Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-18-2022, 07:09 PM

30,902 posts, read 33,045,784 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by PullMyFinger View Post
Propane is refined from crude oil. It’s a fossil fuel so a green Democrat really shouldn’t be using it…I mean if they want to walk the walk.
We are supposed to cut down; to use better sources. He is. Are you?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-18-2022, 07:15 PM

6,832 posts, read 9,386,068 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerZ View Post
We are supposed to cut down; to use better sources. He is. Are you?
I know you didn’t ask me, but I am. I had solar panels installed even though it barely made financial sense, because I AM interested in the technology.

I xeriscaped my yard because I want to conserve water and I happen to like the way native, drought tolerant landscapes look.

But I didn’t do either of those things because some Democrat limited my options and and/or banned everything else available to me.

Old 06-18-2022, 07:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cowboyxjon View Post
I know you didn’t ask me, but I am. I had solar panels installed even though it barely made financial sense, because I AM interested in the technology.

I xeriscaped my yard because I want to conserve water and I happen to like the way native, drought tolerant landscapes look.

But I didn’t do either of those things because some Democrat limited my options and and/or banned everything else available to me.
Fantastic! Then what do you care what "some Democrat" says? And how were you limited? Nobody has dragged me into jail for not yet installing solar. They weren't going to drag you, either.

Old 06-18-2022, 07:20 PM

39,884 posts, read 26,562,438 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seguinite View Post
Not an Obama fan... but fair is fair. If propane is what they use there, what's the problem? People seem to have lost the ability to reason.
I think the issue is President Climate Change is putting in a very large storage system-for fossil fuels. When, if he actually were concerned about the environment he'd put in solar panels and battery backups. Preferably ones from Tesla.

I guess we need to call him President Hypocrite instead of President Climate Change.

Old 06-18-2022, 07:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyman at Jewel Lake View Post
I think the issue is President Climate Change is putting in a very large storage system-for fossil fuels. When, if he actually were concerned about the environment he'd put in solar panels and battery backups. Preferably ones from Tesla.

I guess we need to call him President Hypocrite instead of President Climate Change.
I guess we need to call this ODS.

Old 06-18-2022, 07:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerZ View Post
Fantastic! Then what do you care what "some Democrat" says? And how were you limited? Nobody has dragged me into jail for not yet installing solar. They weren't going to drag you, either.
I wasn’t “limited” in any way by buying solar panels. It’s something I decided to do on my own without some Democrat mandating it.

I care when Democrats ban and/or make it harder to get the things they think people shouldn’t have.

If I’m building in new home in Denver, I can’t have natural gas appliances. So, that limits choice of appliances and fuel types.

In a few years from now, if I need a new lawnmower, I wont’ be able to buy one with a gas engine, which limits my choices and leaves me with either a manual push mower, an electric mower with a cord, or one that uses batteries. So, that limits me to something either manual or electric.

While I’m sure Colorado will eventually follow California (but hasn’t yet done so), in 2035-2040ish, if I want a new vehicle, I’ll be limited to an EV, because some Democrat decided that new ICE vehicles can’t be sold anymore because Climate Change.

Old 06-18-2022, 07:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cowboyxjon View Post
I wasn’t “limited” in any way by buying solar panels. It’s something I decided to do on my own without some Democrat mandating it.

I care when Democrats ban and/or make it harder to get the things they think people shouldn’t have.

If I’m building in new home in Denver, I can’t have natural gas appliances. So, that limits choice of appliances and fuel types.

In a few years from now, if I need a new lawnmower, I wont’ be able to buy one with a gas engine, which limits my choices and leaves me with either a manual push mower, an electric mower with a cord, or one that uses batteries. So, that limits me to something either manual or electric.

While I’m sure Colorado will eventually follow California (but hasn’t yet done so), in 2035-2040ish, if I want a new vehicle, I’ll be limited to an EV, because some Democrat decided that new ICE vehicles can’t be sold anymore because Climate Change.
So just as I said, you weren't limited. The person I was replying to said he was being limited by Democrats as what kind of fuel he can use. I will allow him to answer in what way he is being limited by Democrats, much less by someone who hasn't been the president in 8 years.

Old 06-18-2022, 07:49 PM

13,079 posts, read 7,554,563 times
^I wish I impose a restrictive choice on our condo's groundskeeper: Either stop the 8am work gas powered equipment or move to battery power equipment. But I am such a RINO, I will let them do what it takes to maximize their equipment's returns.
YMMV

Old 06-18-2022, 07:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by leastprime View Post
^I wish I impose a restrictive choice on our condo's groundskeeper: Either stop the 8am work gas powered equipment or move to battery power equipment. But I am such a RINO, I will let them do what it takes to maximize their equipment's returns.
YMMV
You should really just contact your city or state-level Democrat representatives about this, so that they can ban gas-powered lawn equipment for everyone, which would then force the groundskeeper to replace with battery-operated equipment that won’t hold a charge for a full days worth of work.

I still think Obama needs to not have those propane tanks installed, and instead accomplish whatever it is he’s trying to accomplish with electricity instead (even if that electricity comes from coal-fired plans or natural gas, lol).

Old 06-18-2022, 08:17 PM

13,079 posts, read 7,554,563 times
^ I m fairly against codes and restrictions, unless it protects health, welfare, and property. I think less of people when they try to restrict others method to make money unless it affects my health, wealth, and property.

I was exploring the use of propane many years ago to heat our family's Oregons coastal beach home rather than electricity (6-8¢ kwh, coop electricity from Bonneville Power). Just didn't pencil out. And the frequency of power outages in the coastal area, just doesn't happen very often. We get frequent power glitches here in East side Seattle more than the undeveloped coastal Oregon. Don't know why- Oregon's Coast is above ground transmission vs Seattle's underground grid works.

Opted to use high efficiency wood pellets. Sister now has ownership and she opted to install high efficiency wood. There's a lot of wood here.
For Cape Cod, with possible storms of all types, propane thermal and propane powered generator is a logical choice in the event of a electrical grid failure. isn't cape cod an island?
YMMV
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies