Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-06-2022, 06:30 PM

37,104 posts, read 41,267,704 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by HereOnMars View Post
And that's good that he hasn't. He's likely still contagious and that's not good.
The tests cannot predict whether there is infectious virus present.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AfricanSunset View Post
Clots are normal during any illness in the elderly. The reason is the rapid increase in antibodies to fight off infection, this actually makes you more susceptible to blood clotting issues!

My uncle died of a (ischemic) stroke that immediately followed a cold he had. My godmother was similar! This was well before COVID in the early 2000s! My godmother was about the age of your uncle.

Now, with Paxlovid you are far more likely to experience COVID rebound. Meaning you will have symptoms far longer and test + far longer. So how does it help you clear the virus faster? The answer is, it doesn’t!

Finally let’s discuss Oseltamivir (Tamiflu), a neuraminidase inhibitor. It doesn’t work. A Cochrane meta-analysis showed that when all studies were pooled, it reduces duration of symptoms by less than 1 day. However these include the highly questionable studies done by the company standing to profit (Roche, the 2nd most criminal pharmaceutical company in terms of fines after Pfizer). If you remove those then Tamiflu is worthless.

The sudden lobbying pressure that Tamiflu caused the EMA to stockpile the drug - most they threw away! I have to look but I think they threw away 1.6 billion euros of drug. That’s with a b, because it’s worthless.

The only anti-virals that have a chance of working are antibody cocktails designed specifically for the virus. Monoclonals and or polyclonals. Otherwise, there is no way for an anti-viral drug to specifically target the virus. Instead they poison your entire body to stop the virus from replicating. If it sounds familiar to cancer drugs (Chemotherapy) it’s because that’s exactly the premise there as well. In fact, many anti-virals (eg AZT for HIV) began as Chemotherapy drugs.

That’s how primitive modern medicine is!
Tamiflu:

https://www.thelancet.com/journals/l...449-1/fulltext

Antivirals for herpes (also work for oral herpes, chickenpox, and shingles):

https://www.webmd.com/genital-herpes...ment-options#1

HIV:

https://www.webmd.com/hiv-aids/aids-hiv-medication

Hepatitis C:

https://www.webmd.com/hepatitis/unde...is-c-treatment
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-07-2022, 07:50 AM

12,905 posts, read 15,660,053 times
Quote:
By the time they experienced symptoms, thought to go to the doctor, got a PCR test confirming influenza, began taking Tamiflu- they were bound to recover rapidly anyways.

My ex used to take Tamiflu every time she got the Flu (which was a lot lol!) and all it did was gave her nausea !
My son took Tamiflu as well as my coworker's daughter (college age). The flu comes on fast and hard. My son was in Urgent Care the second day of symptoms with a confirmed nasal swab. Tamiflu started and he was probably 85% better the very next day. Same with coworker's daughter. Besides relating more anecdotal stories, I've seen it work incredibly well.

I've never actually witnessed a "rapid" natural recovery of influenza. Most people are down for a good 8 days, with it taking over 2 weeks to feel back to normal. If you recover rapidly, you most likely didn't have the real flu.

But I get you don't believe in them, and that's fine. I read the "studies" also and, again, I saw the rates of it not really giving anyone much better outcomes so I dismissed it also. Until I saw it work really well in those I know that have taken it. Astonishing really.

Old 08-07-2022, 08:06 AM

26,660 posts, read 13,746,362 times
Tamiflu has only been shown to shorten the duration of a 7 to 10 day flu by one day.

The last time I had the flu I was really only down for two days. Not fully recovered for awhile after that but was out of bed.

Old 08-07-2022, 10:46 AM

3,113 posts, read 938,998 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristineVA View Post
My son took Tamiflu as well as my coworker's daughter (college age). The flu comes on fast and hard. My son was in Urgent Care the second day of symptoms with a confirmed nasal swab. Tamiflu started and he was probably 85% better the very next day. Same with coworker's daughter. Besides relating more anecdotal stories, I've seen it work incredibly well.

I've never actually witnessed a "rapid" natural recovery of influenza. Most people are down for a good 8 days, with it taking over 2 weeks to feel back to normal. If you recover rapidly, you most likely didn't have the real flu.

But I get you don't believe in them, and that's fine. I read the "studies" also and, again, I saw the rates of it not really giving anyone much better outcomes so I dismissed it also. Until I saw it work really well in those I know that have taken it. Astonishing really.
The first time someone catches influenza they should be sick for 1-2 weeks. Subsequent times it should be under 1 week.

This has to do with the adaptive immune system firing up. When it fires up, improvement is rapid.

Now I don’t get sick often and when I get sick it’s mild. In decades I wasn’t sick enough to stay in a bed. So take this anecdote for what it’s worth: when I get sick it’s rapid onset (feeling fine then wake up sick) and rapid relief (I’m sick then next day I’m completely better without really any intermediate phase).

Old 08-07-2022, 11:43 AM

12,905 posts, read 15,660,053 times
Quote:
The first time someone catches influenza they should be sick for 1-2 weeks. Subsequent times it should be under 1 week.

This has to do with the adaptive immune system firing up. When it fires up, improvement is rapid.

Now I don’t get sick often and when I get sick it’s mild. In decades I wasn’t sick enough to stay in a bed. So take this anecdote for what it’s worth: when I get sick it’s rapid onset (feeling fine then wake up sick) and rapid relief (I’m sick then next day I’m completely better without really any intermediate phase).
I get sick every 5-8 years or so and it's always a 3-weeker for me...no matter what it seems to be.

Old 08-18-2022, 07:25 AM

1,094 posts, read 883,802 times
It seems like the "experts" don't know what they are doing.

It reminds me of the Johnny Cash song "The one on the right was on the left".

Old 08-18-2022, 08:26 AM

17,624 posts, read 6,911,503 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristineVA View Post
I get sick every 5-8 years or so and it's always a 3-weeker for me...no matter what it seems to be.
We have similar immune systems. For me it’s a little bit rarer, like once every 10 years. When it happens I have 24-48 hours of hell and then I’m good.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies