Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-10-2022, 08:16 AM

2,390 posts, read 1,101,566 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SWFL_Native View Post
She didn’t have to choose and has all the money in the world
Exactly.

She's over 40 ....had a good run...made tons of money...

It's time to bow out and let the younger players have their turn.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-10-2022, 08:20 AM

4,965 posts, read 3,391,094 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FordBronco1967 View Post
https://www.cnbc.com/2022/08/09/sere...box=1660064345

I truly hate to be so vulgar, but Moderator cut: then don’t be, please, Ms. Williams! You are a world renowned tennis champion, who holds many records and awards. Yet, you still find some way to be a victim...

Sigh.
What? SHE made the choice to be a mother who plays competetive tennis. She KNEW she'd have to be on the road. Jeezus.

Also, without bothering to look, is she also whining about the close to $100M dollars she made while on the road and how much more she might have made if she'd been a man?

Old 08-10-2022, 08:26 AM

1,711 posts, read 796,282 times
By giving birth in the prime of your life, you are choosing between your profession and your family. Also, as the mom once the baby comes tennis (or anything else comes second). Case in point, she hasn’t won a slam since having a baby.

The only player to still be dominant after having a baby was Margret Court in 1973.

Old 08-10-2022, 08:31 AM

25,674 posts, read 17,448,280 times
Quote:
Serena Williams: 'If I Were A Guy, I Wouldn’t’ Have To Choose Between Tennis And A Family'
Amor Fati, Serena. "Love your fate", the Stoics say.

That means you must recognize that sometimes your fate cannot change. It was simply dealt to you by God and nature, so you must embrace that part of your life and go forward from there. Serena is lucky to have those choices. There are many, many women who would love to have either choice.

Old 08-10-2022, 08:33 AM
gg

26,137 posts, read 26,077,384 times
It is amazing what the Democratic Party did to minorities in this country. They sure promoted victimization to the point of ridiculousness. Wonder if she knows how spoiled rotten and silly she sounds with her rant. Ahhhh, poor baby. So embarrassing really.

Old 08-10-2022, 08:37 AM

15,360 posts, read 12,688,860 times
Get out of your feels people. She isn’t talking about you little cubicle gig. She is talking about in the sports world where yes, most athletes “retire” around 40.

People in here have no idea the toll childbirth takes on a woman’s body.

Old 08-10-2022, 08:38 AM

1,177 posts, read 653,008 times
Lol, jeez some of you guys take things way too personal.

She is just stating a FACT. She is not moaning.

I'm sure people are criticizing that she isn't doing "as good" as she use to in tennis, so she's stating a fact in rebuttal that becoming pregnant, and giving birth affects your sporting life.

Tom Brady can throw a ball and be "on point" without the burden of pregnancy, giving birth, breast feeding, etc.

I get this sense that she is an easy target. A rich and confident woman of colour.

Tell you what, why don't you get pregnant, carry a baby for 9 months, shoot the baby out of your vagina, then get right back to a highly competitive sport.... then when you can do it for years, then you can get to criticize her.

Old 08-10-2022, 08:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gg View Post
It is amazing what the Democratic Party did to minorities in this country. They sure promoted victimization to the point of ridiculousness. Wonder if she knows how spoiled rotten and silly she sounds with her rant. Ahhhh, poor baby. So embarrassing really.
what makes you think she is a Dem? People this rich have no use for politics.

Old 08-10-2022, 08:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seguinite View Post
What? SHE made the choice to be a mother who plays competetive tennis. She KNEW she'd have to be on the road. Jeezus.

Also, without bothering to look, is she also whining about the close to $100M dollars she made while on the road and how much more she might have made if she'd been a man?
Did you hear her whine about her money?

You people just make stuff up, lol

Old 08-10-2022, 09:08 AM

3,091 posts, read 3,282,859 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HodgePodge View Post
She is just stating a FACT. She is not moaning.
Quote:
I don’t think it’s fair. If I were a guy, I wouldn’t be writing this because I’d be out there playing and winning while my wife was doing the physical labor of expanding our family.”
The first part of her statement would contradict your assertion that she is not moaning. Here Serena, I'll be your "not moaning" speech writer:

"It's a unique conundrum that women athletes face that the biologically driven desire to personally expand the family often runs counter to the personal desire to maximize one's athletic potential. Men are fortunate to not be impacted by these conflicting desires."
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies