Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-27-2022, 02:35 PM

14,267 posts, read 6,960,270 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AguaDulce View Post
Maybe not so much in their 40s and beyond, but definitely in their 20s and 30s. Not uncommon at all.
True. A lot of men remain teenagers well into adulthood.

Old 06-27-2022, 02:36 PM
Status: "I don't understand. But I don't care, so it works out." (set 10 days ago)

35,635 posts, read 17,982,736 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wapasha View Post
You didn't mention 12 weeks
You didn't ask.

I've posted innumerable times about the first trimester, although obviously I can't expect posters to remember that.

But since you didn't know, next time, ask?

Old 06-27-2022, 02:36 PM

37,223 posts, read 19,219,451 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraC View Post
There are women/girls who will want an abortion, but can't rally the resources to leave the state. Don't know anyone with a car. Can't patch together the money.

And now we're going to entrust them with a helpless baby.
The same people who would force a 15-year-old to have a baby are the ones who wouldn't trust a 20-year-old woman to adopt a child alone.

Old 06-27-2022, 02:37 PM

8,957 posts, read 2,560,296 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ansible90 View Post
If more of the Dems come out to vote rather than stay home, it certainly can swing elections, especially at the state level where not that many people usually vote.
It depends on what people are more motivated by, abortion.... or being able to afford to live after how badly Biden and Pelosi have screwed up the country the last few years.

I'm willing to bet that more people vote with their wallets.

Old 06-27-2022, 02:37 PM

7,293 posts, read 4,097,756 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AguaDulce View Post
I stand by my prediction--I think we are going to find out that some of these more moderate pro-lifers are going to change their position and become pro-choice once they see the implications and ramifications play out.
Quote:
You mean like people will see all the death, looting and arson, and give into the demands of the violent pro-choice mob?
No, I mean the implications and ramifications playing out when these laws are enforced. There will be many unintended consequences.

Old 06-27-2022, 02:38 PM

14,267 posts, read 6,960,270 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChicagoMeO View Post
What happens to the people who have scheduled an abortion a month or two in the future, and now they wont be able to have the baby aborted in their state because their state has made it illegal?
They are SOL. Time to find an out of state provider and make travel plans, I guess. Some of those trigger laws were immediate. They don't care that appointments have to be made in advance.

Old 06-27-2022, 02:40 PM

37,223 posts, read 19,219,451 times
Quote:
Only a tiny few extremists are even considering to "ban even birth control." Stop with the theatrics
Clarence Thomas is one of those extremists.

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2022-06-...tion/101183828

Old 06-27-2022, 02:46 PM

37,982 posts, read 22,163,168 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraC View Post
You didn't ask.

I've posted innumerable times about the first trimester, although obviously I can't expect posters to remember that.

But since you didn't know, next time, ask?
I was just responding to your post. You had no other posts on this page, you were not responding to anyone. so don't expect me to ask you to clarify, when you make such a comment.

You could have easily added two words, "first trimester," to provide a modicum of context.

Old 06-27-2022, 02:46 PM

9,913 posts, read 9,596,106 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trobesmom View Post
It's easy to say that it will need to be worked out when you're not the one affected.
That's true. however, the woman has to find hope and solutions. if we can, we could find a way to help women in trouble, no matter what trouble they are in, if we can. We may have to rethink a lot of things we are currently doing now.

its bad to be in a desperate situation because people WILL do things they swear they would not automatically do in better times.

Old 06-27-2022, 02:54 PM

7,826 posts, read 2,729,889 times
Quote:
It shows how uninformed many dems are. all this ruling did was return abortion to the states. You have dems in deep blue states, where I'm sure they will have the most liberal abortion laws in the world, and yet those idiot voters are going to burn. loot, murder, over this SCOTUS ruling.

Even dems in the news media are showing how uninformed they are, claiming abortion was a right.
Look I understand this is a very complex issue for both pro-life and pro-choice voters...it's very personal and it hits home with people on both sides. The only point I am making is that more people will be voting as a result of overturning Roe regardless of it's nuances. This has been a symbol of this country's culture wars for 50 years....if you think overturning something like Roe won't have an impact on the body politic then that is simply naive or wishful thinking. More polls will be keep coming out....pay attention.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.