Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-18-2022, 08:41 AM

9,528 posts, read 4,353,259 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by atxcio View Post
I don’t know about that. Compared to Trump there is really no bigger grifter on the planet, I think. But keep worrying about 3 presidents ago, if it makes you feel better.
So, this thread is about Obama. Not sure how you missed that. Why are you bringing up Trump?
Fun fact: Projection, a debate tactic long embraced by liberals and other low-information folks, is transparent and doesn't make those who employ said technique appear to be terribly intelligent.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-18-2022, 09:22 AM

2,872 posts, read 1,152,696 times
This hypocrites' third term is an unmitigated disaster.
In other breaking news, Joe just fell off his bike.

Old 06-18-2022, 10:10 AM

5,956 posts, read 2,768,397 times
Reminds me when Obama built a giant wall, to fortify his 9 bedroom mansion in DC, while criticizing Trump for wanting to secure the southern border. Remember that doozy?

https://news.yahoo.com/president-oba...010216232.html

Old 06-18-2022, 10:27 AM

34,244 posts, read 18,607,948 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by atxcio View Post
I don’t know about that. Compared to Trump there is really no bigger grifter on the planet, I think. But keep worrying about 3 presidents ago, if it makes you feel better.
Trump made his money because he had a product people wanted for decades and still want. He earned his money in the private sector. Obama scammed his using identity politics and the government trough paid for by people's hard earned tax dollars. If there is a grifter it's Obama in every sense of the word. He's a liar and hypocrite like most Leftists.

Old 06-18-2022, 10:35 AM

14,507 posts, read 12,148,609 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
The hypocrisy is amazing. And that's one of the nicer terms I would use.

Gas For Me But Not For Thee: Obama To Install Massive Propane Tanks In New England Mansion

the office told TheDCNF, and have a total capacity approved of “2,500 gallons which was broken into two 1,000 gallon tanks and one 500 gallon tank.”
I love pointing out hypocrisy as much as anyone, but that's really not "massive". We have a 500 gallon tank here and we only have a propane fireplace we use for decorative ambiance and backup supplemental heat, and we go through at least a full tank over winter and sometimes have to re-fill.

If we had gas appliances, stove, heat, hot water, etc... we would easily go through 2500 gallons in a typical winter and being on an island, it may well be better for them to buy in volume. The capacity doesn't seem out of the range of normal American useage, and I don't think anyone is expecting the Obamas to be roughing it.

Old 06-18-2022, 10:49 AM

17,629 posts, read 17,710,905 times
Propane is better than natural gas in many ways, especially for cooking and heating. I’m not a fan of Obama but we don’t know what his home may already have for energy efficiency. Even if he has solar panels and an electric induction stove and a heat pump central heating system he may still have other things that make propane more efficient. For example, perhaps he has a propane tankless water heater and propane oven? Perhaps he has a heat pump system with a propane backup heat source should the outside air temperature become too cold for heat pumps to heat the home. Perhaps he has a propane fireplace to augment the home’s heating. Natural gas is good in price and having a constant supply piped into the home but if released can be considered a greenhouse gas and doesn’t burn as hot and clean as propane.

Old 06-18-2022, 10:54 AM

14,267 posts, read 6,966,396 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilot1 View Post
Trump made his money because he had a product people wanted for decades and still want. He earned his money in the private sector. Obama scammed his using identity politics and the government trough paid for by people's hard earned tax dollars. If there is a grifter it's Obama in every sense of the word. He's a liar and hypocrite like most Leftists.

Obama wrote books and gave speeches to make money. Just like most exPresidents before him.

Old 06-18-2022, 10:54 AM

22,665 posts, read 24,623,521 times
Skimpiness for thee peasants, but no way for me, signed; Barack, Ahlghore and every
rich, sheltered, gated-mansion Democrat out there.

Old 06-18-2022, 10:56 AM

1,213 posts, read 568,899 times
Hopefully there’ll be a leak when peckerhead is out back smoking one his Marlboro lights.

Old 06-18-2022, 01:21 PM

23,652 posts, read 14,019,839 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Variable View Post

Yes, something like that. A 500 gallon tank is what I have here on the ranch so for what he has, it doesn't sound like "massive" to me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies