Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-02-2022, 11:45 AM

33,329 posts, read 12,634,208 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
83 % of the population live in urban areas.

Some people aren't practicing what they are preaching.

Old 07-02-2022, 11:46 AM

11,849 posts, read 6,193,941 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Front line View Post
Hello fellow westcoaster. Yeah the haters will always come up with some negative material about CA, even to the point of fabricating them, on a wide range of topics... it's comical because that shows us where we rank on the outer staters' minds. Despite all the annecdotal b.s many write, CA is doing much better than the rest. It's not as racists or as dangerous or full of negativity that many from out of state would like everyone else to believe. It does cost alot, that's forsure though.
Somebody please remind me how much Federal Covid bailout money California received.

Oh yeah, $150 billion.

That is as much as the annual California budget.

Old 07-02-2022, 11:48 AM

8,518 posts, read 3,772,965 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzy jeff View Post
That represents the majority of America. Most people lean right on economical issues and left on social/cultural issues. What percentage of this country are socially conservative? No more then a third?
A third is a huge number of people. Those people have immense power . I'd love to be 33.3 percent. You can get things done. Unless you fumble and elect a clown.

Old 07-02-2022, 11:53 AM

26,021 posts, read 13,015,619 times
Quote:
Always found it funny that the right try to call the left stupid these days. It's the inferior complex they inherit that causes them to do this, for example the red states always get pounced about low IQ and education levels. They get offended and try to use that same sentiment againsts the left, yet they're still losing. It's like Hillary calling them deplorables so now they call the left deplorables.
They are in denial that the Left is winning. They under-estimate the Left's determination & cunning. They run circles around the politicians on the Right. Mitch zinged them on the Federal Judges, but besides that, I can't think of any wins for team Red aside from the SCOTUS. Trump not getting removed from office might be called a win I suppose.

Manchin & Sinema saved the hapless Republicans from a lot more leftist damage, so I'm not calling any of that a win for team Red.

I know the end of America as we know it is not far off, but I dont know what it will look like afterwards...our next stop is likely an Oligarchy.

Splitting into 2 countries is a possibility, & one that I like, but I don't see it happening. Too many people would have to move.

November 8th will bring back some balance & sanity, but the Pubs will likely disappoint yet again because they are closer to the Libs than they are to American citizens. The top 1% keeps marching Left and are pulling us all along behind them. Conservatism is dead, Libertarians can't win any meaningful elections.

This 1 chart, that I've posted ad nauseum, tells the whole story of Big Gov't + Big Biz consuming everything else in sight

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Govern...ending_GDP.png

If this chart doesn't reverse course soon, like w/in the next 6 years, our economy will collapse.

Old 07-02-2022, 11:55 AM

30,902 posts, read 33,080,150 times
Quote:
Always found it funny that the right try to call the left stupid these days. It's the inferior complex they inherit that causes them to do this, for example the red states always get pounced about low IQ and education levels. They get offended and try to use that same sentiment againsts the left, yet they're still losing. It's like Hillary calling them deplorables so now they call the left deplorables.
This. And WHILE calling us stupid, they claim we craftily control every aspect of every person's life, plus the media...pharmaceuticals...banks...literally everything.

Because we're stupid.

Of course...that's because we have money. But only because we are demonic. Only demons have money. Unless they're wealthy conservatives. In which case they're honest.

But wait...we wealthy Democrats actually all live off assistance. But somehow are wealthy...Well, maybe we're not. We're poor and brown. The left are poor, rich, brown, controlling, white, non-working, high tech industry, stupid, overeducated moochers who are demons because people can only be wealthy if they do bad things. Sometimes that's...all COMPLETELY true.. Is that about right?

The logic of the right.

I mean,go ahead. Take your ball and go home. Godspeed. This ought to be interesting.

Old 07-02-2022, 12:03 PM

19,031 posts, read 14,263,629 times
NEVER trust democracy.
Democracy is a vile system wherein a majority can legally persecute a minority (or tax the snot out of them).
And when a "democratic" election is blatantly stolen, the sheeple are told that "the majority has spoken".
Yeah, right.
Personally, I prefer the republican form of government wherein all men are created equal and have Creator endowed rights that governments were instituted to secure - not tax, regulate nor trespass.
Thus, no government, however configured, can "vote" away any endowed right of the sovereign people, nor take their private property, nor restrict their liberties... UNLESS BY CONSENT OF THE GOVERNED.
OF COURSE, once you consent, shut up, sit down, pay and obey.

Old 07-02-2022, 12:11 PM

11,849 posts, read 6,193,941 times
The establishment GOP does not care that the Left is winning. McConnell was thrilled Biden won the election and Trump was gone. Thrilled. They hate conservatives.

All the mainstream GOP cares about is money and power for themselves and their offspring. As long as they all remain elite, they could not give a rat's patoot about the US middle class, either our prosperity or our liberty.

Zilch.

There is a reason a lot of people call it the "Uniparty". The GOP establishment are just the other side of the coin. There are very few like Jim Jordan, Devin Nunes, Matt Gaetz, or Chuck Grassley and they are absolutely hated by the majority Country Club GOP. They hated Trump's guts and couldn't wait for Biden to become president.

Old 07-02-2022, 12:16 PM

26,035 posts, read 19,008,428 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RMESMH View Post
No, it isn't.

There would never be any agreement on how to split the national debt, and there would never be any agreement as to which country would get the U.S. Dollar.
I've read several book chronicling the breakup of Yugoslavia. They went through hell, basically. But such divergent people cannot be forced to coexist. Arguably, they are far better off now. Sometimes it is for the best of everyone concerned.

Quote:
Originally Posted by beach43ofus View Post
They are in denial that the Left is winning.
If you think becoming Venezuela II is "winning" then there is no point in discussing the matter at all. That's only "winning" in the mind of someone who is quite insane.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerZ View Post
This. And WHILE calling us stupid, ...
Not necessarily stupid. More like irreconcilably divergent in nearly every regard that matters.

I've noticed most of you leftists have sort of a erroneous view on the matter. I don't want to be away from you because I hate you. I want to be away from you because we have nothing in common anymore besides a language (and not even that at times) and life if too short to waste it being around folks that make you miserable.

But I'll tell you what I do hate. I hate it when leftists can't seem to figure out that a completely dysfunctional and violent "marriage" is best ended in divorce. Nothing in common = best being apart.

Old 07-02-2022, 12:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisC View Post
Thanks to people like you. The oppressors.

AKA, the abusive spouse... "You want a divorce, *****?" Right hook to the jaw. "Well that's simply your wet dream." Smiles and pops open another beer.
You use a lot of abuse imagery.

It is a style of conservatives to want to believe they are fighting some big fight, to habe a purpose in that way. There have been many studies on the fear-based, distrustful and conspiracy-believing mentality of the right.

If you broke off you'd have to find someone new to distrust "in authority" and fight against in order to have an identity. How many times would you subdivide until you were just neighborhoods all eyeing one another with hostile distrust?

Old 07-02-2022, 12:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisC View Post

So we are agreed. When can we expect your toxic state to break away?
Huh? I thought you were the tough guys all set to bravely her away from "the oppressors."

Now you're doing the "you hang up first." "No...YOU hang up first..." thing?

Oh yeah. This venture has success written all over it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies