOJ doesn't wait until they finish whatever they are gonna do later this year, to get the ball rolling on all the things they're gonna do.

Old 07-22-2022, 02:44 PM

13,467 posts, read 4,301,426 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Winter_Sucks View Post
If democrats actually jailed these treason weasels I would be happy

The problem with that is they have to jail themselves after. They sold this country out for years.

Old 07-22-2022, 02:50 PM

13,429 posts, read 9,960,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by berdee View Post
Please show where each and every one of them had proved they're Trump supporters?
At the end, when he finally appeared to tell them to go home, Trump said “we love you”.

Does he love Antifa? Does he love far left rabble rousers?

No. He loves Trump supporters.

He was proud of his mob and how they ransacked the Capitol building at his behest. Own it. He did.

Old 07-22-2022, 02:52 PM

37,195 posts, read 19,225,735 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by erieguy View Post
Could doesn’t mean anything. He’ll be fine, but I understand folks trying to make it out more than it is.
Yep. Bannon has the DOJ right where he planned to have them. He's a regular Teflon-coated Boy Wonder. No jail can hold him.

Old 07-22-2022, 02:53 PM

5 hours ago. Hill Poll. Trumps lead Biden, Sanders and Kamala. Las Vegas Money odds for 2024 updated today: Trump is the money favorite in 2024. Actual Biden's and Kamala's odds went down in Las Vegas.

https://thehill.com/homenews/campaig...matchups-poll/

O.K. Democrats, time for plan # 675 and start leaking again non-stop, the Kangaroo court didn't work. Another 10 million + down the tubes by Democrats. When the numbers of Biden, Kamala and any Democrat goes down and Trump stays the favorite then throw out the playbook.

Old 07-22-2022, 02:53 PM

1,658 posts, read 2,696,129 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by berdee View Post
If your committee is telling you he didn't tweet during the afternoon telling them to be peaceful, respect the cops, to go home, etc., then they are filing your head with nonsense, imagine that.

And yes, he did tell them to be peaceful during his rally speech.
Think that you're being more than a little disingenuous here.

1:03 Rioters overrun 3 layers of barricades

1:49 DC Metropolitan Police Commander declares the scene a riot.
Trump does not call for the rioters to go home.

2:24 Trump stirs up the rioters by tweeting that Mike Pence "didn't have the courage..."
Trump does not call for the rioters to go home.

3:13 Trump tweets for the rioters to "remain peaceful."
WTH? Dozens of Capitol Police Officers were already injured. One rioter had been shot dead. The senate was in recess and the VP and his family were in hiding, fearing for their lives. Trump still did not tell the rioters to go home.

4:17 Having accomplished his objective of halting the certification of the electoral votes, Trump tells the rioters to go home in peace.

4:32 Secretary Miller approves deployment of the DC National Guard. To direct traffic out of the Capitol?

Trump's actions - or inactions - on January 6 speak for themselves.

Old 07-22-2022, 02:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuebald View Post
Yep. Bannon has the DOJ right where he planned to have them. He's a regular Teflon-coated Boy Wonder. No jail can hold him.

He did the exact same thing as Eric Holder in the Fast and the Furious gun scandal that people died. Bannon is going to jail while Holder is free making millions of dollars in speeches and books. Justice in America.

Old 07-22-2022, 02:56 PM

12,970 posts, read 9,664,852 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jwest09 View Post
"THAT MOB"...was made from people's of ALL races, and ALL political parties, including secret Democrats in "THAT MOB".
That was a predominantly white angry crowd, probably 99% and you would have to look hard to find anyone of color. Also, every hate group is the country are big Trump supporters, and they were well represented that day, some I never even heard of before.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies