Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-16-2022, 12:03 PM

30,976 posts, read 21,671,593 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoonose View Post
Of course Paxlovid works. It's job is to prevent more severe progression of the disease. And the rebound is proving a minor nuisance so far. I would bet if they gave you 7 days of Rx, the problem not be evident.

By the way if you have taken it, it has some nasty side effects. The sour grapefruit taste lingers in the mouth like you've taken a bite out of the rind. And there are many meds including my prostate Rx that you can't take while taking, and for a few days after taking Paxlovid. And that presented me with enough problems to quit the Paxlovid early. And I'm still good...
If a person is on more than one or two prescribed medications, that person is not in the best of health in my opinion. I am on none.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-16-2022, 12:04 PM

446 posts, read 220,794 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoonose View Post
Associated with my anecdotal case we have 3 high risk vaccinated that did fine with Paxlovid.

https://www.pfizer.com/news/press-re...dtm-supporting
Ok, no RCT then by Pfizer on vaccinated persons. Got it.

Old 06-16-2022, 12:18 PM

8,609 posts, read 2,314,505 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by suzy_q2010 View Post
This conversation is not about masks; it is about vaccinated people having lower risk of severe disease than unvaccinated people, which the Washington State statistics clearly confirm.
Quote:
It has already been established that those of us who have been vaccinated do far better than anyone not vaccinated
unfortunately, the standards used were:

*far better
*anyone

but I appreciate the stats from Washington state.

Now, I will certainly agree that for the unacceptably high %'s of bad outcomes in the 65+ crowd, something 4x better is indeed and absolutely far better.

For a different demographic that's 1 in a million, 1 in 500K is really no big deal.

Old 06-16-2022, 12:29 PM

18,848 posts, read 8,500,721 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StillwaterTownie View Post
If a person is on more than one or two prescribed medications, that person is not in the best of health in my opinion. I am on none.
Many people can be in great health and yet be on some meds.

If you are younger and healthy, then you probably won't need Paxlovid if you get Covid.

Old 06-16-2022, 06:48 PM

5,115 posts, read 2,058,602 times
Mind if I share a drawing of one cartoonist who have lots of fun to portray Fauci taking horse dewormer?
https://grrrgraphics.com/fauci-catches-covid/

Old 06-22-2022, 02:03 PM

37,131 posts, read 41,338,442 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RowingFiend View Post
Well, we’ve had many discussions about vaccines and masks here. I’m just pointing out your intellectual dishonesty when it comes to discussing anything related to COVID. Your contributions are motivated by a political agenda, that’s all.
I have no political agenda. I voted for neither Trump nor Biden, and I am very unhappy with Biden.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 303Guy View Post
So what caused all the unvaxxed folks to have mild symptoms and sometimes to not catch covid at all?

You'll have trouble convincing me to thank God for the vaxxine. It gave me long covid. Still have the headache.
No organism infects everyone exposed to it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oklazona Bound View Post
That is a good point. I know a year ago when delta was happening there was chatter of updated vaccines to fight the variants. But it seems they are just giving the original vaccine over and over.
There are updated vaccines under study.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbgusa View Post
I agree. I am not a "covidian." I have had both shots and two boosters. I suspect I had it in February 2020. I have had a string of negative tests but when I donated blood, just before my last booster, and the donation before, three or so months after my first booster, Red Cross showed I was antibody-positive. Meanwhile I go to work in an office every day.

Go figure.
Red Cross can tell whether the antibodies are from infection or being vaccinated. Which were yours?

Quote:
Ok let's stop right there. That's a load of BS! The vaxx does nothing to stop infections. It does seem to reduce the hospitalization rates as well as death rates but to say it reduces infection rates? No. That's BS, sorry.
It does reduce infection rates, but not well and the effect wanes quickly.

Quote:
Ok, right there in https://www.thelancet.com/journals/l...768-4/fulltext is what I've just expressed being confirmed. I can't copy paste the text though, to make my point.
Your article is about transmission rates in infected vaccinated and unvaccinated people, not about vaccine effectiveness.

Quote:
Let's just hope the vaccine doesn't get you before the covid does. But if it does, then you will never die from covid which would mean that the vaxx worked for you.

You see, how it works is that people who are likely to die from covid are also likely to die from the vaxx. That's why the vaxx reduces the covid death rate. The vaxx kills you first!
Ridiculous conclusion.

Deaths from the vaccine are extremely rare and a lot lower than deaths from the disease.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissTerri View Post
Rebound cases are common with paxlovid.
Not yet fully understood, but under intense scrutiny.

https://www.statnews.com/2022/05/24/...-for-theories/

Old 06-22-2022, 02:19 PM

9,327 posts, read 16,681,070 times
Default Who Cares?????

Thank God I don't have to see his face everyday and listen to his flip-flopping. I had two shots and booster and I got Covid....basically the sniffles.

Old 06-23-2022, 11:03 AM

35,140 posts, read 17,096,271 times
Quote:
Red Cross can tell whether the antibodies are from infection or being vaccinated. Which were yours?
I just checked and it doesn't say. I got "Reactive+ test result" which is explained: "Antibody levels were detected at levels high enough that your plasma may be used as convalescent plasma." That's it. The FDA fact sheet to which the Red Cross linked me says (link):
Quote:
What does it mean if I have a positive test result? If you have a positive test result, it is possible that you have or previously had COVID-19 and that you have developed an antibody response to the virus. A positive test result may also occur after receipt of a COVID-19 vaccine. However, the meaning of a positive antibody result in individuals who received a COVID-19 vaccine is unknown. Your healthcare provider will work with you to determine how best to care for you based on the test results along with other factors of your medical history, your symptoms, possible exposures, and geographic location of places you have recently traveled. There is also a chance that this test can give a positive result that is wrong (a false positive result). Even a high- performing antibody test when used in a population without many cases of COVID-19 infection may produce as many or more false results as true results because the likelihood of finding someone who has been infected is very small. Your healthcare provider will work with you to determine the likelihood of false result.
Rather non-descript. Certainly doesn't give past contagion or vaccines credit.

Old 06-23-2022, 04:07 PM

37,131 posts, read 41,338,442 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbgusa View Post
I just checked and it doesn't say. I got "Reactive+ test result" which is explained: "Antibody levels were detected at levels high enough that your plasma may be used as convalescent plasma." That's it. Rather non-descript. Certainly doesn't give past contagion or vaccines credit.
I checked my Red Cross account and my antibody report is no longer there. I have an appointment for my next donation at the end of the month. I hope they are still doing the antibody test then. If so, we can compare results.

Old 06-23-2022, 04:28 PM

35,140 posts, read 17,096,271 times
Quote:
I checked my Red Cross account and my antibody report is no longer there. I have an appointment for my next donation at the end of the month. I hope they are still doing the antibody test then. If so, we can compare results.
It's harder to find but it's there. It's under "Donation History" and then "History." See below.

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies