Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-01-2022, 01:58 PM

15,713 posts, read 9,533,686 times

Advertisements

This just in

Quote:
A Donald Trump fan from Texas who attempted to storm the U.S. Capitol while armed with a gun was sentenced to more than 7 years in prison on Monday after a judge denied the Justice Department's request for a "terrorism enhancement" that would have resulted in a lengthier prison sentence.
But but but no one was armed that day!

Quote:
Guy Reffitt was the first Jan. 6 defendant to go to trial. Reffitt's own son actually tipped off the FBI a couple of weeks before Jan. 6 but didn't hear back until after the attack. The government had an enormous amount of evidence against Reffitt, including his friend's testimony that Reffitt was carrying zip ties and that the duo had made a decision to carry guns because they'd rather be "tried by a jury of twelve than carried by six."
That's going to be an interesting family reunion in a few years. He also threatened to kill his kids when he got back from 1/6. Seems like a swell guy and peaceful protestor.

Capitol rioter Guy Reffitt gets longest Jan. 6 sentence, but no terrorism enhancement

Old 08-01-2022, 02:07 PM

269 posts, read 92,575 times
I don't think most people claim no one was armed. I think people claim no one used guns to enter the capitol. Did he brandish or in anyway use his weapon? Anyway I think he should recieve a sentence comparable to what others would get for similar offences. Even though in no way do I go along with the "Big Lie". You know the big lie the one that says that this was an insurrection and democracy was hanging by a thread that day.

Old 08-01-2022, 02:11 PM

Per the above link, his aforementioned son actually wrote a letter to the judge asking that mental health be a part of his father's sentence, that rehabilitation should be part of a jail sentence. His daughter also testified on her father's behalf in sentencing.

Quote:
“President Trump deceived my father and many other normal citizens with families to believe that this past election was fraudulent,” the 18-year-old wrote in her letter.

She argued Monday that her father did not play a leadership role on Jan. 6.

“My father’s name wasn’t on all the flags that were there that day, that everyone was carrying," she said in court. "It was another man’s name."
Both sound like good kids.

Old 08-01-2022, 02:17 PM

29,835 posts, read 24,927,606 times
Obviously someone was armed that day, because one of the protesters, Ashli Babbitt, was killed by a gunshot to the neck. In fact, I think she was the only one who was actually killed that day.

Old 08-01-2022, 02:20 PM

12,994 posts, read 9,521,835 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe the Photog View Post
This just in

That's going to be an interesting family reunion in a few years. He also threatened to kill his kids when he got back from 1/6. Seems like a swell guy and peaceful protestor.

Capitol rioter Guy Reffitt gets longest Jan. 6 sentence, but no terrorism enhancement

Yep, first class citizen.

Where do these people come from?

Old 08-01-2022, 02:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by andywire View Post
Obviously someone was armed that day, because one of the protesters, Ashli Babbitt, was killed by a gunshot to the neck. In fact, I think she was the only one who was actually killed that day.
Shot by a polie officer as she tried to break through a window as she trespassed with a large throng of people inside the Capitol. It was sad that she was lied to by a man whose name was on some flags that day and that she was doing his bidding. Righteous kill by that officer.

Old 08-01-2022, 02:28 PM

8,609 posts, read 2,311,191 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe the Photog View Post
This just in

I've read yours and a couple of sublinks. While he definitely seems to have had a gun ... did he ever go inside the Capitol? Engage physically with LEO's?

Old 08-01-2022, 02:28 PM

13,471 posts, read 4,301,426 times
From the link:

Quote:
Reffitt was convicted on five counts in March, including transport of a firearm in support of civil disorder and obstruction of an official proceeding, although he did not make it inside the Capitol or use physical violence because he was eventually incapacitated after charging the police line.
I love how our garbage media calls the citizen, "a Trump fan" on the top to make everything clear what is this about but they don't mention details why they label him as a "fan". You know their angle.

So you can't transport your legal firearm for protection to legally protest under the 1st amendment if the protest turns into a civil disorder by others. He didn't enter the building or use physical violence on any cop but he got 7 years.

Let me get this straight: If take my legal gun for protection to the BLM protests (I hang out with the Obama girls and Secret Service) I don't trespass or do any violence to the cops or people or any property but if the protests turns violent by others, I will get 7 years.

Interesting.

Old 08-01-2022, 02:29 PM

15,850 posts, read 6,554,586 times
Have fun making license plates.

Old 08-01-2022, 02:31 PM

25,461 posts, read 9,821,441 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SanJuanStar View Post
From the link:

I love how our garbage media calls the citizen, "a Trump fan" on the top to make everything clear what is this about but they don't mention details why they label him as a "fan". You know their angle.

So you can't transport your legal firearm for protection to legally protest under the 1st amendment if the protest turns into a civil disorder by others. He didn't enter the building or use physical violence on any cop but he got 7 years.

Let me get this straight: If take my legal gun for protection to the BLM protests (I hang out with the Obama girls and Secret Service) I don't trespass or do any violence to the cops or people or any property but if the protests turns violent by others, I will get 7 years.

Interesting.
Yeah, that's what he was doing. Transporting an arm to defend himself. Somehow that much have gotten lost in the translation because the judge didn't seem to think that was the case.

Have mercy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies