Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-20-2022, 11:38 AM

23,764 posts, read 12,642,822 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oklazona Bound View Post
Trump was also accused of rape, so was Bill Clinton. So this Missouri candidate could be POTUS one day.
In those matters, was there outrage from the left and as loud and long for Clinton and Biden* as it was for Trump?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-20-2022, 11:38 AM

30,198 posts, read 11,850,700 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by berdee View Post
If you'd paid attention then you probably would have noticed it long ago.

I have been paying attention. Too many times people on the left and right excuse bad behavior by people they agree with ideologically. Its nice to see that sometimes there is actually a line they should not cross.

Old 06-20-2022, 11:43 AM

3,282 posts, read 1,762,686 times
Frankly anyone anywhere, either running for or currently in any public office calling for violence will not receive my support. Republican or Democrat, doesn't matter. Time to put the pin back in the grenade and calm down.

Old 06-20-2022, 11:45 AM

30,902 posts, read 33,039,040 times
Quote:
In those matters, was there outrage from the left and as loud and long for Clinton and Biden* as it was for Trump?
Why do you ask? Are you outraged about Trump?

Old 06-20-2022, 11:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oklazona Bound View Post
I have been paying attention. Too many times people on the left and right excuse bad behavior by people they agree with ideologically. Its nice to see that sometimes there is actually a line they should not cross.
Idk, many on the right didn't excuse the bad behavior from the rioters during the "fiery but peaceful" riots of 2020 and the riot on Jan 6. Many of those on the left excused or ignored, or applauded, the bad behavior of those rioters during 2020 but were loud about it with those on Jan 6.

Old 06-20-2022, 11:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerZ View Post
Why do you ask? Are you outraged about Trump?
No answer, just questions? Oh well, I guess everyone already knows the answer to my question, that it wasn't as loud or as long.

Trump does a lot of things that irk me, what in particular do you want to know about? (of course, if you want an answer then perhaps you should attempt to answer my question first)

Old 06-20-2022, 11:55 AM

30,902 posts, read 33,039,040 times
Quote:
No answer, just questions? Oh well, I guess everyone already knows the answer to my question, that it wasn't as loud or as long.

Trump does a lot of things that irk me, what in particular do you want to know about? (of course, if you want an answer then perhaps you should attempt to answer my question first)
I voted for Clinton but I, like the rest of the nation, was horrified that he lied about his dalliance with Monika Lewinski. He was impeached for it, for God's sake. For having sex with someone.

A few decades later and a different party and I guess he would have been celebrated as the "alpha male" he was for cheating on three wives? And there would be all this proud talk about what a real leader he was and how all the affairs proved he was so strong...ah well. Different times, I suppose.

Was I "outraged" by the rape allegations...I didn't see any proof. I don't know if any of these men raped anyone. I hate having to disbelieve until there is proof but when one is in power, people will make accusations. I don't KNOW about any of those accusations, not for any of the three of them.

And outraged is a weird word. When I hear an accusation I don't flip out and run around screaming and throwing things. So...no. Not outraged. Worried, wondering and seeking proof yea or nea...yes, it is a huge concern when anyone rapes anyone, he or she will do it again and has probably done it before, if he or she has gotten away with it. Once is too many. So...concerned and wanting to know...yes.

So. You weren't outraged? Or you were, or what?

Old 06-20-2022, 12:01 PM

6,089 posts, read 2,876,453 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerZ View Post
I voted for Clinton but I, like the rest of the nation, was horrified that he lied about his dalliance with Monika Lewinski. He was impeached for it, for God's sake. For having sex with someone.
President Clinton was impeached for lying, while under oath.

Old 06-20-2022, 12:04 PM

33,315 posts, read 12,580,881 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rjshae View Post
Banana Republican logic on full display.

Apparently a RINO is any Republican who doesn't support DJT.
Trump and trumpers are the RINOs.

Old 06-20-2022, 12:04 PM

1,744 posts, read 961,986 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scarabchuck View Post
Once again the GOP proves it would rather in fight than concentrate on winning the mid terms, the general, and putting this country back on path.

These upcoming elections will be the GOP's to lose, if they don't get their **** together.
It’s idiots like this guy that makes me disgusted with the Republican Party. He’s not some unknown fringe candidate that no one has ever heard of- he’s the former governor that resigned in disgrace, accused of spousal abuse. He’s also in the lead to win the Republican Primary.

That campaign ad was so over the top, so moronically juvenile, so violent in its imagery, that it would drive me to vote for the Democrat. And I despise the Democratic Party.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies