Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-19-2022, 08:39 AM

18,256 posts, read 17,016,162 times

Advertisements

Solar doesn't work when it's cloudy. Duh!

Millions of ordinary Americans use propane. They have gas-burning generators in case of a power outage. This is a pathetic nothing story. If you want to attack Obama at least use something intelligent.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-19-2022, 08:42 AM

37,963 posts, read 17,958,636 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ansible90 View Post
So what is your suggestion for an "appropriate" way for an exPresident to earn a living?
Make an honest living without violating rights.

And I don't care what that scumbag or any of the rest of these bought and paid for scumbags do for a living, it just has to be honest.

Old 06-19-2022, 08:44 AM

37,963 posts, read 17,958,636 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thrillobyte View Post

Millions of ordinary Americans use propane. They have gas-burning generators in case of a power outage. This is a pathetic nothing story. If you want to attack Obama at least use something intelligent.
Agreed. It's a silly thing to mention. Both parties supporters have a plethora of people who don't get it. who don't know what's important.

Old 06-19-2022, 08:46 AM

14,267 posts, read 7,011,579 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loveshiscountry View Post
Make an honest living without violating rights.

And I don't care what that scumbag or any of the rest of these bought and paid for scumbags do for a living, it just has to be honest.
Then making money from writing books and giving speeches is ok with you? Good to know.

There seems to be some people on this thread who are resentful that an exPresident can make a lot of money, as if being President for 8 years isn't anything special.

Old 06-19-2022, 08:48 AM

13,851 posts, read 5,054,662 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ddeemo View Post
Maybe you should learn what energy independence means - according to the DOE Energy Information Administration - it is about exporting more energy than we import. So we were net exporters of oil in 2020 (and apparently 2021 also). Since we are net exporters of coal and natural gas, if we are net exporters of petroleum and petroleum products, then we are energy independent. In fact, because of the net exports of coal and natural gas, even if we are slight net importers of oil, we would still be energy independent, that was the case in 2019.

The US exports some crude that is a better fit for foreign refineries and imports some crude that is a better fit for US refineries. The US also has a large capacity to refine crude - so we import oil, refine it, and then export it as gasoline and diesel as well as importing refined product from other countries sometimes to reduce transport costs.
We are still energy dependent. Every month from Oct 2021 to March 2022 (last month stats were shown), the US exported more petroleum products than we imported.

https://www.eia.gov/dnav/pet/hist/Le...s=MTTNTUS2&f=M

Old 06-19-2022, 08:57 AM

13,851 posts, read 5,054,662 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTSilvertip View Post
https://www.google.com/amp/s/freebea...ously-not/amp/

Under President Trump we were producing nearly 13 million barrels of oil a day until the wuhan flu panicdemic.

Under China xoe production is barely 8 million.

How does that not lead to high gas prices when production is stopped?
You need glasses? The graph you shared clearly shows 11.9 million barrels being produced in the most recent month.

Old 06-19-2022, 08:58 AM

18,005 posts, read 15,697,505 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
The hypocrisy is amazing. And that's one of the nicer terms I would use.

Gas For Me But Not For Thee: Obama To Install Massive Propane Tanks In New England Mansion

Former President Barack Obama has ordered three massive propane tanks for his Martha’s Vineyard property as energy prices nationwide continue to surge.

The office of the select board of Edgartown, Massachusetts, told The Daily Caller News Foundation that an application for an “underground propane installment was approved at the 79 Turkeyland Cove Road address,” the location of a property owned by former President Barack Obama. The tanks are to be used for “residential purposes,” the office told TheDCNF, and have a total capacity approved of “2,500 gallons which was broken into two 1,000 gallon tanks and one 500 gallon tank.”

Obama has consistently argued for the importance of fighting climate change and limiting fossil fuel emissions, saying that “no challenge poses a greater threat to our children, our planet, and future generations than climate change” and pledging to reduce greenhouse gas emissions by 26-28% below 2005 levels by 2025.

Obama seems to be doing just fine during the recession.
Well, objectively speaking, 2500 gallons isn't "massive " I thought I was going to read about a bulk storage install. 25000 gallons. And LP/natural gas is actually not a bad thing for emissions. The main byproduct of combustion is water vapor followed by CO2.

Last I checked CO2 is needed for plants to produce oxygen. You wont hear me singing Obamas praises but this is a Twinky beef. 2500 gallons ain't squat. I've serviced palatial spreads up at Tahoe that have REAL bulk storage set ups. 15-20000 gallons.

These are the digs that have hydronic heating under their granite driveways heated swimming pools plus their appliances. Now if Obama was having underground fuel oil tanks put in then yeah. I'd feel safe pointing that out as hypocrisy at its finest.

Old 06-19-2022, 09:31 AM

88,930 posts, read 85,461,719 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thrillobyte View Post

Yes, where I stay in a rural area, propane is what is used for heat and to keep the whole-house generator running when the power goes out. These tanks aren't "massive". Don't you just love when people use hyperbolic words to try to make things seems more than they are?

A propane tank for a normal-sized house would be 500 to 1000 gallons. How is that suddenly "massive"? I'm guessing Obama's house is a bit larger than "normal".

Old 06-19-2022, 09:35 AM

364 posts, read 146,558 times
Lol are you all now realizing how they don't live like the rest of us ? Stop letting these idiots treat you like children while they do as they please...and freely.

Old 06-19-2022, 11:04 AM

8,413 posts, read 4,415,569 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
The hypocrisy is amazing. And that's one of the nicer terms I would use.

Obama seems to be doing just fine during the recession.

So are all rich. So why pick on Obama other than political hate. If you don't hate the conservative rich, then where is the hypocrisy?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies