Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-15-2022, 07:50 PM

1,154 posts, read 276,522 times

Advertisements

Safe and effective.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-15-2022, 07:54 PM

30,376 posts, read 11,986,640 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by clutchcargo777 View Post
Another "fact" was that mRNA vaccines are easily edited to work agaisnt any variant that comes along. 100 days max to test it's safety*. How long have we been using version 1.0? Over 500?
That is a good point. I know a year ago when delta was happening there was chatter of updated vaccines to fight the variants. But it seems they are just giving the original vaccine over and over.

Old 06-15-2022, 08:55 PM

22,542 posts, read 12,123,666 times
Here is "The United Spot"'s take on this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1W3X8es2vNY

Old 06-15-2022, 10:01 PM

30,976 posts, read 21,738,838 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by personone View Post
How is it poetic justice? Fauci is 81 years old and doing fine. Only mild symptoms. He was vaccinated, boosted, and is now taking Paxlovid pills. Thank God for the vaccines and treatments, which Fauci played an important role in helping get out to the public. He is benefiting from his work now, so it’s the opposite of poetic justice. As someone else mentioned, had he gotten it in 2020 (before vaccines and treatments existed), he could have been in grave danger right now.
Oh, yeah, Paxlovid is without a doubt the new miracle drug treatment to get cured of covid fast. The affected person taking it will start feeling a lot better the day after. Coughing will be reduced; fever will be well down maybe back to normal. And likely no side effects. If hospitals don't become overwhelmed again later this year as cases go back up, then we'll know why.

Old 06-15-2022, 10:24 PM

2,941 posts, read 1,647,196 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wp169 View Post
Fauci finally caught covid even though he had two Pfizer shots and two boosters, the last one May 9.

United States Secretary of Health and Human Services Becerra has covid also, caught it twice in a month.
Did he forget to wear his mask???

Old 06-15-2022, 10:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrCoffee57 View Post
Paxlovid is causing around 10% of the people who take it to rebound

A miracle it’s not, a highly poisonous drug made by Pfizer. If you take it you’re an idiot. Fauci is definitely not taking Paxlovid he’s just saying he is to get money from Pfizer.
What is your source for that info? Naturalnews? Babylon Bee? InfoWars? The Onion?

Old 06-15-2022, 11:39 PM

Quote:
Where do you get your news it’s a miracle drug? News networks that accept ad money from Pfizer?

Oh you’re so smart and informed by not trusting those icky sources instead of Pfizer corporate press releases! You go girl.

But I read about rebound in the ***** corporate media like NBC : https://www.nbcboston.com/news/local...s/2748269/?amp

It was all over the networks! So much for being informed.
Thanks for your contribution. At the end it said:

Experts said that rebounds don't necessarily mean Paxlovid doesn't work.

"The message I want to convey is that, if you do qualify and if you're at risk, I think that this is a phenomenal drug that could really make a difference in keeping people outside of the hospital and not needing to be hospitalized," Assoumou said. "So, I would say talk to your clinicians and talk to your healthcare professional to make sure that you get the best advice."

Pfizer's clinical trial showed that Paxlovid lowered the risk of hospitalization or death among high-risk COVID patients by 88% within five days of symptoms. The National Institutes of Health still recommends it over other treatments for mild or moderate COVID.

Furthermore, your source did not mention that Paxlovid is poison. An alternative to Paxlovid is infused antibodies, but I suppose you pretty strongly think that is poison, too.

To quote from a different article it said:

"A study conducted by the Mayo Clinic and published Tuesday in the journal Clinical Infectious Diseases found that less than 1% of about 500 high-risk patients who took Paxlovid reported a rebound in symptoms.

Previous data has indicated that rebounds may occur in 1% to 2% of people who take the drug, according to the FDA. Pfizer itself says about 2% of participants taking Paxlovid in clinical trials experienced a rebound, as did 1.6% of participants who got the placebo." So, no mention of it being at 10%.

Old 06-16-2022, 12:29 AM

Quote:

The "experts", more like salesmen for Pfizer!

Use common sense, if the drug causes you to rebound, it not only didn't work but was negatively effective.

Infused antibodies are not poison. Paxlovid is poison. Nirmatrelvir inhibits several vital enzymes that your cell needs and Ritonavir is a DNA chain terminator/mutagenic drug. If you read the bogus RCT on Paxlovid, they claim that the dosage of Ritonavir is low enough not to cause any severe side effects as seen in AIDS patients.

So still poison, just in small enough quantities not to kill you I guess. Reminds of me Docs giving mercury for the colds, except mercury is better for you than Paxlovid.

And IV Abs are not poison, but they are not necessary for a virus milder than the garden variety cold. Anyone who needs IV Abs to survive this virus is most likely better off dead anyway.
Then surely you think the Mayo Clinic works for or gets kickbacks from Pfizer.

If true, the rebound rate of Paxlovid is only 1-2% in high-risk people, then that is very small.

Quite a few prescribed drugs are liable to inhibit or interfere with the body's mechanism in some way, while doing great good. Antibiotics are just one example.

Ritonavir is on the World Health Organization's List of Essential Medicines.

Old 06-16-2022, 12:45 AM

35,422 posts, read 17,334,604 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
Every time some vaccinated person of prominence gets covid the anti-vaxxers trumpet it as though it is a supreme gotcha moment for them. These days though one has to be an ignorant fool to not know that the antibodies produced by the vaccines are not very effective in preventing infection with the circulating variants. They are, however almost bulletproof in preventing much more than mild symptoms in all but immunocompromised persons - also a fact known to all but ignorant fools. Fauci is just one more example.
I agree. I am not a "covidian." I have had both shots and two boosters. I suspect I had it in February 2020. I have had a string of negative tests but when I donated blood, just before my last booster, and the donation before, three or so months after my first booster, Red Cross showed I was antibody-positive. Meanwhile I go to work in an office every day.

Go figure.

Old 06-16-2022, 01:10 AM

35,422 posts, read 17,334,604 times
Quote:
Depending on which antibody test they were using, it may not distinguish the antibodies from the vaccine vs the virus. You'd need to doublecheck they ran an NP-Ab test.
The timing doesn't work for that. Booster #1 - 10/27/2021. Blood donation #1 3/24/2022. Blood donation #2 - May 24, 2022; Boster #2 -May 27, 2022. These types of things really need to be put in chronological order.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies