Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Will you be watching the House January 6 Committee hearing?
YES-WATCHING 70 24.56%
NO-NOT WATCHING 215 75.44%
Voters: 285. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-01-2022, 02:34 PM

37,195 posts, read 19,232,404 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe the Photog View Post
It seems that Liz Cheney's little aside at the end of Tuesday's meeting was due to an associate of Mark Meadows texing Cassidy Hutchinson

Sounds like an innocent man to me! SMH

Mark Meadows’ associate threatened ex-White House aide before her testimony
And that is exactly the way the mob speaks in code. At Meadows' urging.

Mark may want to cut a deal while there's still one to be had.

Old 07-01-2022, 02:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnBoy64 View Post
I'm just curious...wouldn't a vehicle that transports a US President have cameras???
That puzzled me as well. I would think there would be cameras from at least two angles that covered the entire interior.

We do know there were three people in the car with Trump, though, and have heard that several agents saw what happened from outside the car. The truth will come out.

Old 07-01-2022, 02:40 PM

46,312 posts, read 27,131,867 times
Does what happen while trump was a public citizen, have anything to do with this?

Old 07-01-2022, 02:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
Does what happen while trump was a public citizen, have anything to do with this?
Not necessarily. What prompts the question?

Old 07-01-2022, 02:46 PM

15,713 posts, read 9,533,686 times
Quote:
I'm just curious...wouldn't a vehicle that transports a US President have cameras???
I don't know. Google does not seem to know either. Perhaps the Secret Service would not want us to know. But I would be surprised if it does. Taping did not seem to work too well for Nixon and if we find out there is video from inside a presidential car, then each side would want to see all video from the car for all presidents.

Old 07-01-2022, 02:47 PM

46,312 posts, read 27,131,867 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cuebald View Post
That puzzled me as well. I would think there would be cameras from at least two angles that covered the entire interior.
Agreed. But why did it take so long for this particular "bomb shell" to come out?

Quote:
We do know there were three people in the car with Trump, though, and have heard that several agents saw what happened from outside the car.
Well, why are these "several" agents not coming forward?

Quote:
The truth will come out.
And as you supported the russia collusion, yes it will.

Old 07-01-2022, 02:53 PM

12,906 posts, read 15,668,560 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
Agreed. But why did it take so long for this particular "bomb shell" to come out?

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/w...-b2113909.html

Quote:
Former White House aide Cassidy Hutchinson’s bombshell testimony before the House January 6 select committee came after she ditched a lawyer with deep connections to former president Donald Trump, who was being paid by his political operation.

According to The New York Times, the ground-breaking testimony only became possible after Ms Hutchinson fired her previous attorney, Stephen Passantino.

Mr Passantino, who served in the White House counsel’s office during Mr Trump’s presidency, represented Ms Hutchinson through her first three sessions with the panel, with his legal fees being paid by one of a number of pro-Trump organisations that have sprung up as part of a support network for the former president and his allies.

But for Ms Hutchinson’s fourth appearance before the select committee, she instead hired Jody Hunt, an Alston and Bird partner who had served in the Trump Justice Department under former attorney general Jeff Sessions.
There are now suspicions of witness tampering with Hutchinson and other witnesses. Her new attorney advised her to be more forthcoming about what she knew versus the previous attorney who steered her testimony to the bare minimum to protect Trump, Meadows, et al.

Old 07-01-2022, 02:58 PM

7,826 posts, read 2,731,632 times
Man....The Washington Examiner is just going for Trump's jugular. I am thinking they are throwing their chips in for DeSantis. Again these guys are pretty far right of Fox News

Former federal prosecutor: Cassidy Hutchinson testimony shows Trump committed treason

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/p...mitted-treason

Quote:
A veteran federal prosecutor said Tuesday’s shocking testimony at the Jan. 6 committee’s public hearing shows former President Donald Trump is guilty of treason.

Old 07-01-2022, 03:03 PM

14,267 posts, read 6,964,408 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristineVA View Post
https://www.independent.co.uk/news/w...-b2113909.html

There are now suspicions of witness tampering with Hutchinson and other witnesses. Her new attorney advised her to be more forthcoming about what she knew versus the previous attorney who steered her testimony to the bare minimum to protect Trump, Meadows, et al.
Good information to know. Thanks for posting it.

Old 07-01-2022, 04:14 PM

6,739 posts, read 4,424,565 times
Quote:
Their core audience consists of many that are ignoring the hearings on the orders of other right wing entertainers. Wonder if this will be influential to get these people to watch and listen to these hearings. They are facing major blowback in MAGA world over this and these guys don't seem to care. It's definitely an interesting development....their is something more going on here.

They've invested too much of themselves, plus donations to admit they have been duped. Trump will gladly tell you what you want to hear, or throw out something and see if it hits. The hook is set. Here you are.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies