Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Will you be watching the House January 6 Committee hearing?
YES-WATCHING 70 24.56%
NO-NOT WATCHING 215 75.44%
Voters: 285. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-02-2022, 05:18 AM

37,200 posts, read 19,225,735 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SanJuanStar View Post
The article says more:

Don't you think the committee ignored that huge piece of evidence during her testimony and why did Biden fought in court to keep this from the public? Thanks for the article. I would have found it later today but you brought it here and proves this is a Kangaroo Court and it exposes her testimony. Any lawyer in court would tear her apart. No prosecutor would put her on the stand.
DOJ has already deposed her a couple of times. They don’t seem to be worried about her being cross examined.

Old 08-02-2022, 05:30 AM

41,016 posts, read 18,224,042 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cuebald View Post
Not the first crook in the office though. I know that must gall him, even though history will record him as the biggest.
Quite the deflection. Gotta have proof to do that and you have none to get him. Like you said, wishing and hoping.

Old 08-02-2022, 06:54 AM
exm

3,722 posts, read 1,783,344 times
Why are we still talking about Hutchinson? What did she say that was relevant? That Trump 'tried to grab the steering wheel' in a Presidential vehicle (meanwhile she wasn't even there and how is that even physically possible)? And maybe the fact is relevant that the SS agents WHO WERE THERE haven't testified yet (I wonder why...)? How is this even worthy a discussion?

Or maybe the fact he threw a plate with ketchup against the wall? Geez, I wonder if everyone here ever got mad.

Again, can we stop talking about Christine Blasey Hutchinson?

Old 08-02-2022, 06:55 AM

3,989 posts, read 6,579,381 times
Funny - and here I have read multiple times on here that there were no weapons on 1/6....

A federal judge on Monday sentenced Guy Reffitt, who brought a gun to the US Capitol during the January 6, 2021, riot and threatened House Speaker Nancy Pelosi, to more than seven years in prison, the longest insurrection-related sentence to date.

Reffitt, a recruiter for a right-wing militia known as the Three Percenters, was the first Capitol rioter to go to trial rather than take a plea agreement.
"Mr. Reffitt's reluctance to admit early that his behavior is illegal is concerning," District Judge Dabney Friedrich said before handing down the 87-month sentence. "And I want to be very clear ... under no legitimate definition of the term 'patriot' (does) Mr. Reffitt's behavior on and around January 6 fit the term. It is the antithesis of the word."

Old 08-02-2022, 07:07 AM

6,369 posts, read 6,412,287 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by exm View Post
Why are we still talking about Hutchinson? What did she say that was relevant? That Trump 'tried to grab the steering wheel' in a Presidential vehicle (meanwhile she wasn't even there and how is that even physically possible)? And maybe the fact is relevant that the SS agents WHO WERE THERE haven't testified yet (I wonder why...)? How is this even worthy a discussion?

Or maybe the fact he threw a plate with ketchup against the wall? Geez, I wonder if everyone here ever got mad.

Curious, did you watch her testimony? You picked out about 4 minutes of many hours. There was much, much more that related to her first-person observations under oath, that directly bears on the actions of top administration officials and President Trump. THAT'S why she is still in the conversation.

Old 08-02-2022, 07:14 AM

Quote:

The fact that you don't know proves you don't know what we're talking about.

Everything you asked has been exhaustively covered in this thread. It would be quicker for you to simply watch her testimony to figure out why it was important.

She is sworn in at 22:15. This is C-SPAN, all camera and no commentary. There are no "opinions" to be refuted.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hSNBe-Wt6Q4&t=2431s

Old 08-02-2022, 07:52 AM

25,462 posts, read 9,817,016 times
Quote:

I think Mark Meadows knows plenty of what she said was relevant. That's why he's not talking.

Old 08-02-2022, 07:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by trobesmom View Post
I think Mark Meadows knows plenty of what she said was relevant. That's why he's not talking.
In public. I have a feeling he may be talking a lot behind the scenes and under oath, unless he is a complete fool. And I think part of that has to do with her testimony, that I'm not at all certain he expected.

Old 08-02-2022, 08:11 AM

21,430 posts, read 7,464,101 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uconn97 View Post
Funny - and here I have read multiple times on here that there were no weapons on 1/6....

A federal judge on Monday sentenced Guy Reffitt, who brought a gun to the US Capitol during the January 6, 2021, riot and threatened House Speaker Nancy Pelosi, to more than seven years in prison, the longest insurrection-related sentence to date.

Reffitt, a recruiter for a right-wing militia known as the Three Percenters, was the first Capitol rioter to go to trial rather than take a plea agreement.
"Mr. Reffitt's reluctance to admit early that his behavior is illegal is concerning," District Judge Dabney Friedrich said before handing down the 87-month sentence. "And I want to be very clear ... under no legitimate definition of the term 'patriot' (does) Mr. Reffitt's behavior on and around January 6 fit the term. It is the antithesis of the word."
Thanks for the quote.

This needed to be said.

The rioters on January 6th were not patriots, they were traitors. The rioters who died are dead traitors.

So whose fault is that? Whose fault is it that these ostensibly good people became traitors?

The former guy who started the election lie is responsible for that. The people who spread the election lies the former guy started are responsible for that (some of them undoubtedly post here). The rioters themselves also bear responsibility, for being so incredibly stupid and gullible.

Old 08-02-2022, 08:26 AM

8,131 posts, read 4,331,170 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hesychios View Post
Thanks for the quote.

This needed to be said.

The rioters on January 6th were not patriots, they were traitors. The rioters who died are dead traitors.

So whose fault is that? Whose fault is it that these ostensibly good people became traitors?

The former guy who started the election lie is responsible for that. The people who spread the election lies the former guy started are responsible for that (some of them undoubtedly post here). The rioters themselves also bear responsibility, for being so incredibly stupid and gullible.

You posted the TRUTH!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies