Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-22-2022, 09:05 AM

5,347 posts, read 3,218,339 times

Advertisements

The poll matters if only Democrats and Republicans vote.

The independents are going to make or break the next presidential election for a given candidate.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-22-2022, 09:05 AM

10,483 posts, read 7,010,515 times
The pro-abortion crowd are a bunch of outspoken nut jobs. You would be hard-pressed to find this or see this reported in most of the media, but more Americans side with the Supreme Court in this instance than elsewhere.

Additionally, lets just say the left wins the midterms by a landslide, and put in all pro-abortion in 100% of the seats of the congress and senate. There is little they could do, to even effect the Supreme Court ruling.

Old 07-22-2022, 09:06 AM

17,642 posts, read 6,918,695 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BoSox 15 View Post
The poll matters if only Democrats and Republicans vote.

The independents are going to make or break the next presidential election for a given candidate.
Marquette polled independents, as well as Democrats and Republicans. The data refutes your variant of the DNC narrative.

Old 07-22-2022, 09:09 AM

15,946 posts, read 12,293,021 times
I vote republican in elections but would vote for an initiative re-legalizing (European style, first trimester) abortions in South Dakota if one was presented. I lean libertarian. Things aren't black and white issues for most people. We should legalize marijuana (again) in this state this November quite easily. That one is on the ballot.

I won't risk electing any soft on crime, lockdown/mask supporting, critical race theory peddling democrat candidates. They hold their covid policy and their woke culture as a religious cult that can't be debated. They dug their grave when it comes to my support, given how they act on reddit when I try to have open debates with them. I'll take abortion bans over what they are supporting.

Old 07-22-2022, 09:14 AM

17,642 posts, read 6,918,695 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sholomar View Post
I vote republican in elections but would vote for an initiative re-legalizing (European style, first trimester) abortions in South Dakota if one was presented. I lean libertarian. Things aren't black and white issues for most people. We should legalize marijuana (again) in this state this November quite easily. That one is on the ballot.

I won't risk electing any soft on crime, lockdown/mask supporting democrat candidates. They hold their covid policy and their woke culture as a religious cult that can't be debated. They dug their grave when it comes to my support, given how they act on reddit when I try to have open debates with them.
I spent about 2 hours on reddit and could not believe it. It is scary that there are so many brainwashed libs out there.

Old 07-22-2022, 09:16 AM

5,347 posts, read 3,218,339 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RowingFiend View Post
Marquette polled independents, as well as Democrats and Republicans. The data refutes your variant of the DNC narrative.
I stand corrected regarding the polling data. OP indicated only D vs. R and the first few lines of the link mentioned "partisan".

My second line stands - Independents are going to make/break the election. This is the polling that needs to be done - whether independents are motivated due to Roe v. Wade, etc.

I'm an independent, I have no "variant of the DNC narrative". The DNC's narrative is just as toxic as the RNC's narrative.

Old 07-22-2022, 09:19 AM

15,946 posts, read 12,293,021 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RowingFiend View Post
I spent about 2 hours on reddit and could not believe it. It is scary that there are so many brainwashed libs out there.
They preach "freedom" and "tolerance" but can't seem to see past their own bias. It's like that thread I created about how democrats can't see their own authoritarianism. "We are in this together" is really a code for "do it our way or else." Both sides tend to be guilty of this though. Any group of people can be.

Old 07-22-2022, 09:23 AM

16,911 posts, read 10,596,615 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sholomar View Post

I won't risk electing any soft on crime, lockdown/mask supporting, critical race theory peddling democrat candidates. They hold their covid policy and their woke culture as a religious cult that can't be debated. They dug their grave when it comes to my support, given how they act on reddit when I try to have open debates with them. I'll take abortion bans over what they are supporting.
The left doesn’t like to acknowledge that the US has the most extreme pro-abortion laws in the world. Most countries don’t allow abortions after 12 weeks or so (some longer). I think that most people would be fine with a 20 week abortion restriction.
Moderators for US and World Forums

Old 07-22-2022, 09:26 AM

6,813 posts, read 9,361,187 times
I think some of this motivation comes from the fear that this issue motivates the other side, so to speak.

I agree with the decision given what I know about the flaws in the decision in the 1970s, but it’s not the most important issue to me.

Old 07-22-2022, 09:28 AM

1,351 posts, read 474,712 times
Abortion is the be-all-end-all? Really? Killing a developing child in the womb takes precedence over the crumbling economy or the border or the two tiered justice system or this insane push towards legalised normalisation of transgenderism or the out of control crime rates or the deconstruction of our energy sector? You can't help but contemplate how odd some peoples' perspectives on life are. I'm sorry but the suggestion of it is ridiculous.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies