Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-16-2022, 08:57 PM

45,646 posts, read 27,268,345 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
No but I think it is a good idea to explore other options.

I think solar panels as a sole source of energy in the north east would be ridiculous
That's not what the radical environmentalists and establishment say and push onto others.

Hypocrites. Obama isn't the only one. He is just the high profile example.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-16-2022, 09:22 PM

5,956 posts, read 2,891,485 times
Not a Obama fan here.As far as Solar on his home on the Islands.
Nantucket ,the Vineyard and Eastport Maine.have the least sunny days in New England.
I do wish he put in a wood furnace...thats a joke folks

Old 06-16-2022, 09:30 PM

2,912 posts, read 1,251,933 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trobesmom View Post
Yes, and all the wealthy are doing just fine as well.
Why the lame deflection?

Why is it IMPOSSIBLE for you to recognize the blatant hypocrisy of your leftist God Obama?

Old 06-16-2022, 09:39 PM

18,051 posts, read 27,503,944 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
You can do what you want. If you can make it work without putting anyone in direct danger, go for it.
It's the cheapest way to heat our home by far, is less work than stacking pine and hardwood against the house every winter or even putting in a pellet stove. We don't live in the mountains, so if they put a nG line and offer to convert from propane to that for 100 bucks per orifice, that seemed like the way to go.

Now, if you want me to jump on the Obama-hypocrisy bandwagon, we could do that.

I'm just looking forward to the day when we can Drill Baby Drill again.

And if we do and we find ourselves in an abundance of the stuff, then as the old saying goes, when it rains, it rains on a dog's ass too.

Old 06-16-2022, 10:09 PM

25,574 posts, read 56,529,756 times
Solar probably isn't practical in the NE, but geothermal certainly sounds environmentally friendly - can be used both to heat and cool

https://dandelionenergy.com/geotherm...king-questions

and, imo, would be much preferable to underground fuel tanks - no matter if oil or propane:

Martha's Vineyard Real Estate Insights

Back in the day, when I sold real estate, unused underground oil tanks were an abomination, had to be removed, plus any possible ground contamination. I would never have an underground fuel tank - ever.

Old 06-16-2022, 10:25 PM

13,078 posts, read 7,551,109 times
Driil rig utilization is near 100%. Recovering from a near all time low, in summer 2020 when the Tulsa tank farm was stuffed. (Google "drill rig"). A frack well can be production i 3-4 months. Drill rig has been steadily increasing.
https://www.aogr.com/web-exclusives/us-rig-count/2022 pick your year.
Alaskan and Gulf water drilling is expensive, high risk. Not gonna happen without government subsidy and relaxation of environmental concerns. I doubt, Florida is going to permit offshore exploration.
YOMV

Old 06-16-2022, 10:28 PM

2,942 posts, read 1,641,408 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
The hypocrisy is amazing. And that's one of the nicer terms I would use.

Gas For Me But Not For Thee: Obama To Install Massive Propane Tanks In New England Mansion

Former President Barack Obama has ordered three massive propane tanks for his Martha’s Vineyard property as energy prices nationwide continue to surge.

The office of the select board of Edgartown, Massachusetts, told The Daily Caller News Foundation that an application for an “underground propane installment was approved at the 79 Turkeyland Cove Road address,” the location of a property owned by former President Barack Obama. The tanks are to be used for “residential purposes,” the office told TheDCNF, and have a total capacity approved of “2,500 gallons which was broken into two 1,000 gallon tanks and one 500 gallon tank.”

Obama has consistently argued for the importance of fighting climate change and limiting fossil fuel emissions, saying that “no challenge poses a greater threat to our children, our planet, and future generations than climate change” and pledging to reduce greenhouse gas emissions by 26-28% below 2005 levels by 2025.

Obama seems to be doing just fine during the recession.
Poor and elderly people in trailers went cold this winter, because they couldn't afford the higher cost of propane to heat their full time RV living.

Old 06-16-2022, 10:29 PM

4,415 posts, read 1,715,094 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTSilvertip View Post
President Trump made us energy independent. He wasn't trying to shut off fossil fuel to undermine the economy and destroy the country.
What does that mean, “energy independent?”

Old 06-16-2022, 10:44 PM

30,902 posts, read 33,042,284 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eyebee Teepee View Post
as I said about my Google search....

I mean, what would you expect the propane.com folks to say? "We're worse than coal!!!1111!!"

I'm imagining the truth lies somewhere between "greatest energy since cow farts" and "kills climate on sight"
Well then why believe the solar people either? Why believe anybody?

You're believing who you want to believe... ...but that doesn't make all this pearl-clutching honest. Speaking of hypocrisy.

Old 06-16-2022, 10:46 PM

30,902 posts, read 33,042,284 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SilkHammer View Post
Why the lame deflection?

Why is it IMPOSSIBLE for you to recognize the blatant hypocrisy of your leftist God Obama?
We're not the ones who are compelled to watch his every move. (shrug)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies