Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-16-2022, 04:42 AM

73,048 posts, read 62,657,702 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Futuremauian View Post
I agree with much of this, but I pointed out flaws in your statement about living anywhere you please.

You can do it but perhaps not safely, in spite of your Constitutional assurances.

Try buying a house in much of South-Central Los Angeles. You may soon be burned out of it.

Ask the families of many Jews who have been murdered after buying property in black neighborhoods.

You seem desperately anxious to prove me wrong, but you can't.
You're missing my point. I'm talking about living in places where there might be things I like, but some of the locals don't want me there. Black on Asian murders in poor Black neighborhoods have nothing to do with that.

Old 08-16-2022, 01:15 PM

6,384 posts, read 4,836,988 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
You're missing my point. I'm talking about living in places where there might be things I like, but some of the locals don't want me there. Black on Asian murders in poor Black neighborhoods have nothing to do with that.
No, I got your point. You chose to pompously brag that you have the right to live in (white) neighborhoods whether the residents like it or not, and if they don't like it, they can leave.

It was an example of race-baiting.

BTW: Such a shame that the thread about murders was closed. Lots of revealing information, wouldn't you agree?

Last edited by Futuremauian; 08-16-2022 at 01:26 PM.. Reason: Added a line

Old 08-16-2022, 01:45 PM

14,267 posts, read 6,964,408 times
The one being accused of being pompous is not the pompous one.

Old 08-16-2022, 02:10 PM

Quote:
No, I got your point. You chose to pompously brag that you have the right to live in (white) neighborhoods whether the residents like it or not, and if they don't like it, they can leave.

BTW: Such a shame that the thread about murders was closed. Lots of revealing information, wouldn't you agree?
I wasn't talking explicitly about White neighborhoods. There are places where non-Whites are the majority, where I would stand out like a sore thumb as a Black person. I left race out of it because I understand I could deal with racist behavior from anyone. I've gotten it from some individuals from South Asia. I've gotten it from some Hispanic individuals. I've met a few Black immigrants who look down on Black Americans.

There is a whole bucket list of places I have considered living in. The fact you claim I'm pompous, and claiming that I was race baiting, I think you are wrong for that. I know what my rights are. I also understand there are individuals who would prefer I not live in their neighborhood.

By the way, I don't really care that said thread got closed. I don't know why it got closed. However, I don't care.

Old 08-16-2022, 02:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ansible90 View Post
The one being accused of being pompous is not the pompous one.
Thank you. It was never my intent to be pompous. This thread is about diversity vs minority friendly. While many people prefer to be around their own kind. Many people are not the "stick to your own kind" types. Many people choose places to live based on what they have. Some people understand they might stand out where they plan to live. For some people, it's more about wanting to live in a community and race not matter.

Old 08-16-2022, 04:24 PM

1,719 posts, read 732,745 times
Quote:

Baloney.

Try communicating, not pontificating.

Old 08-16-2022, 04:31 PM

1,719 posts, read 732,745 times
Quote:
Thank you. It was never my intent to be pompous. This thread is about diversity vs minority friendly. While many people prefer to be around their own kind. Many people are not the "stick to your own kind" types. Many people choose places to live based on what they have. Some people understand they might stand out where they plan to live. For some people, it's more about wanting to live in a community and race not matter.
I've read many of your posts and you're not "pompous" in the least, Mariner. In fact, that's the last thing I'd call you. I appreciate your patient attempts to get through to those who only want to finger-point and attack.

I can't say the same for snooty, pontificating gasbags to whom one-upmanship is more important than communication.

Old 08-16-2022, 04:32 PM

Quote:
I can accept that. Sometimes intent is difficult to discern on forums.

I chose to live in Maui even though most of the community is not Caucasian. Didn't matter to me at all.

I've encountered a few locals who hate white people but overall, I have been well-accepted and have developed great relationships through the schools where I work. As a result, I am often invited to local gatherings where I am either the only Haole, or one of a few.

Life is good!

Old 08-16-2022, 04:45 PM

14,267 posts, read 6,964,408 times
Quote:
I can accept that. Sometimes intent is difficult to discern on forums.

I chose to live in Maui even though most of the community is not Caucasian. Didn't matter to me at all.

I've encountered a few locals who hate white people but overall, I have been well-accepted and have developed great relationships through the schools where I work. As a result, I am often invited to local gatherings where I am either the only Haole, or one of a few.

Life is good!
Huh? You diss Mariner for wanting to live in any neighborhood he chooses, and then you tell us you deliberately moved to a neighborhood where you are the one who sticks out like a sore thumb. Just a bit hypocritical, I'd say.

Old 08-16-2022, 04:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bentonite View Post
I've read many of your posts and you're not "pompous" in the least, Mariner. In fact, that's the last thing I'd call you. I appreciate your patient attempts to get through to those who only want to finger-point and attack.

I can't say the same for snooty, pontificating gasbags to whom one-upmanship is more important than communication.
Looks like we have a new thread patrolwoman on duty who doesn't have to follow the TOS.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies