Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-05-2022, 09:43 AM

43,125 posts, read 18,290,317 times

Advertisements

I have one friend that went on and on about Trump tweeting and how we no longer had to worry about that.
Today...she won't even discuss it. My comment is always.."Well at least Biden doesn't tweet".
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-05-2022, 09:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs. Skeffington View Post
My mother, who voted for Biden, has been putting down Trump from the get go. Now, when I bring up Biden's dismal record, dementia, laughable Vice President, gas prices, inflation, increased grocery prices, etc., and ask if she still supports him, all she says is, "she doesn't follow the news anymore".

BTW, before Biden, the last time she voted for a President was Jimmy Carter. You sure can pick the winners, Mom.
I see the same deflection from some. They didn't get exactly what they bargained for when they voted for Biden.

Old 07-05-2022, 10:16 AM

16,091 posts, read 10,757,764 times
It is a tale of two standards. The Biden supporters have a higher set of standards than do the Trump losers. And yes, there is a strong comparison factor between the two. That is how people make choices. Trump has a dozen flaws for every single one that Trumpers claim Biden has. So, in that sense, it is a win for Biden. Biden is far from perfect, but in each and every category on the list, Biden meets his supporters' higher standard much more than does Trump. Trump is off the scale in some respects such as morality and empathy. Trump supporters have consistently lowered their expectations and standards to the point that Trump is simply a freak-show president. They prefer a disturbing and fake form of entertainment rather a president.

Standards of behavior
Standards of morals
Standards of experience
Standards of empathy
Standards of professionalism
Standards of knowledge
Standards of focus
Standards of truthfulness
Standards of work performance
Standards of demeanor/attitude

Have you ever talked to someone in person that can explain to you why they think Biden is doing a good job?
Trumpers ask the question posed in the OP and want Biden supporters to answer in terms that they can grasp but they don't have the same standards and they simply don't get it. They don't value the same things. They measure Trump in terms of how many rallies he has or tweets or how he took down some critic or opponent. They have lost sight of what a competent, experienced, truthful, moral, and knowledgeable person brings to the table. Those are the measures that Biden supporters use rather than the freak-show rallies and bully tactics.

Old 07-05-2022, 10:24 AM

4,214 posts, read 3,762,896 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SunGrins View Post
It is a tale of two standards. The Biden supporters have a higher set of standards than do the Trump losers. And yes, there is a strong comparison factor between the two. That is how people make choices. Trump has a dozen flaws for every single one that Trumpers claim Biden has. So, in that sense, it is a win for Biden. Biden is far from perfect, but in each and every category on the list, Biden meets his supporters' higher standard much more than does Trump. Trump is off the scale in some respects such as morality and empathy. Trump supporters have consistently lowered their expectations and standards to the point that Trump is simply a freak-show president. They prefer a disturbing and fake form of entertainment rather a president.

Standards of behavior
Standards of morals
Standards of experience
Standards of empathy
Standards of knowledge
Standards of focus

Have you ever talked to someone in person that can explain to you why they think Biden is doing a good job?
Trumpers ask the question posed in the OP and want Biden supporters to answer in terms that they can grasp but they don't have the same standards and they simply don't get it. They don't value the same things. They measure Trump in terms of how many rallies he has or tweets or how he took down some critic or opponent. They have lost sight of what a competent, experienced, truthful, moral, and knowledgeable person brings to the table. Those are the measures that Biden supporters use rather than the freak-show rallies and bully tactics.
"What you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul."

Old 07-05-2022, 10:26 AM

1,280 posts, read 1,421,433 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SunGrins View Post

Standards of behavior
Standards of morals
Standards of experience
Standards of empathy
Standards of knowledge
Standards of focus

Thank you. This exactly. Also, no President does the job in a vacuum. One of the key standards I care most about is the people the President chooses to have with him. By that measure the comparison of Biden to Trump tilts astronomically in Biden's favor.

Old 07-05-2022, 10:27 AM

1,280 posts, read 1,421,433 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mustangman66 View Post
"What you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul."
Can you be more specific?

Old 07-05-2022, 10:33 AM

4,214 posts, read 3,762,896 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanderling View Post
Can you be more specific?
I like to joke around and I took that quote from Billy Madison because I thought it was fitting. I dont feel the response remotely answered the question at all. In fact, it was more of a deflection by focusing on the previous President which is irrelevant to the question. There was nothing in the response that explained how Biden is doing a good job. What policies under Biden are reflective of him doing a good job?

Old 07-05-2022, 10:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mustangman66 View Post
I like to joke around and I took that quote from Billy Madison because I thought it was fitting. I dont feel the response remotely answered the question at all. In fact, it was more of a deflection by focusing on the previous President which is irrelevant to the question. There was nothing in the response that explained how Biden is doing a good job. What policies under Biden are reflective of him doing a good job?
Well if people only voted for Biden because they didn't like Trump's tweeting then you have your "standard'.
That's what they like about Biden..he doesn't tweet.

Old 07-05-2022, 10:50 AM

1,134 posts, read 405,107 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanderling View Post
Thank you. This exactly. Also, no President does the job in a vacuum. One of the key standards I care most about is the people the President chooses to have with him. By that measure the comparison of Biden to Trump tilts astronomically in Biden's favor.
You said it's astronomically in Biden's favor?

So far Biden's choices haven't impressed me either. They appear rather inept. He was obviously more concerned with diversity over all other considerations, choosing his administration based on gender, race and sexual preference.

It's hard to believe anyone can examine his choices and not come to that conclusion.

If anything, it's a draw. And that's a stretch.

Old 07-05-2022, 10:53 AM

12,990 posts, read 9,516,147 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by diddlydudette View Post
So your friends can't give a reason why they like Biden and only say 'but Trump'. Funny how no one can say why they like Biden.
The simple answer really is "he's not Trump". Some hated Trump so much they'd have voted for Mickey Mouse (and essentially did).

Trump is definitely not someone I'd want as a neighbor - he's a fairly despicable person, in general - but he certainly did some good things for the country, and Biden turned most of the around on his first day in office. And we're suffering because of it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies