Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-18-2022, 01:42 PM

25,925 posts, read 16,653,350 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by richardstarkey View Post
Hopefully there’ll be a leak when peckerhead is out back smoking one his Marlboro lights.
I don’t care who you are, that’s funny! You do realize that PH will probably send a secret service guy out there to smoke to test it first haha
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-18-2022, 03:07 PM

13,171 posts, read 7,685,896 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kibby View Post
Total Prepper is exactly what this is.
That Mansion doesn’t run on Propane — those massive tanks are for his propane powered Whole House generators when the Power fails.

I wonder what he knows that we don’t? He is spending a LOT of money for the excavations, the Tanks and the propane itself.
The holes are essentially, a zero cost.
It's the labor, transportation, and time on site of the shovel that costs $$$$. The hole(s) will cost relatively nothing. Cost to make many holes is essentially the cost to make 1 hole.
Most people who own power drills understand this. You should see my drywall The studfinder tool, isn't that accurate
YHMV

Old 06-18-2022, 03:55 PM

5,040 posts, read 3,467,477 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TamaraSavannah View Post
Yes, something like that. A 500 gallon tank is what I have here on the ranch so for what he has, it doesn't sound like "massive" to me.
Not an Obama fan... but fair is fair. If propane is what they use there, what's the problem? People seem to have lost the ability to reason.

Old 06-18-2022, 03:58 PM

4,994 posts, read 2,005,820 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trobesmom View Post
Yes, and all the wealthy are doing just fine as well.

But it is the wealthy democrats who are the hypocrites.

Old 06-18-2022, 05:57 PM

7,072 posts, read 9,566,871 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seguinite View Post
Not an Obama fan... but fair is fair. If propane is what they use there, what's the problem? People seem to have lost the ability to reason.
Nah, I’m just tired of Democrats telling me what sources of fuel I can and can’t use. We’ve got Democrats at least here in Colorado who have or are banning small gas engines (like lawnmowers) as well as gas stoves (in new homes, in Denver at least), so I do see a problem with this, as I resent it. So it’s “okay” for him (as the second worst President this country has ever faced in recent history, as Joe Biden is first) to have propane/gas appliances, but everyone else shouldn’t.

We’ve also got Democrats in various places who have banned the sale of new ICE vehicles by a certain year.

So no, shouldn’t Obama be figuring out how to leverage electricity to do whatever he’s opting to do with propane?

Old 06-18-2022, 06:35 PM

5,614 posts, read 2,351,530 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cowboyxjon View Post
.... We’ve got Democrats at least here in Colorado who have or are banning small gas engines (like lawnmowers) as well as gas stoves (in new homes, in Denver at least), so I do see a problem with this, as I resent it. So it’s “okay” for him (as the second worst President this country has ever faced in recent history, as Joe Biden is first) to have propane/gas appliances, but everyone else shouldn’t.

Denver isn't getting rid of propane for the fuel source of gas stoves and other home appliances. Denver is limiting natural gas, not propane. You can still have fire for gas stoves using propane in Denver, even with the new rules. Obama still meets the Denver rules since he is using propane. You are ranting about the wrong thing.

You can buy a gas stove to be used with either natural gas or propane. Can't tell the difference when using - same fire for cooking. It's even the same gas stove - just different fuel source and swap some small parts in the burners to use either propane or natural gas. The appliance comes with the parts for use with propane as well as natural gas.

Old 06-18-2022, 06:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Variable View Post
Denver isn't getting rid of propane for the fuel source of gas stoves and other home appliances. Denver is limiting natural gas, not propane. You can still have fire for gas stoves using propane in Denver, even with the new rules Obama still meets the Denver rules since he is using propane. You are ranting about the wrong thing.

You can buy a gas stove to be used with either natural gas or propane. Can't tell the difference when using - same fire for cooking.
Okay, fine, I misunderstood the rules in Denver, although I’m sure they are designed to discourage gas in general, since I’m assuming anyone who would want a propane stove in new construction would have to figure out how to get service and have a tank installed outside, which seems cumbersome especially in the city. I moved out of the actual City and County of Denver about 6 years ago and haven’t really followed what’s going on as closely.

But, still doesn’t make me feel any different about the Obamas. Democrats want all of us to be using electricity for everything to the point where they are limiting our choices and more or less forcing it on us, because Climate Change. So, Obama should be looking to figure out how to use electricity for whatever it is he’s using propane for instead of gas.

I’m sure Democrats will be coming for propane next.

Old 06-18-2022, 06:49 PM

30,902 posts, read 33,164,743 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cowboyxjon View Post
Nah, I’m just tired of Democrats telling me what sources of fuel I can and can’t use. We’ve got Democrats at least here in Colorado who have or are banning small gas engines (like lawnmowers) as well as gas stoves (in new homes, in Denver at least), so I do see a problem with this, as I resent it. So it’s “okay” for him (as the second worst President this country has ever faced in recent history, as Joe Biden is first) to have propane/gas appliances, but everyone else shouldn’t.

We’ve also got Democrats in various places who have banned the sale of new ICE vehicles by a certain year.

So no, shouldn’t Obama be figuring out how to leverage electricity to do whatever he’s opting to do with propane?
Huh? Propane already is a more eco-friendly choice.

Old 06-18-2022, 06:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerZ View Post
Apparently it is, just read more about it. I assumed since it’s derived from gas anyway, it would be next on the list of things Democrats want to ban but it looks like emissions are a lot lower. So, my mistake. I still think Obama is a scumbag, however, and I resent Democrats who want to force everyone to use certain fuel sources.

Old 06-18-2022, 07:07 PM

25,925 posts, read 16,653,350 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerZ View Post
Propane is refined from crude oil. It’s a fossil fuel so a green Democrat really shouldn’t be using it…I mean if they want to walk the walk.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies