Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-05-2022, 08:50 AM

29,503 posts, read 14,656,154 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jbraybarten65 View Post
It's not about "abortion." It's about their rights. I get it - you don't care, so you shake your head.
Not about abortion...hmm...okay.

It's not that I don't care, I just think there are many other issues that our country faces that are just higher up on the list than this. That doesn't mean I want to see abortions made illegal, though.

Old 08-05-2022, 08:54 AM

5,984 posts, read 2,238,141 times
Nope, slippery slope there.

Make this illegal and soon it will be illegal to cross state lines and buy an extended magazine or a certain type of Federally legal weapon from another state.

Or a state could ban the purchase of non-electric vehicles and lock you up for driving across state lines to buy a V-8 Ford Mustang.

Old 08-05-2022, 09:00 AM

1,602 posts, read 867,677 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by armourereric View Post
I am a very conservative Republican, if I live in state A, and abortion is illegal, and you go to state B to have a legal abortion. I have no problem with that. Do we believe in the 10 the amendment or not?

Same, and fully agree.

Despite my conservatism, I'm ok with limited abortion. 15 weeks being the primary limit, and in line with Europe. Somebody needs to step up and get that done.

Old 08-05-2022, 09:08 AM

3,501 posts, read 3,136,713 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daryl_G View Post
Same here, the only time I hear that an exception could be made is when it is a sport that is not based on a physical ability like Olympic sharp shooting with guns, only the ones done in a mon-moving position (no cross country stuff). But there are only a handful of sports that fit these narrow criteria.

It's really driven by media but that is how things have been for decades now since Cable news and social media have taken off, media is a complete mess across the board. This is an issue that affects 5% of the country but takes up 90% of the media's time across all cable news channels and social media.
Uh, I don't think you were replying to the post you were quoting.

Old 08-05-2022, 09:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Take a History Class View Post
Same, and fully agree.

Despite my conservatism, I'm ok with limited abortion. 15 weeks being the primary limit, and in line with Europe. Somebody needs to step up and get that done.

Absolutely, but the pro abortionists wouldn't be happy with that.

Old 08-05-2022, 09:09 AM

41,965 posts, read 75,205,836 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jbraybarten65 View Post
It's disturbing that this even asked...
True, but you can see movement in some states to do just that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cape Cod Todd View Post
What a can of worms.
Truth.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thulsa View Post
We could skip all that by just requiring travel permits for women and perhaps requiring a male relative to accompany them everywhere they go.
It's really for their protection.
Don't think that some people wouldn't support this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scarabchuck View Post
There are much larger issues within our country right now, yet the media wants you to think abortion is the only thing we should all be talking about right now.
The media only are covering what the federal and state governments are doing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scarabchuck View Post
Yeah, who care's about the economy, jobs, crime, homelessness, and our country and everyone in it prospering, it's all about abortion. SMH
If you don't think limiting or outlawing abortions will affect the economy, jobs, crime, and homelessness, then you've got another think coming.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocko20 View Post
The joy of watching the left outraged
What a peculiar hobby ...

Old 08-05-2022, 09:10 AM

3,501 posts, read 3,136,713 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FatBob96 View Post
And they will largely fail.

Because not enough of their fellow Conservatives agree with them.

Most of us care more about the Constitution and State's rights than we do about abortion.
I would normally agree with you, but it wasn't so long ago that we were being told that Roe wasn't in danger of being overturned since it was established precedent or the law of the land as it were.

Old 08-05-2022, 09:20 AM

1,263 posts, read 561,998 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ansible90 View Post
I'm waiting to hear about changes from red state insurance boards that prevent health insurance plans from covering abortion. If they do that, the procedure would be self pay and insurance claims could not be used to find abortion services.

Anyway, HIPAA would prevent a state from searching health insurance claims for any "illegal procedures."
The other aspect to this would be potential federal regulation of the health insurance industry as interstate commerce. This could entail outright requiring abortion services as a medical procedure when prescribed by a physician, or using the pursestrings to shut out from funding any company or state that doesn't want to allow coverage.

Old 08-05-2022, 09:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohiogirl81 View Post
If you don't think limiting or outlawing abortions will affect the economy, jobs, crime, and homelessness, then you've got another think coming.

Wow...do you you really believe that abortion is that pivotal of a thing ? I'm amazed that there are that many irresponsible men and women out there that rely on abortions as birth control. Who would have thought ?

There were just shy of 1 million abortions in 2021 compared to 3.7 million babies born. So, I guess I'm trying to make sense of what you stated. Is it that those 1 million unwanted babies were born, they'd negatively impact our country ? Interesting.

Supposedly the estimate of couples waiting to adopt babies is 2 million. Seems like these numbers would work out.
https://www.americanadoptions.com/pr...ptive_families

Old 08-05-2022, 09:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by quigboto View Post
I would normally agree with you, but it wasn't so long ago that we were being told that Roe wasn't in danger of being overturned since it was established precedent or the law of the land as it were.
I was one of them. And was surprised when it happened. Even though, the decision does put the power in the hands of the people, it certainly created a **** storm.

People really need to back up and look at the big picture. Now that it is in the hands of the states, and some states are against abortion, it seems like this would be a big win for the Democrats. And that is probably why it is being pushed so much by them. If this really is such an important issue, we will see red states flipping and see full Democratic control across the country, at least at the state level.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies