Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-06-2022, 05:27 AM

14,968 posts, read 9,818,275 times

Advertisements

If they understood what Fascism constitutes... but they don't. It's just an aped talking point.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-06-2022, 05:44 AM

50,815 posts, read 36,514,503 times
Default He tried to take over and overthrow the government. Those are three things that enough for you

Quote:
Originally Posted by Du Ma View Post
Name one thing Trump did that would “put us on the road to fascism”?

Like making mandate to inject experiment drug into every American?
He wanted press arrested for saying negative things. He wanted protesters shot. He tried to take over and overthrow the government. Those are three things is that enough?

Old 07-06-2022, 05:58 AM

8,772 posts, read 5,062,427 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocnjgirl View Post
He wanted press arrested for saying negative things. He wanted protesters shot. He tried to take over and overthrow the government. Those are three things is that enough?
Protesters? More like rioters, that were burning down cities, and businesses, that it took people a life time to build. Biden is allowing drug lords to cross our boarders. He should know better...he has seen first hand what drugs can do to families. Hunter and Thwe Big Guy are criminals themselves.

Old 07-06-2022, 09:33 AM

Location: East of Seattle since 1992, 615' Elevation, Zone 8b - originally from SF Bay Area
44,585 posts, read 81,225,683 times
Almost all of my family and friends are card-carrying Democrats, and none of them has ever mentioned anything good about Biden. I suspect that for many it's only "better than Trump" that keeps them going until the next election when they might get a better candidate.

Old 07-06-2022, 10:49 AM

16,092 posts, read 10,757,764 times
[quote=Du Ma;63749937]Name one thing Trump did that would “put us on the road to fascism”?
/QUOTE]

Continuing along this line, since you asked...
His four years, and before, offer many examples. You will recall he praised the Nazi tiki-torch parade folks as “very fine people" even after they said, “It’s time to torch those jewish monsters", and then said he loved the insurrectionists while they were defecating in the Capitol halls and attacking the police. He implored people to attack the joint session of Congress and even suggested lynching his Vice President in an effort to overthrow the election. His attempts to convert public lands to private holdings is another example of his Fascist policies. His constant denigration of minorities (bad hombres, "They’re rapists. And some, I assume, are good people”, “Laziness is a trait in blacks. It really is, I believe that", etc) and attack on non-white judges is another example. His whole "birtherism" campaign, that he kept up even as late as 2017, was racist and Fascist. His dad was KKK so he just absorbed his early teaching at daddy's knee, refined it and took it to the next level.

So, Biden is not a Fascist so that would be a big reason to support him.

Old 07-06-2022, 11:02 AM

10,106 posts, read 7,775,270 times
[quote=SunGrins;63751986]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Du Ma View Post
Name one thing Trump did that would “put us on the road to fascism”?
/QUOTE]

Continuing along this line, since you asked...
His four years, and before, offer many examples. You will recall he praised the Nazi tiki-torch parade folks as “very fine people" even after they said, “It’s time to torch those jewish monsters", and then said he loved the insurrectionists while they were defecating in the Capitol halls and attacking the police. He implored people to attack the joint session of Congress and even suggested lynching his Vice President in an effort to overthrow the election. His attempts to convert public lands to private holdings is another example of his Fascist policies. His constant denigration of minorities (bad hombres, "They’re rapists. And some, I assume, are good people”, “Laziness is a trait in blacks. It really is, I believe that", etc) and attack on non-white judges is another example. His whole "birtherism" campaign, that he kept up even as late as 2017, was racist and Fascist. His dad was KKK so he just absorbed his early teaching at daddy's knee, refined it and took it to the next level.

So, Biden is not a Fascist so that would be a big reason to support him.

So But Trump. Again that's all y'all got. What are y'all going to do when he is president in 2024. I can't wait. You'd do the exact same thing and complain and try to impeach Desantis if Desantis ran. No matter which republican got in office, y'all would complain and lie and try to impeach. That's ALL y'all did during the Trump years. lol Y'all get nothing done but destroy and bad mouth Trump or Desantis. Like right now, what exact has your guy Biden done that's good for the country?

Trump had control of the border. You didn't see inflation or your savings and 401K dwindle away. You paid 2.xx for gas. There was no war. Country was a safer place. It was on auto-pilot and doing great just like he promised. But I guess those are things y'all don't like?

Old 07-06-2022, 11:21 AM

39,874 posts, read 26,521,399 times
Quote:
Have you ever talked to someone in person that can explain to you why they think Biden is doing a good job?

No, I have never met anyone quite that drunk. At least that drunk and still able to speak clearly.

Old 07-06-2022, 11:25 AM

26,694 posts, read 14,572,795 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by diddlydudette View Post
I have yet to find someone that can explain to me why they like Biden and the job he is fumbling through with teleprompters and note cards. He's not even a good puppet.

Just like in this forum, all I hear is 'but Trump'. I've asked here many times why people think he's doing a good job and each time it's crickets or 'but Trump'. Even in person no one can explain why they like Biden. I want to hear from someone what it is that Biden is doing that they like.

All these polls show there are some people out there that actually think he's doing a good job, lol, and for the life of me I can't imagine what the reason is. I'm so curious what they like about him. Even Bezos and Musk don't like him.

I know he's fun to laugh at and make fun of but the variety comedic puppet show isn't worth the destruction and hardship the people and country are going through.

If you've met someone in person that likes Biden, please share what it is about him that they like and why they think he's doing a good job.
Me.

Brandon is doing a great job destroying the country and concentrating power to the almighty government.

Those, who elected him and the democrats, should have known that is the job they have always been doing.

Old 07-06-2022, 03:17 PM

20,346 posts, read 19,934,560 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocnjgirl View Post
I don't think he's a good president, but at the same time, I can still say "Thank God he won".
At the end of the day, I can afford Joe Biden and then some.

For those who can't and voted for him, sux to be you.

Old 07-06-2022, 08:41 PM

16,092 posts, read 10,757,764 times
[quote=diddlydudette;63752099]
Quote:
Originally Posted by diddlydudette

So But Trump. Again that's all y'all got. What are y'all going to do when he is president in 2024.
I would advise you not to hold your breath.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies