Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do women need to take more responsiblity for their sexual health?
Yes 192 75.29%
No 59 23.14%
Not Sure 4 1.57%
Voters: 255. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-22-2022, 03:58 PM

13,425 posts, read 9,957,883 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by kj1065 View Post
I think we're safe after tubal ligation and/or vasectomy. Most certainly after hysterectomy.
Of course! I would certainly hope so.

Just pointing out that the only surefire way (apart from surgical intervention) is for men to share the burden of BC each and every time, all way up to past menopause, just like women have to, if we’re discussing responsibility.

I’m sure all the responsible men on this thread already do that. Yanno, just to be safe. Because they’re very very responsible, just like the women in their lives who use BC for 40 years or so.

Right men?

Old 08-22-2022, 04:05 PM

3,048 posts, read 1,153,249 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by suzy_q2010 View Post
Both of the former have failure rates, though small. Tubal ligation a bit under 2% at ten years, vasectomy less than 1%.

Pregnancies have happened even after hysterectomy: conception occurred just before the surgery and the fertilized egg had not left the tube and grew there. Or, the incision at the top of the vagina did not completely close, leaving a pathway for sperm to reach an egg, resulting in an abdominal pregnancy.

Mother Nature will try to find a way.

[URL]https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5885999/[/URL]
I acknowledge the tiny possibility of pregnancy after sterilization surgery, but the failure rate is not so high that a couple would need to use a condom until the woman is looking at 60!

Old 08-22-2022, 04:26 PM

Quote:
I acknowledge the tiny possibility of pregnancy after sterilization surgery, but the failure rate is not so high that a couple would need to use a condom until the woman is looking at 60!
Agreed, but we’re in a thread asking if women should take “more responsibility” for their sexual health.

Perhaps a hysterectomy is not enough “more” for these people.

Women should take MORE AND MORE responsibility, apparently.

Meanwhile, the most effective “responsibility” is if both participants use BC. (Assuming no surgical intervention has taken place).

Therefore, I ask why aren’t men taking MORE responsibility? And why don’t they take that responsibility into marriage, and up to unmistakable menopause? Because pregnancy at a later age is no joke and can be complicated for both mother and baby.

If men were to take “more” responsibility, and backed up the woman’s method with a condom, there would be a lot less unintended consequences.

Be interested to see how many men here wear a condom every time, and have for the majority of their lives.

Old 08-22-2022, 04:27 PM

21,382 posts, read 7,952,008 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FinsterRufus View Post
Oh I made that point way back in this thread. (You may have missed it, it appears you were absent for a while). Men need to wear condoms every time, including in a LTR, up until their wife/partner is around 58 (excepting when trying for a baby of course) as two forms of birth control is the only sure fire way to prevent pregnancy.

Glad you agree!
I've never said otherwise.

In fact, I've never seen ANY poster on ANY abortion/relationship C-D thread say that it's excusable for men not to wear condoms.

However, I have seen an incredible number of posts and posters throwing every possible excuse against the wall as to why women are excused from using BC. Because fill in the blank with [reason 432,967]. It's quite stunning actually.

Odd abortion double standard, I guess. /shrug/

Old 08-22-2022, 04:28 PM

3,048 posts, read 1,153,249 times
Quote:
Agreed, but we’re in a thread asking if women should take “more responsibility” for their sexual health.

Perhaps a hysterectomy is not enough “more” for these people.

Women should take MORE AND MORE responsibility, apparently.

Meanwhile, the most effective “responsibility” is if both participants use BC. (Assuming no surgical intervention has taken place).

Therefore, I ask why aren’t men taking MORE responsibility? And why don’t they take that responsibility into marriage, and up to unmistakable menopause? Because pregnancy at a later age is no joke and can be complicated for both mother and baby.

If men were to take “more” responsibility, and backed up the woman’s method with a condom, there would be a lot less unintended consequences.

Be interested to see how many men here wear a condom every time, and have for the majority of their lives.
Not many, I'm sure.

Old 08-22-2022, 04:28 PM

41,016 posts, read 18,218,646 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newtovenice View Post

In fact, I've never seen ANY poster on ANY abortion/relationship C-D thread say that it's excusable for men not to wear condoms.

However, I have seen an incredible number of posts and posters throwing every possible excuse against the wall as to why women are excused from using BC. Because fill in the blank with [reason 432,967]. It's quite stunning actually.

Bingo

Old 08-22-2022, 04:33 PM

1,927 posts, read 558,633 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2mares View Post
Who has been killed? Can you name one. Did you know when they died. Did you attend the funeral?
Are you actually pretending not to know what abortion does?

Old 08-22-2022, 04:36 PM

1,927 posts, read 558,633 times
Quote:
Did I not just write that I raised a daughter and son to understand their role in preventing unwanted pregnancy? I even went with my daughter to her appointment for her IUD (for support because the procedure made her nervous). My husband made sure our son went to college with enough condoms to outfit his entire dorm. What is lame about that? Asking as a pro-choice woman.
Has either of them had or caused an unintended pregnancy/abortion?,,,,,, No? Good job teaching responsibility!

Old 08-22-2022, 04:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by newtovenice View Post

I’ve never seen anyone insist they do, either. Like for the entirety of their sexual lives, until their partner reaches menopause.

Because excluding surgical intervention, that’s the only surefire way for both parties to responsibly prevent unwanted pregnancy.

At some point, women on BC can’t be “more” responsible than they already are, and that burden also falls on the person who provides the sperm in the scenario.

Old 08-22-2022, 05:04 PM

41,016 posts, read 18,218,646 times
Quote:
I’ve never seen anyone insist they do, either. Like for the entirety of their sexual lives, until their partner reaches menopause.

Because excluding surgical intervention, that’s the only surefire way for both parties to responsibly prevent unwanted pregnancy.

At some point, women on BC can’t be “more” responsible than they already are, and that burden also falls on the person who provides the sperm in the scenario.
Actually, they can be more responsible by insisting that who they have sex with also uses birth control. After all, the man that provides the sperm can’t get pregnant, and may not stay in the scenario.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies