Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do women need to take more responsiblity for their sexual health?
Yes 192 75.29%
No 59 23.14%
Not Sure 4 1.57%
Voters: 255. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-23-2022, 08:47 PM

13,429 posts, read 9,960,461 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by newtovenice View Post
Explain why women EXCUSE other women from using BC, but not men.

It's unclear to me how you are missing that point.
I'm not missing that point, I don't agree that's what's happening.

That's your framing of the situation.

You state something as if it's fact and then ask me to explain your assertion.

Yeah, nah. Sorry.

Old 08-23-2022, 08:52 PM

4,386 posts, read 4,239,868 times
This brings up the interpretation of the OP, which is:

Quote:
Do women need to take more responsibility for their sexual health?
Should it be

Quote:
Do women need to take more responsibility for their sexual health than they currently do ?
or should it be

Quote:
Do women need to take more responsibility than men do for their sexual health?
?

It could mean both and may even have more interpretations.

Old 08-23-2022, 09:11 PM

30,976 posts, read 21,655,075 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FinsterRufus View Post
Why do women need to INSIST men use birth control?

Can't men figure out how to use a condom without a woman having to nag him about it?

Gawd not only are women responsible for their own birth control they're responsible for him using his as well. Is that what we mean by "more" responsible?
Why do people question and worry so much about the sex lives of other people, unless you're having sex with one of them?

Old 08-24-2022, 06:06 AM

21,382 posts, read 7,954,715 times
Quote:
I'm not missing that point, I don't agree that's what's happening.

That's your framing of the situation.

You state something as if it's fact and then ask me to explain your assertion.

Yeah, nah. Sorry.
I'm not framing anything.

It's what posters in this thread have said. They excuse women from not using BC, but not men.

/shrug/

Old 08-24-2022, 06:10 AM

21,382 posts, read 7,954,715 times
Quote:

Can't men figure out how to use a condom without a woman having to nag him about it?

Gawd not only are women responsible for their own birth control they're responsible for him using his as well. Is that what we mean by "more" responsible?
If a man won't use it, then walk away. Find a guy who will use a condom. No need to argue at all. No need to nag ever.

Throw a rock and you can find someone to hook up with. Not that difficult, if that's your thing.

Old 08-24-2022, 08:01 AM

62,993 posts, read 29,170,163 times
Quote:

Why shouldn't they since they are the ones who will get pregnant?

As I said, many men also ask women if they are on the pill because they don't want the woman to get pregnant either. So what's the difference?

Last edited by Oldglory; 08-24-2022 at 08:17 AM..

Old 08-24-2022, 08:56 AM

37,119 posts, read 41,292,919 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
Let me break it down for everyone... Guttmacher states that 75% of women getting abortions are at 200% poverty level or below and 25% are anything above that.

https://www.guttmacher.org/infograph...and-low-income

Brookings Institution (left-wing) has published the statistics for abortion rates by income level, in the event of an unintended pregnancy:

Abortion Rates by Income Level, Unintended Pregnancies

Poverty Level: 8.6%
100%-200%: 7.8%
200%-300%: 16.2%
300%-400%: 8.0%
Over 400%: 31.9%

Figure 4, here: https://www.brookings.edu/wp-content..._pregnancy.pdf

Being generous, I assigned a 10% abortion rate for the 75% at 200% poverty level and below, and the highest 31.9% for the 25% who were above 200% poverty level.

You can see from the math I've already done that this makes the total abortion rate for unintended pregnancies just 15.475% at the most, NOT the 42% Guttmacher claims. At least 84.525% of women with unintended pregnancies DON'T abort them. Abortion just isn't as popular as some organizations have tried to make us believe. The vast majority of women, 84.5% or more, simply aren't so depraved and lacking in ethics that they'd kill a growing developing baby just for the sake of their own convenience.
My math is not the problem. You are fixated on percentages, and no matter how you try to manipulate the percents, three quarters of the women who actually seek abortions are poor.

Unintended pregnancies are not the same as unwanted pregnancies.

Old 08-24-2022, 09:02 AM

89,060 posts, read 44,877,895 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by suzy_q2010 View Post
My math is not the problem. You are fixated on percentages, and no matter how you try to manipulate the percents, three quarters of the women who actually seek abortions are poor.
About that 75%... Less than 9% of poor women abort unintended pregnancies. Less than 9%. The TRUTH is that the vast majority of women simply aren't so depraved and lacking in ethics that they'd kill a growing developing baby just for the sake of their own convenience, despite several organizations deceiving the public trying to convince them otherwise. Killing babies isn't as popular as the pro-abortion cult wants everyone to believe.

Old 08-24-2022, 09:12 AM

37,119 posts, read 41,292,919 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
About that 75%... Less than 9% of poor women abort unintended pregnancies. Less than 9%. The TRUTH is that the vast majority of women simply aren't so depraved and lacking in ethics that they'd kill a growing developing baby just for the sake of their own convenience, despite several organizations deceiving the public trying to convince them otherwise. Killing babies isn't as popular as the pro-abortion cult wants everyone to believe.
The less than 9% are the 75% who actually seek abortion.

Old 08-24-2022, 09:14 AM

89,060 posts, read 44,877,895 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by suzy_q2010 View Post
The less than 9% are the 75% who actually seek abortion.
Again, LESS THAN 9% abort unintended pregnancies. Less than 9%. The TRUTH is that the vast majority of women simply aren't so depraved and lacking in ethics that they'd kill a growing developing baby just for the sake of their own convenience, despite several organizations deceiving the public trying to convince them otherwise. Killing babies isn't as popular as the pro-abortion cult wants everyone to believe.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies