Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do women need to take more responsiblity for their sexual health?
Yes 192 75.29%
No 59 23.14%
Not Sure 4 1.57%
Voters: 255. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-26-2022, 12:25 PM

10,235 posts, read 6,324,092 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
https://www.condom-sizes.org/sexual-...ragm-need-know - Medically Reviewed by Dr. Anique Ali

That has been my experience using a diaphragm for decades, as well.
I used the diaphragm for about 6 months (Pill before) after my husband's vasectomy; when his sperm count came down to zero, and for about 3 months afterwards. Should we have been using a condom in addition?

If you used it, you should know that it has to be fitted by a doctor. Not one size fits all. A spermicide needs to be used inside the dome. The "rubber" of the dome is more like a household glove than a condom. Thicker and less flexible than a condom. It also has to stay in place for 6 hours after intercourse. Even sperm has a finite lifetime. 6 hours? The dome of the diaphragm has to be filled with water periodically to check for leaks.

I am an only child by choice born in 1948. Discussed BC with my Mom She ONLY used a diaphragm from the time I was born until menopause. No miscarriages, or unplanned pregnancies, or abortions. I even asked her if my Dad used condoms and she said NO. WHAT LUCK!!!!! My Dad was a very irresponsible man, far beyond using BC.

FYI, it was not easy for my husband to get a vasectomy, even though we were 35 years old, married 10 years, with 2 children. I had go in with him, listen to a lecture, and give MY PERMISSION. HIS Body, HIS Choice.

Old 08-26-2022, 12:52 PM

62,974 posts, read 29,162,429 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by normstad View Post
Yet there are some States where even if the woman says no, and is raped, she still can't get an abortion.

Care to tell us if you support that?
No, I don't support that but it's not my decision to make it's up to the individual states. If a woman finds herself in the predicament she can always travel to the nearest state that allows abortion under those circumstances.

Old 08-26-2022, 12:56 PM

62,974 posts, read 29,162,429 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jo48 View Post
I used the diaphragm for about 6 months (Pill before) after my husband's vasectomy; when his sperm count came down to zero, and for about 3 months afterwards. Should we have been using a condom in addition?

If you used it, you should know that it has to be fitted by a doctor. Not one size fits all. A spermicide needs to be used inside the dome. The "rubber" of the dome is more like a household glove than a condom. Thicker and less flexible than a condom. It also has to stay in place for 6 hours after intercourse. Even sperm has a finite lifetime. 6 hours? The dome of the diaphragm has to be filled with water periodically to check for leaks.

I am an only child by choice born in 1948. Discussed BC with my Mom She ONLY used a diaphragm from the time I was born until menopause. No miscarriages, or unplanned pregnancies, or abortions. I even asked her if my Dad used condoms and she said NO. WHAT LUCK!!!!! My Dad was a very irresponsible man, far beyond using BC.

FYI, it was not easy for my husband to get a vasectomy, even though we were 35 years old, married 10 years, with 2 children. I had go in with him, listen to a lecture, and give MY PERMISSION. HIS Body, HIS Choice.
A married couple should agree on a vasectomy or a tubal ligation and whether or not they want any more children before going through those procedures.

Old 08-26-2022, 12:58 PM

2,547 posts, read 2,738,429 times
When you are in the heat of the moment all logic and common sense goes out the door.

Old 08-26-2022, 01:02 PM

37,110 posts, read 41,284,508 times
Quote:
It's a rare Asian delicacy. The eggs we buy at the grocery or you can order at IHOP, Denny's, etc., are unfertilized eggs.

It's not meaningless. If a woman doesn't want to get pregnant, WHY is she willingly having unprotected sex??? That's just ASKING to get pregnant. Not using birth control has an 85% failure rate at preventing pregnancy.

The rim encircles the cervix, it's not just located behind the cervix.
Exactly, which is why men don't feel it when a woman uses a diaphragm. It blocks entry to the cervix and men don't penetrate the cervix during sex.
I have gotten grocery store eggs that have an embryo attached to the yolk.

Why is her partner not willingly using a condom?

The rim of a cervical cap encircles the cervix. A diaphragm does not. Part of the rim is all the way toward the vaginal opening, held in place by the back of the pubic bone. You clearly do not understand the difference between a cervical cap and a diaphragm.

Old 08-26-2022, 01:04 PM

21,382 posts, read 7,952,008 times
Quote:
People are not "pro-abortion". People are pro-choice.
You cannot be pro choice unless you support abortion.

I don't know anyone who says: I am against abortion. it's abhorrent. But I'm OK with other people doing it. Name another instance of unprovoked violence that YOU SUPPORT but would not do yourself.

Are you OK with someone bearing the tar out of an elderly woman? Just wouldn't do it yourself?

Are you OK with rape? Just wouldn't do it yourself?

Are you OK if someone sees a toddler on the street and runs him over with their car? Just wouldn't do that yourself?

Need more examples of unprovoked violence?

To say you are pro choice means you absolutely, 100% support ABORTION. That is ALL it means. Since everyone else is also OK with motherhood, abstinence, BC, and adoption.

It's a way for people to feel better about themselves. They pretend that they are BETTER than those who say without blinking an eye "I'm pro abortion and PROUD OF IT." So they say, no I'm not pro abortion, I'm pro choice.

Old 08-26-2022, 01:09 PM

89,059 posts, read 44,853,831 times
Quote:
People are not "pro-abortion". People are pro-choice.
That's pure BS and everyone knows it. The growing and developing baby doesn't have "a choice" of whether or not to be killed just because its mother deems it to be an inconvenience. You're fooling no one, except maybe yourself.

Old 08-26-2022, 01:12 PM

21,382 posts, read 7,952,008 times
Quote:
That's pure BS and everyone knows it. The growing and developing baby doesn't have "a choice" of whether or not to be killed just because its mother deems it to be an inconvenience. You're fooling no one, except maybe yourself.
Pro choice by definition is pro abortion.

Otherwise everyone would be pro life.

Old 08-26-2022, 01:19 PM

89,059 posts, read 44,853,831 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by suzy_q2010 View Post
I have gotten grocery store eggs that have an embryo attached to the yolk.
They don't deliberately sell them that way. Almost all grocery store eggs you buy by the dozen are unfertilized.

Quote:
Why is her partner not willingly using a condom?
Who knows? But if he won't, and she's not using birth control, having sex with him anyway is just ASKING to get pregnant. 85% failure rate in preventing pregnancy, remember?

Quote:
The rim of a cervical cap encircles the cervix. A diaphragm does not.
Yes, it does. Honestly, you seem to be clueless. And your username implies you're a woman.

Diagram: Inserted Diaphragm

Old 08-26-2022, 01:30 PM

10,800 posts, read 3,597,574 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newtovenice View Post
You cannot be pro choice unless you support abortion.

I don't know anyone who says: I am against abortion. it's abhorrent. But I'm OK with other people doing it. Name another instance of unprovoked violence that YOU SUPPORT but would not do yourself.

Are you OK with someone bearing the tar out of an elderly woman? Just wouldn't do it yourself?

Are you OK with rape? Just wouldn't do it yourself?

Are you OK if someone sees a toddler on the street and runs him over with their car? Just wouldn't do that yourself?

Need more examples of unprovoked violence?

To say you are pro choice means you absolutely, 100% support ABORTION. That is ALL it means. Since everyone else is also OK with motherhood, abstinence, BC, and adoption.

It's a way for people to feel better about themselves. They pretend that they are BETTER than those who say without blinking an eye "I'm pro abortion and PROUD OF IT." So they say, no I'm not pro abortion, I'm pro choice.
Quote:
My preference is that no woman would want or need an abortion.

However, it is not up to me or anyone else to say what happens to her body. Her body, her choice. That's a simple concept, right?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies