Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-10-2022, 10:35 PM

32,080 posts, read 15,081,434 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilkHammer View Post
Talented tennis player. Garbage human being.
How is she a garbage human? Unless you know her personally what are you basing your opinion on.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-10-2022, 10:42 PM

33,315 posts, read 12,551,747 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FrankNSense View Post
As I said...perspective.

Someone who basically comes out and says the only reason they HAVE to make that choice is that they are not a man isn't content or grateful for what they have. They are looking for more. In her mind, if she was a man she could still compete and are only being forced to make that choice because she is a woman and want another child.
It doesn't mean that at all.

You're wrong.

Quote:
Honestly, if a man came out and said that they are glad that they can continue competing because the "woman" is the one who has to stay home and have the kids...they would be raked over the proverbial coals.
It's about the physicality of being pregnant and the physicality needed to be a top tennis player, not logistics re kids.

Quote:
[b[If she was truly content with her decision.[/b] Her comments would have been more along the lines of "I've had a great and amazing run as a professional athlete, but I feel it is time to retire so I can focus on my family".
You're moving the goalposts. The bolded is a different point/issue that your previous statementd.

Old 08-10-2022, 10:44 PM

24,650 posts, read 9,477,090 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
How is she a garbage human? Unless you know her personally what are you basing your opinion on.
Her ability to whine about the biology of having a child as she is forced to "retire" at 40. Her ability to routinely throw temper tantrums during every match if she starts losing. Naomi Osaka has far more class.

Old 08-10-2022, 10:46 PM

30,976 posts, read 21,655,075 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocko20 View Post
Her ability to whine about the biology of having a child as she is forced to "retire" at 40. Her ability to routinely throw temper tantrums during every match if she starts losing. Naomi Osaka has far more class.
I doubt that she did, but what if she voted for Trump both times?

Old 08-10-2022, 10:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by odjebi View Post
so what is she doing playing sport at 40 then

She was trying to tie and the pass Margaret Court for the most grand slam singles titles all time. If she wins her last tournament, the U.S. Open, she'll tie Margaret Court but, with her retirement, she'll never pass her, Serena currently has 23 grand slam singles titles, and Margaret Court retired with 24.

Old 08-10-2022, 10:59 PM

24,650 posts, read 9,477,090 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StillwaterTownie View Post
I doubt that she did, but what if she voted for Trump both times?
Her political affiliation is irrelevant. She is a professional whiner. No one forced her to have a baby, but she wants to whine that it stopped her from breaking records.

Quote:
"I had my chances after coming back from giving birth," she said. "I went from a C-section to a second pulmonary embolism to a grand slam final. I played while breastfeeding. I played through postpartum depression.
https://www.newsweek.com/serena-will...family-1732439

Old 08-10-2022, 11:05 PM

158 posts, read 44,024 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
first time ever in tennis is line judge treated by a tennis player ever. who threatened serena.

Old 08-10-2022, 11:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vector1 View Post
I am so glad she has come up short and will not tie the record for most slams. It is even better that she might have caused herself to miss the record by being a petulant self entitled narcissist, to where her mouth caused her to lose.
Then again, I never cared for the brat McEnroe either, acting the fool, and disrespecting the game, fans, and himself.
Both great talents to be sure, but I will not miss their attitudes and personalities.

I heard the announcement over the radio, and part of that announcement was that the U.S. Open will be her last tournament. If she manages to win, she will tie Margaret Court.

Old 08-10-2022, 11:09 PM

3,606 posts, read 1,661,049 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RMESMH View Post
Except she doesn't lack perspective. As moneil pointed out, her comment is an expression of reality. It has nothing to go with gratitude. If you really think she is ungrateful, then you haven't listened to her over the years, nor followed her career, nor followed tennis much. Not so much the last couple of years, but before that...she played with more joy/got more joy out of playing (it was written all over her face) than any pro I've ever seen, and I've been watching tennis since the 1960s, and played competitively when I was in my teens (in the 1970s).
Likewise...from another competitive tennis player back in the 80's. Haters will always be haters of the Williams sisters...they should really watch the movie "King Richard" to see how much adversity they had to overcome to become the best female tennis players in the world starting from the public tennis courts in Compton California.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&sour...I7zJI3IR_or1Q5

Old 08-10-2022, 11:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by newtovenice View Post
Just another article to degrade and debase motherhood. Feminism 101.

Trash femininity. Trash motherhood. Trash family.

Because work and money are ALWAYS more important than family.

Or it could be foreshadowing to her sex change. Is she planning on joining the TG crowd?

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies