Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-31-2022, 11:50 AM

14,267 posts, read 6,956,122 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by berdee View Post
Nope. All he'd have to do is tell the D's and they'd make this quietly go away.
That would be like a plea deal. It's an analogy.

Old 08-31-2022, 11:53 AM

8,131 posts, read 4,328,096 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ansible90 View Post
That was a nice touch, thoughts and prayers.

The Trumpers seem to be running out of steam.
Thoughts and prayers is nothing but a facade for those who refuse to accept the TRUTH. No commingling of a thought process. Trumpers are running scared.

Old 08-31-2022, 11:54 AM

18,983 posts, read 9,075,608 times
Quote:
I'm not sure why you believe that. He broke the law. Going away quietly doesn't change that fact. What other criminal is allowed to "go away quietly" and have their crimes completely forgotten/forgiven?

Old 08-31-2022, 11:54 AM

28,353 posts, read 16,381,866 times
Apropos for far too many in this thread:

The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
― George Orwell, 1984

Like Giuliani said "Truth isn't truth.", and KellyAnne with "We have alternate facts!".

Old 08-31-2022, 11:55 AM

8,312 posts, read 3,927,691 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 04kL4nD View Post
Are people saying the photo is doctored/fake? I don't have time to read through this thread, but it seems like that's the only defense has other than having a traumatic brain injury...
With every new development, as more of this evidence comes to light - Trump apologists are getting pushed further and further onto an ever shakier limb. The pretzel logic to keep the whole fantastic structure in place gets wackier and more ridiculous with every passing day. But Trump has taught them well, they are no longer afraid to repeat even the most outrageous lies.

Old 08-31-2022, 11:56 AM

14,267 posts, read 6,956,122 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tillman7 View Post
Thoughts and prayers is nothing but a facade for those who refuse to accept the TRUTH. No commingling of a thought process.
Yes. The thoughts and prayers were offered to someone who is having difficulty accepting the truth. Maybe you missed the few posts leading up to that one.

Old 08-31-2022, 11:56 AM

7,293 posts, read 4,095,582 times
Quote:
Unknown sources and the feds...both of which had been known to lie when it comes to Trump. As I'd said, I'll wait until it's proven either way in court.
I don't believe that you would admit Trump's wrongdoing even if it was proven in court. You would say the court is corrupt.

Old 08-31-2022, 11:59 AM

7,824 posts, read 4,565,821 times
Quote:
That sounds a like he'd be attempting to commit obstruction of justice, something I'm confident we'll learn much more about in the coming days.

Old 08-31-2022, 12:00 PM

23,563 posts, read 12,535,636 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GearHeadDave View Post
Have no idea what that has to do with the point I was making and the question I asked.
It has to do with what I had posted that you had quoted and commented on. Maybe go back and reread what it was that I'd posted.

Quote:
The question is - if Trump is convicted in a court of law, are you prepared to accept that outcome? That was your statement, and I was pointing out that there will be many Trump followers that will never accept it. At least based on their fanatical behavior so far. Maybe you will follow the beat of your own drum if it happens, I was just curious.
If it's proven then I'll accept it...as I'd stated MANY times already over everything that y'all had thrown at him over the past few years. This time is no different.

Since we constantly have to prove ourselves to you, and proving oneself is rarely a two-way street with the left, then answer these questions:

IF he's proven innocent, are you prepared to accept that outcome?

IF he's proven innocent, and he later releases declassified information from the Crossfire Hurricane documents proving that some of the D's and some of those in the alphabet agencies and the media are corrupt, will you accept that?

Old 08-31-2022, 12:02 PM

8,312 posts, read 3,927,691 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AguaDulce View Post
I don't believe that you would admit Trump's wrongdoing even if it was proven in court. You would say the court is corrupt.
That's what I have been asking berdee but not getting an answer so far. That was my first guess based on the thinking of many hard-core Trump supporters like the ones that post here, but who knows, maybe some people aren't completely propagandized.

ABSOLUTELY I'd accept a finding of innocence, so you'd like to think that many Trump supporters would likewise accept a conviction in a court of law.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.