Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-25-2022, 12:20 AM

33,315 posts, read 12,551,747 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellis Bell View Post
And you think that a person living with the knowing they killed their unborn child is a walk in the park? Maybe for some, but not for everyone. Don't pretend otherwise.

If I had died at birth, no I would not have known, but I do know, because I lived; I'm glad she didn't choose the coat hanger.
Fetus.

Old 06-25-2022, 12:21 AM

11,162 posts, read 7,644,241 times
Quote:
And people who are dead need neither --- is that the solution? Trust I'm all for this planet returning to a time before man. I"m sure it was peaceful. However, we are here and I fail to see where killing each other off is a productive use of our time.
A solution? So have you now changed your position that there is no problem? Great. Do you have any thoughts as to providing basic needs, such as adequate food, to these new unwanted poor babies, keeping in mind there are already 13 million poor children in this country for whom we are not currently providing adequate food?

No, I do not advocate "killing each other off". You seem to make a habit of asserting your opinion that abortion = murder as fact. So let me state clearly that I do not share your opinion.

Old 06-25-2022, 12:25 AM

15,754 posts, read 7,602,411 times
Quote:
Is it the tiny little person's fault? Adoption is always a solution to an unwanted pregnancy. I was given up. I'm glad she didn't choose the coat hanger.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RMESMH View Post
If the woman has been raped, the pregnancy isn't her fault.
So the child has to pay the price for something it didn't do, but because it was the result of a unfortunate incident. If for every problem we face in this world the solution is killing, who among us gets to live?

Old 06-25-2022, 12:26 AM

15,754 posts, read 7,602,411 times
Quote:
And people who are dead need neither --- is that the solution? Trust I'm all for this planet returning to a time before man. I"m sure it was peaceful. However, we are here and I fail to see where killing each other off is a productive use of our time.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Petunia 100 View Post
A solution? So have you now changed your position that there is no problem? Great. Do you have any thoughts as to providing basic needs, such as adequate food, to these new unwanted poor babies, keeping in mind there are already 13 million poor children in this country for whom we are not currently providing adequate food?

No, I do not advocate "killing each other off". You seem to make a habit of asserting your opinion that abortion = murder as fact. So let me state clearly that I do not share your opinion.
I don't share yours either, so now what?

Old 06-25-2022, 12:30 AM

11,162 posts, read 7,644,241 times
Quote:
I don't share yours either, so now what?
Discontinue asking me questions about abortion being murder? My answer is always going to be that abortion is not murder.

Old 06-25-2022, 12:32 AM

2,770 posts, read 2,606,257 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RMESMH View Post
Fetus.
https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/child

Definition of child
1a: a young person especially between infancy and puberty
a play for both children and adults
b: a person not yet of the age of majority (see MAJORITY sense 2a)
Under the law she is still a child.
c: a childlike or childish person

3a: an unborn or recently born person

Why are you speaking Latin?

27,582 posts, read 28,693,962 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerZ View Post
I'd love to hear from anyone who wants to reply to the topic. This is about children already born. Other off-topic ventures have been covered many times in other threads. Please see post #1 for my questions. Thanks!
I disagree with any state banning abortion outright. That seems extreme to me. I hope they will be prevented from doing that.

Banning abortion after 15 weeks is much more reasonable.

30,902 posts, read 33,021,357 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by erieguy View Post
Yet you’re dismissing responsibility and defending those that choose to dismiss it and make them the martyr for their poor decisions.
Reminder: here is the topic. It is about children that will be born, not embryos that will be aborted. Thanks!

In states that want to ban abortion entirely:

1. Who will pay for prenatal care if the mother can't afford it? (For example, Texas leads the nation in teen pregnancies.)

2. How will states deal with an increase in babies the parents can't afford? How will social programs to feed these babies be expanded?

3. Will state-funded DNA testing be automatically enacted to confirm paternity? How will paternity tests be bodily forced upon accused fathers?

4. Will stiffer penalties, including prison, be enforced against fathers who refuse to pay child support? Will the mothers be represented pro bono if they can't afford attorneys to ensure this happens?

5. Will rape charges be brought by the state if the girl is underage and the man isn't?

Old 06-25-2022, 12:33 AM

33,315 posts, read 12,551,747 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdaelectro View Post
Is that a Yes or a No to the question: Is morality subjective?
It's not that type of question.

A simple yes or no doesn't do it justice. It's a philosophical question.

Old 06-25-2022, 12:33 AM

14,267 posts, read 6,964,408 times
Quote:
One more time ---- the u.s. has a TFR of 1.64, everyone is going to manage just fine.
Nobody knows what you are talking about. What is TFR?

How does that relate to how to care for the extra children born in states that ban or severely limit abortion.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies