Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-24-2022, 08:29 AM

43,146 posts, read 18,306,779 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torn2pieces View Post
Today is an Awesome day. How many babies - will be saved. Praise Be God.
Abortion isn't banned. That authority now goes to the states.
The Biden administration is already working on how to address it for states that may ban abortion.
They are considering giving "birthing people" who want abortions travel/hotel money so they can go to a state that does abortions.

People are traveling today to states that allow late term abortions. I don't see that changing much.

Old 06-24-2022, 08:29 AM

1,866 posts, read 934,968 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scot892 View Post
This is one area where I disagree with the decision since it takes away our liberty to choose. This shouldn't be a government issue to decide what to do with an individual's life decision. It should be individual choice as long as the financial responsibility is taken by the individual.
Women already have the choice to use condoms & birth control pills.
Women also have the choice of understanding their own menstrual cycle & fertility windows so they can avoid getting pregnant.

It's not rocket science.
Any woman with an IQ above 80 can easily avoid getting pregnant and will never need to have an abortion.

Old 06-24-2022, 08:31 AM

30,183 posts, read 11,821,267 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AguaDulce View Post
Bad news for half of the already born and living population--women. The state owns your body now.
Depends what "state" you are in. They did not ban abortion. They just left it up to the states to decide.

Old 06-24-2022, 08:32 AM

5,946 posts, read 2,767,035 times
Good decision for States' rights.

Also good for our population demographics down the road. We have a real problem we're facing of population decline due to extremely low birth rates. This decision might even restore the nuclear family model, which will result in lower crime rates.

Old 06-24-2022, 08:32 AM

1,268 posts, read 563,159 times
Quote:
This is one area where I disagree with the decision since it takes away our liberty to choose. This shouldn't be a government issue to decide what to do with an individual's life decision. It should be individual choice as long as the financial responsibility is taken by the individual.
This returns your choice. Vote for state legislators who share your views and are accountable to the People, instead of relying on the courts.

Old 06-24-2022, 08:35 AM

30,183 posts, read 11,821,267 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DannyHobkins View Post
Good news for state rights, the Constitution and tens/hundreds of millions of unborn American babies.

Its not going to affect abortion numbers in a significant way. 85-90% of abortions will still happen. But this is only step one. Next step will be the push to get the majority in congress to ban all abortions. That is step two.

Old 06-24-2022, 08:36 AM

7,515 posts, read 5,758,525 times
This one statement is the foundation for the entire ruling which was absolutely correct

“The Constitution makes no reference to abortion, and no such right is implicitly protected by any constitutional provision, including the one on which the defenders of Roe and Casey now chiefly rely — the Due Process Clause of the Fourteenth Amendment,”

Old 06-24-2022, 08:36 AM

7,242 posts, read 4,556,554 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by notnamed View Post
Yeah the decision explicitly calls for reconsidering Griswold(contraceptives), Lawrence(sodomy laws), and Obergefell(same sex marriage). Inviting the government into all of our bedrooms.
Not at all. It only calls for the FEDERAL GOVERNMENT to stop being involved in all of our bedrooms.

Please stop misreporting things to advance you agenda.

Old 06-24-2022, 08:39 AM

25,776 posts, read 18,840,914 times
Quote:
You really don't understand what just happened. I suggest finding out. They did not "take away your right to choose." That will be left up to your state.

Old 06-24-2022, 08:40 AM

589 posts, read 300,404 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VikingsToValhalla View Post
Women already have the choice to use condoms & birth control pills.
Women also have the choice of understanding their own menstrual cycle & fertility windows so they can avoid getting pregnant.

It's not rocket science.
Any woman with an IQ above 80 can easily avoid getting pregnant and will never need to have an abortion.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TMSRetired View Post
Just fly to NY where you can get an abortion up to going into labor. No one is taking away your choice.
The point was that it's a government intrusion to our rights. It doesn't affect me since I will never have to make that decision for myself as a male, howerver, it affects me since it's a step from government taking away my rights. First this, what next?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies