Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Will you be watching the House January 6 Committee hearing?
YES-WATCHING 70 24.56%
NO-NOT WATCHING 215 75.44%
Voters: 285. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-01-2022, 01:39 PM

1,295 posts, read 1,435,976 times

Advertisements

So, it seems that Trump's tantrum in the limo was a known fact long before Cassidy Hutchinson brought it into public view:

https://twitter.com/hunterw/status/1...r7OrfkgT4bRhzw

Color me not at all surprised. It's exactly in character in every way.

Old 07-01-2022, 02:07 PM

4,447 posts, read 1,735,399 times
Since we’re suddenly okay with using “unnamed sources…”

Quote:
Then-President Donald Trump angrily demanded to go to the US Capitol on January 6, 2021, and berated his protective detail when he didn't get his way, according to two Secret Service sources who say they heard about the incident from multiple agents, including the driver of the presidential SUV where it occurred...

"He had sort of lunged forward -- it was unclear from the conversations I had that he actually made physical contact, but he might have. I don't know," the source said. "Nobody said Trump assaulted him; they said he tried to lunge over the seat -- for what reason, nobody had any idea."

The employee said he'd heard about the incident multiple times as far back as February 2021 from other agents, including some who were part of the presidential protective detail during that time period but none of whom were involved in the incident.
https://www.cnn.com/2022/07/01/polit...ging-incident/

Old 07-01-2022, 02:15 PM

15,722 posts, read 9,568,506 times
It seems that Liz Cheney's little aside at the end of Tuesday's meeting was due to an associate of Mark Meadows texing Cassidy Hutchinson

Quote:
The message in question was the second of two warnings the committee disclosed at the end of its explosive special hearing on Tuesday, when Hutchinson testified about matters including how Donald Trump directed a crowd he knew was armed to march on the Capitol, the sources said.

“[A person] let me know you have your deposition tomorrow. He wants me to let you know that he’s thinking about you. He knows you’re loyal, and you’re going to do the right thing when you go in for your deposition,” the message read. The redaction was “Meadows”, the sources said.
Sounds like an innocent man to me! SMH

Mark Meadows’ associate threatened ex-White House aide before her testimony

Old 07-01-2022, 02:19 PM

14,267 posts, read 6,994,034 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rjshae View Post
The evidence suggests otherwise. He has testified under oath many times in the past, and appears to handle himself decently well in those circumstances. What he doesn't do well is prepare.
The only things Trump has said in past depositions are:

* I don't remember
* I plead the 5th.

Old 07-01-2022, 02:20 PM

14,267 posts, read 6,994,034 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jwest09 View Post
That has not been established in a court of law.
No. We only saw it on live TV.

Old 07-01-2022, 02:24 PM

37,282 posts, read 19,299,567 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kdog View Post
There already is an investigation into the Russia investigation headed by one John Durham who was appointed by Trump. How's that going anyhow? Anyone convicted yet?
From what I've heard, he's doing almost as well as Trey Gowdy did in indicting Hillary.

Old 07-01-2022, 02:27 PM

11,403 posts, read 4,105,205 times
Multiple top level Republican officials in Arizona have been served subpoenas and search warrants by the FBI.

https://twitter.com/SmnWeekly/status...12490764734465

Old 07-01-2022, 02:28 PM

37,282 posts, read 19,299,567 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanderling View Post
So, it seems that Trump's tantrum in the limo was a known fact long before Cassidy Hutchinson brought it into public view:

https://twitter.com/hunterw/status/1...r7OrfkgT4bRhzw

Color me not at all surprised. It's exactly in character in every way.
Apparently several versions of that story have been circulating through the Secret Service since January 6.

Cassidy said Ornato told his version to her with Engel sitting there, while it was still fresh. By some accounts Ornato is as loose with the truth as Trump, which also makes him a semi-reliable witness.

The one I really want to hear from is the as yet unidentified driver that day. They need to get him alone and let him tell the story on video to compare to everyone else.

Old 07-01-2022, 02:34 PM

7,825 posts, read 2,745,586 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cuebald View Post
Apparently several versions of that story have been circulating through the Secret Service since January 6.

Cassidy said Ornato told his version to her with Engel sitting there, while it was still fresh. By some accounts Ornato is as loose with the truth as Trump, which also makes him a semi-reliable witness.

The one I really want to hear from is the as yet unidentified driver that day. They need to get him alone and let him tell the story on video to compare to everyone else.
I'm just curious...wouldn't a vehicle that transports a US President have cameras???

Old 07-01-2022, 02:34 PM

1,295 posts, read 1,435,976 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cuebald View Post

Cassidy said Ornato told his version to her with Engel sitting there. By some accounts Ornato is as loose with the truth as Trump.

The one I really want to hear from is the as yet unidentified driver that day.
Yes. Clearly she did not make it up, counter to what some here would like us to believe. Here's hoping the driver has some integrity and will tell the Committee his version, if he hasn't already.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies