Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Should Trump run again?
Yes MAGA all the way! 31 29.25%
No get someone else. 75 70.75%
Voters: 106. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-25-2022, 10:57 AM

17,441 posts, read 9,277,731 times

Advertisements

Sounds foolish to me to actually have a President who understands big(and small) Business and how an Economy works - which Donald Trump and his Team clearly did.

We are clearly much better off today- that’s clear.

We need more Biden!

Old 07-25-2022, 11:07 AM

7,511 posts, read 4,359,793 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tmtex View Post
He would never win. To many on the right that hate him
I'm on the right and I certainly don't hate him. In fact I think that he was a great president because his policies were beneficial to most of the country. He always put America first. I did not like his egotistical personality and braggadocio. I voted for him twice because of his policies not his personality.

That being said I don't think that he should or even want him to run again. He's too old, controversial and agree that he'd probably lose. However if he did secure the nomination I'd vote for him a third time only because I'd never vote for a Democrat no matter who they nominate for any public office or for any Democrat incumbent. I despise and loathe that party and everything that they supposedly stand for. Voting third party and not voting at all is never an option for me. I've voted in every election since turning 18.

Old 07-25-2022, 11:12 AM

4,299 posts, read 1,559,815 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by USNRET04 View Post
Are you happy with what is going on? All the people and kids dying on Biden's watch??
No, hence I said Biden was an unmitigated disaster. I can be disappointed in the last presidency and the current at the same time.

Old 07-25-2022, 11:14 AM

17,403 posts, read 16,553,894 times
I would take Trump back in a heartbeat if given the chance. I would absolutely vote for him.

Old 07-25-2022, 11:18 AM

899 posts, read 541,692 times
The biggest problem I have with Trump is how he behaved from his defeat to January 6. Had he been graceful, focused on the future, contemplated the likelihood Joe Biden would live up to what Obama predicted of him, he'd be sitting prettily now.

But he behaved like a spoiled brat, throwing tantrums and breaking his toys because he didn't get his way. And I see that with how he approached January 6. He didn't do the honorable thing and go out and forcefully call people to step down. He egged people to protest. The excesses of January 6 were not preplanned or coordinated with Trump and it's ludicrous to believe there was a coup, but he was egoistical, self-centered, and just not good.

It tells me that if he managed to win in 2024, he'd waste his presidency seeking revenge against the Democrats and even handful of Republicans who opposed him.

Much of his popularity is surely due to that the R voting base is furious at the Dems, quite understandably so. The double standards, the institutional biases, the sycophantic media, the blatant lies, the memory-holing of the riots of 2020, the monkey trial that January 6 is, and the sheer hatred that one senses from the Democrats only antagonizes the conservative half of the country. That, more than Trump himself, would explain the ongoing support he has. But it would be better for everyone in the country to move on and find a different candidate for the presidency. Or things would only get worse and worse with parties increasingly resorting to vengeful behaviors towards each other.

Old 07-25-2022, 11:23 AM

10,116 posts, read 7,781,735 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goofball86 View Post
With all his baggage and constant whining about 2020 will his candidacy help or hurt the Republican party in 2024 if he chooses to run again?
99% of the baggage was caused my the left. They tried day 1 to get rid of him and it's still their main goal. So people actually want Trump to give it up now, despite the left's attempts to get rid of him? Y'all want the left to win? They hate him because they know he is best to get the country back in shape. That's why they hate him. He's against everything the left stands for. Trump is the Lefts/dems biggest threat.

He made promises and kept them. It was smooth sailing and now people say he comes with baggage when none of it was he guilty of but the left's attempts to give him his baggage and run him into the ground.

You do realize if Desantis were to win, they'd so the exact same thing to him...run him into the ground and make up stuff about him and impeach him over and over. I guarantee it.

The dems treated Trump horribly but he stood up for the country and did everything he promised. This country was running on auto pilot but now people want to give up on him because the left gave him baggage? So y'all want the left to win at getting rid of Trump. This Jan 6th deal is a circus but y'all are feeding into it? Russia collusion? Just wait and see what happens to Desantis or whomever else runs. The dems will make up something and stand behind it and put it in the media until Desantis too is impeached and have so much damage it won't be funny. This is how the left/dems are.

I'm going to pull for Trump because I want him to come out the with a big middle finger to the left. He will get that wall finished and economy back on track. He knows how to do it.

My dream is Trump pres and Desanis VP and then Desantis can take over in 2028. Those 2 would be a powerhouse.

Old 07-25-2022, 11:27 AM

25,787 posts, read 12,849,279 times
Trump was great until he agreed to Trillions more in deficit spending. That is when I fired him.

Rand Paul in 2024..the only proven fiscal Conservative in the U.S. Senate.

Thomas Massie for VP...the only proven fiscal Conservative in the U.S. House.

By election day 2024, we'll be wasting $350B/yr on interest on the debt...more than China spends on defense...stop the madness.

Old 07-25-2022, 11:29 AM

17,403 posts, read 16,553,894 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DXBtoFL View Post
The biggest problem I have with Trump is how he behaved from his defeat to January 6. Had he been graceful, focused on the future, contemplated the likelihood Joe Biden would live up to what Obama predicted of him, he'd be sitting prettily now.

But he behaved like a spoiled brat, throwing tantrums and breaking his toys because he didn't get his way. And I see that with how he approached January 6. He didn't do the honorable thing and go out and forcefully call people to step down. He egged people to protest. The excesses of January 6 were not preplanned or coordinated with Trump and it's ludicrous to believe there was a coup, but he was egoistical, self-centered, and just not good.

It tells me that if he managed to win in 2024, he'd waste his presidency seeking revenge against the Democrats and even handful of Republicans who opposed him.

Much of his popularity is surely due to that the R voting base is furious at the Dems, quite understandably so. The double standards, the institutional biases, the sycophantic media, the blatant lies, the memory-holing of the riots of 2020, the monkey trial that January 6 is, and the sheer hatred that one senses from the Democrats only antagonizes the conservative half of the country. That, more than Trump himself, would explain the ongoing support he has. But it would be better for everyone in the country to move on and find a different candidate for the presidency. Or things would only get worse and worse with parties increasingly resorting to vengeful behaviors towards each other.
He was supposed to sit down and shut up and not even question the election results?

The whole January 6th fiasco was a complete inside set up.

Old 07-25-2022, 11:31 AM

17,441 posts, read 9,277,731 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by diddlydudette View Post
99% of the baggage was caused my the left. They tried day 1 to get rid of him and it's still their main goal. So people actually want Trump to give it up now, despite the left's attempts to get rid of him? Y'all want the left to win? They hate him because they know he is best to get the country back in shape. That's why they hate him. He's against everything the left stands for. Trump is the Lefts/dems biggest threat.

He made promises and kept them. It was smooth sailing and now people say he comes with baggage when none of it was he guilty of but the left's attempts to give him his baggage and run him into the ground.

You do realize if Desantis were to win, they'd so the exact same thing to him...run him into the ground and make up stuff about him and impeach him over and over. I guarantee it.

The dems treated Trump horribly but he stood up for the country and did everything he promised. This country was running on auto pilot but now people want to give up on him because the left gave him baggage? So y'all want the left to win at getting rid of Trump. This Jan 6th deal is a circus but y'all are feeding into it? Russia collusion? Just wait and see what happens to Desantis or whomever else runs. The dems will make up something and stand behind it and put it in the media until Desantis too is impeached and have so much damage it won't be funny. This is how the left/dems are.

I'm going to pull for Trump because I want him to come out the with a big middle finger to the left. He will get that wall finished and economy back on track. He knows how to do it.

My dream is Trump pres and Desanis VP and then Desantis can take over in 2028. Those 2 would be a powerhouse.
Trump and DeSantis can’t be on the same ticket — they both live in Florida.
Constitution 101

Old 07-25-2022, 02:06 PM

5,281 posts, read 3,084,050 times
I voted for Trump twice.
Mainly because he was better than Clinton and Biden.
To my surprise he was incredibly better than those two.

He would still be the president if the media was unbiased and gave forth the information they held on a few items such as Hunter Biden’s escapades or Simple things like Biden’s health and a few other issues like freedom of speech.

That said I hope he doesn’t run again we need new younger blood.
We also need to heal this country and I don’t think he is the right guy for that.

If he is on the ticket again I will vote for him but I’d rather vote for DeSantis.

I think this country needs to get away from the far left and far right extremes.
Is that really asking for too much?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies