Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do women need to take more responsiblity for their sexual health?
Yes 192 75.29%
No 59 23.14%
Not Sure 4 1.57%
Voters: 255. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-30-2022, 01:53 PM

204 posts, read 111,918 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
Because she ultimately has the choice to participate in unprotected sex or not (in consensual sex, obviously). She can just say no, or make sure she consistently uses birth control to protect herself. Plain and simple.

Voluntarily participating in unprotected sex INVITES the possibility of pregnancy whether wanted or not.
so can he if he doesn't want to be a father.both can say no thats why a conversation prior is important,get on the same page

Old 06-30-2022, 01:55 PM

89,061 posts, read 44,866,510 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by erieguy View Post
I already know the answer as I’ve experienced it, and I got a vasectomy and my wife had tubal ligation, and there’s no comparison with using a condom and not using a condom, which a big reason men and women don’t like to use them.

When it breaks there’s no squishy feeling which is what I said. Falling off is a different story, however, there’s still a big difference in how it feels without a condom.
As a woman, I agree, there's a HUGE difference between how sex with or without a condom feels for both. But I suspect that's dependent on how sensitive some women are. It sounds like some of the women in this thread are kind of numb and can't feel the difference. We're all different. C'est la vie.

Old 06-30-2022, 01:56 PM

41,016 posts, read 18,224,042 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerZ View Post
Yes, you say that, and then you whine over and over, "but how come everybody blames the man?"

You're not making sense. I was answering your repeated "how come everybody blames the man?" insistence. Well, how come everybody "blames" the woman? Because she could have prevented it. And it is the same for the man and his "blame."

How this is difficult to understand is beyond me.
Actually, I think it’s funny how everyone blames the man, especially since the man can’t get pregnant, and women are still having sex with men that don’t use birth control and then cry about unwanted pregnancy.

I never asked why everyone blames the man. Blaming the man is simply in so many posts.

Yep, both should be responsible, but when that doesn’t happen, only the woman can pregnant and they’re often left holding the bag.

Old 06-30-2022, 01:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rugratnyc View Post
so can he if he doesn't want to be a father.both can say no thats why a conversation prior is important,get on the same page
He doesn't have to get an abortion to terminate an unwanted pregnancy. She does. BIG difference.

Old 06-30-2022, 02:00 PM

204 posts, read 111,918 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
He doesn't have to get an abortion to terminate an unwanted pregnancy. She does. BIG difference.
took both of them to create the child.if he said no an abortion wouldn't even be on the table,a big difference

Old 06-30-2022, 02:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by erieguy View Post
Actually, I think it’s funny how everyone blames the man, especially since the man can’t get pregnant, and women are still having sex with men that don’t use birth control and then cry about unwanted pregnancy.

I never asked why everyone blames the man. Blaming the man is simply in so many posts.

Yep, both should be responsible, but when that doesn’t happen, only the woman can get pregnant and they’re often left holding the bag.
Ding! Ding! Ding! Identified the problem with the stompy, stompy "but what about men?!?" whiny temper tantrums, right there.

Old 06-30-2022, 02:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rugratnyc View Post
took both of them to create the child.if he said no an abortion wouldn't even be on the table,a big difference
WHY would any woman VOLUNTARILY submit herself to an unwanted pregnancy? That's just stupid. Sorry to be so blunt about it.

Old 06-30-2022, 02:05 PM

43,137 posts, read 18,298,681 times
It takes a sperm and an egg to make a baby. Both are equally responsible for making sure "nothing happens".

Just stop with the "he did it" "no she did it" schoolyard bickering.

Old 06-30-2022, 02:49 PM

30,268 posts, read 23,751,941 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraC View Post
I knew you couldn't do it.

You just can't do it.

We're talking cardinals, so you could see this issue more clearly, and not through the lens of a person who dislikes human females.
Couldn't do what? You blabbered on about cardinals. That does not make it "more clear" because we. aren't. birds!

Old 06-30-2022, 02:51 PM

306 posts, read 531,218 times
Its just so crazy easy to get pregnant, especially when one is young, healthy, and sexually active. It only takes one fleeting moment for it to happen.

I got pregnant at 20. I had a serious boyfriend I was living with. We had gone to visit his sister that day and I was taken in by her adorable 2 year old. That night we got home and I said "Why don't you get me pregnant?"

My boyfriend said "Are you sure? I know my sister's kid was really cute and adorable but are you sure that's what you want?"

I said "Yes."

We baby danced.

The next day, my hormonal daze cleared. I realized I made a mistake. I was sitting in my college classes, thinking "Do I really want to give up my future, drop out of college, raise a baby, being financially unstable? " Etc.

I called my boyfriend and said, "I am getting the plan B pill."

I got it and took it.

A couple weeks later found out I am pregnant. Called my mom, sister. They all urged me to abort. I trusted their advice though my hormones were raging telling me to keep my baby. My sister told me she thinks the bodies hormones do this. Its nature. But we must take mind over matter and make a more conscious choice, rather than go off instinct.

I called for the appointment, though I was sobbing so hard I could barely speak. The girl on the line didn't take notice. I suspect they are used to people very emotional during that process.

That was about 20 years ago. If I could go back in time, I wouldn't have made a different choice. I did what was the best thing to do under the circumstances. Though it was hard. I am sorry for my unborn child. Perhaps it was selfish of me to put my own needs and wants before theirs, and trust me I have felt guilt and shame. But at the end of the day I still believe I made the best choice.

I was shocked how easy it was to get pregnant.

That's how mistakes happen. Our bodies were designed to do this. Nature is powerful.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies