Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-10-2022, 11:44 AM

16,560 posts, read 10,647,840 times

Advertisements

Serena Williams: 'If I Were A Guy, I Wouldn’t’ Have To Choose Between Tennis And A Family'

Bus Man: "If I were Serena Williams, I would be fabulously wealthy from having used my immense talent to become a tennis star." Oh well, life ain't fair.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-10-2022, 11:44 AM

1,701 posts, read 615,386 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2mares View Post
How do you see it as complaining. She wrote a piece about her retirement, and she was honest about her feelings. Everything she said about having to choose between career and family holds true for many women.
She admits that she dosent see leaving her career as all rainbows and skittles but that having another child what her family wants and that she wants to be all in. She describes it as an evolution. Nowhere is she talking about who brings what to the table. She is talking about being an athlete and having a family.

Why is it that when women are open and honest about their feeling and stating obvious facts they are demonized or called complainers and being the victim. When men speak openly about the sacrifices, they make they are hailed heroes, providers and protectors.

Would you have preferred she lied?

Women are very much at the mercy of their biology. Menstruation, pregnancy, birth, breastfeeding, and child rearing have kept women in a dependent and subjugated state since day one. It is what it is. Women have come a very, very long way since day one but our biology still limits what we can and cannot do.
That is not complaining, it is just stating facts. Why is that so threatening to you.

Just FYI, not all women feel the same about the capacity to grow, birth, and devote their lives to having children.
Men also have the capacity to create a child. Full stop, literally.
She literally said “it’s not fair”. I don’t know how you see that as anything other than complaining.

Most women get a ton of joy from rearing children. A man cannot experience that kind of joy. It is biologically impossible because we do not carry children. What is with the continued assault on women and motherhood from the left? It’s disturbing and twisted. It’s an attack on the human species itself.

Old 08-10-2022, 11:45 AM

43,142 posts, read 18,306,779 times
If she were a guy she'd still be too old and still not winning anymore.

Old 08-10-2022, 11:47 AM

36,543 posts, read 30,891,756 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newtovenice View Post
Which is how she makes money.

So she's basically claiming that her ability to make child support was interfered with. Since having a baby means she lost money.

Isn't that what men claim who have to pay child support? That they lose money?
What in the world are you talking about. She has money and she has started an investment business so no she dosent need tennis to make money and she isnt losing money by retiring. I dont know where the child support babbling came from.

Old 08-10-2022, 11:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TMSRetired View Post
Read commentaries from about 2020 on regarding her playing capacity......
In tennis years...40 is "dead".
I'm not saying thats not true. I'm saying she has no need to use wanting to have another child as an excuse and that she did not say that is the only reason she is retiring.

Old 08-10-2022, 11:55 AM

21,382 posts, read 7,956,917 times
Quote:
What in the world are you talking about. She has money and she has started an investment business so no she dosent need tennis to make money and she isnt losing money by retiring. I dont know where the child support babbling came from.
You were comparing the fact that men have no say in abortion to something or other.

So I was flipping it to show how she could claim she was unable to provide child support for herself, which means she is technically a man who is being 'docked' because go child support. Even though she's pregnant.

Just responding to a babbling post with more babbling.

Old 08-10-2022, 11:58 AM

3,080 posts, read 3,267,628 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
You all really seem to resent that she has been so successful and now struggles to give up her passion because having a baby and getting older makes it harder for her to maintain the professional standards she needs/wants.

Fascinating.
What's truly fascinating is that you claim that I am "resentful". Please show me where in this thread that one could take my comments as being "resentful". And how ironic that it is that you infer something from nothing I've explicitly stated, but yet have issue with those who might have inferred something from something that was actually explicitly stated by her.

Old 08-10-2022, 12:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Livinginwaterland View Post
She literally said “it’s not fair”. I don’t know how you see that as anything other than complaining.

Most women get a ton of joy from rearing children. A man cannot experience that kind of joy. It is biologically impossible because we do not carry children. What is with the continued assault on women and motherhood from the left? It’s disturbing and twisted. It’s an attack on the human species itself.
Well good grief its not. People say "its not fair all day long". It is not complaining especially if its true. Lots of things are not fair and just because we state them does not mean we dont understand and accept it is what it is.

How do you know most women get a ton of joy from rearing children? More and more women are foregoing motherhood these days.
I think you are mistaken that men dont experience the same joy being a parent that women do. That is actually quite sexist. A pregnancy is not what makes having a child joyful.

I'd guess most women would prefer to avoid the whole pregnancy and birth experience if they could. Fun times, heartburn, diarrhea, constipation, vomiting, cravings, food restrictions, weight gain, swelling, hemerobiids, stretch marks, saggy ****, gestational diabetes, preeclampsia, pain, episiotomy, PPD.

I'm not sure how you equate one woman expressing her feelings about the restraints and limitations pregnancy puts on her life an attack on women, motherhood and the human species. Oh well.

Old 08-10-2022, 12:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by newtovenice View Post
You were comparing the fact that men have no say in abortion to something or other.

So I was flipping it to show how she could claim she was unable to provide child support for herself, which means she is technically a man who is being 'docked' because go child support. Even though she's pregnant.

Just responding to a babbling post with more babbling.
No. I stated women get to decide to abort or not and compared that to the same biological reality of women interrupted due to pregnancy. And that both men and women complain about these biological realities.

Old 08-10-2022, 12:10 PM

21,382 posts, read 7,956,917 times
Quote:
Well good grief its not. People say "its not fair all day long". It is not complaining especially if its true. Lots of things are not fair and just because we state them does not mean we dont understand and accept it is what it is.

How do you know most women get a ton of joy from rearing children? More and more women are foregoing motherhood these days.
I think you are mistaken that men dont experience the same joy being a parent that women do. That is actually quite sexist. A pregnancy is not what makes having a child joyful.

I'd guess most women would prefer to avoid the whole pregnancy and birth experience if they could. Fun times, heartburn, diarrhea, constipation, vomiting, cravings, food restrictions, weight gain, swelling, hemerobiids, stretch marks, saggy ****, gestational diabetes, preeclampsia, pain, episiotomy, PPD.

I'm not sure how you equate one woman expressing her feelings about the restraints and limitations pregnancy puts on her life an attack on women, motherhood and the human species. Oh well.
On what basis? Where are you getting your information? That's one the most narcissistic statements I've ever seen.

Being pregnant and bringing life into the world is a miracle. It's THE most amazing thing a woman can do.

Literally growing and sustaining another human being. Incredible.

And you think it's a garbage experience??? Feminism 101. Debase motherhood at EVERY OPPORTUNITY.

Some posters need to get out of their social feedback loops. The feedback loops are presenting a perception of the world that is false.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies