Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-25-2022, 10:31 AM

7,977 posts, read 4,990,828 times

Advertisements

Imagine how its going to be with Roe V. Wade overturned. Republicans seem to forget this little nugget of information. You just multiplied the # of moochers to ridiculous levels that can't afford all these kids. Get ready for your tax dollars to go through the roof even more with more kiddy caretaking with multiples more having kids they can’t afford

Last edited by DorianRo; 06-25-2022 at 11:22 AM..

Old 06-25-2022, 10:57 AM

37,138 posts, read 42,234,436 times
This isn't the original, clever retort you seem to think it is

Old 06-25-2022, 11:18 AM

29,833 posts, read 24,922,073 times
I don't give a rat's tail about that. Great civilizations rise and fall. Great societies come and go. We are all living and making history everyday and deciding for ourselves collectively what kind of nation we would like to be. Abortion is not going to make or break our country.

When it comes to abortion, I never really thought much about it because I thought it was already settled. Apparently, that has all changed and I am forced to think about this issue. The only thing I can say at this point is, both sides have valid points. But, ethically and morally, I think it's hard to defend the killing of an unborn baby if you believe life starts in the womb. Has science ever determined definitively when life starts?

Old 06-25-2022, 11:20 AM

6,993 posts, read 2,713,357 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DorianRo View Post
Imagine how its going to be with Roe V. Wade overturned. Republicans seem to forget this little nugget of information. You just multiplied the # of moochers to ridiculous levels that can't afford all these kids. Get ready for your tax dollars to go through the roof even more with more kiddy caretaking
THEY will be getting the support instead of the illegals that the Democrats allowed to invade our cities. Hopefully the illegals will self-deport.

Old 06-25-2022, 11:21 AM

21,952 posts, read 9,517,840 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by andywire View Post
I don't give a rat's tail about that. Great civilizations rise and fall. Great societies come and go. We are all living and making history everyday and deciding for ourselves collectively what kind of nation we would like to be. Abortion is not going to make or break our country.

When it comes to abortion, I never really thought much about it because I thought it was already settled. Apparently, that has all changed and I am forced to think about this issue. The only thing I can say at this point is, both sides have valid points. But, ethically and morally, I think it's hard to defend the killing of an unborn baby if you believe life starts in the womb.
I didn't think much about it either. I did a few dumb things along the way but was never pregnant. I didn't go without birth control more than maybe twice. Once because the guy pulled off the condom and the other because I was stupid and the guy said he would pull out.

THEN, when I got pregnant and tracked my baby's development week by week, it forced me to think about it. I have been prochoice but thinking about what actually happened moved me in terms of WHEN I think it should be allowed. I, like MOST of the country, only support abortion in the first trimester.

Old 06-25-2022, 11:24 AM

24,502 posts, read 17,250,696 times
There are consequences to every decision that is made but having to take care of a few more kids that the Republicans are being blamed for bringing into this world is a drop in the bucket compared to the BILLIONS of Dollars that the Democrats are spending on their Illegal Alien hobby.

Old 06-25-2022, 11:25 AM

8,419 posts, read 4,580,400 times
I don't think abortion as a solution to social problems is a good argument. Rethink what you are saying, instead of dealing with each individual problem we just kill the results.

Old 06-25-2022, 11:27 AM

3,500 posts, read 2,789,933 times
Quote:
Imagine how its going to be with Roe V. Wade overturned. Republicans seem to forget this little nugget of information. You just multiplied the # of moochers to ridiculous levels that can't afford all these kids. Get ready for your tax dollars to go through the roof even more with more kiddy caretaking with multiples more having kids they can’t afford
So true! All of what it you said. Sometimes I can't believe how stupid Conservatives can be.

Old 06-25-2022, 11:30 AM

8,419 posts, read 4,580,400 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gordo View Post
So true! All of what it you said. Sometimes I can't believe how stupid Conservatives can be.

As a conservative I appreciate your sudden concern over my taxes.

Old 06-25-2022, 11:40 AM

18,741 posts, read 7,620,616 times
Quote:
Imagine how its going to be with Roe V. Wade overturned. Republicans seem to forget this little nugget of information. You just multiplied the # of moochers to ridiculous levels that can't afford all these kids.
And the reason this is government's problem is.....??
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies