Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-11-2022, 03:19 AM

24,651 posts, read 9,477,090 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RMESMH View Post
So if you enjoy your work, and it affords you enough financial success that you don't have to work, then it isn't work.
Correct, that’s called a hobby or passion.

Glad to educate you. The 20 year olds beating her silly are working trying to feed their families, she’s just passing time, upset that she won’t get another record.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-11-2022, 04:13 AM

11,804 posts, read 5,807,707 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
I don't think she wants you to feel bad for her.

She's stating a reality. We are so impressed with a Tom Brady who has been able to stay in the game for so long. And all along he has been able to father how many kids?

It is a biological thing and seemingly unfair to women who have the same desire to keep striving for number one in her sport.

She talked about how hard it was after her first child to get back into top form. She's older now and another pregnancy will set her back.

Don't see it as some kind of woe is me I'm a woman. See it as more of a I am a competitive athlete that has sto make sacrifices for my family.
BS - giving birth is a blessing. She's worth $250 million. Hire a surrogate or adopt if your career is more important than motherhood - quit playing the victim.

Old 08-11-2022, 04:52 AM

10,785 posts, read 4,356,071 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FordBronco1967 View Post
https://www.cnbc.com/2022/08/09/sere...box=1660064345

I truly hate to be so vulgar, but Moderator cut: then don’t be, please, Ms. Williams! You are a world renowned tennis champion, who holds many records and awards. Yet, you still find some way to be a victim...

Sigh.
I'm not sure if Serena has many records.
She hasn't won the most slams (Margaret Court has), and she hasn't had the best year (Steffi Graf has, won all 4 slams in 1988+Olympic Gold), and she hasn't been #1 for most weeks (Martina Navratilova has, and Graf has more than Serena too).

Old 08-11-2022, 04:55 AM

4,512 posts, read 4,048,891 times
Then surrogate?

Old 08-11-2022, 05:15 AM

7,977 posts, read 4,991,770 times
More whiny elitists complaining about how “unjust “ life is

Old 08-11-2022, 05:38 AM

14,483 posts, read 11,291,687 times
Having children is farrrrrrrr more important than being a tennis star. I cannot believe that this woman needs to be told that.

Old 08-11-2022, 06:11 AM

37,949 posts, read 17,882,153 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FordBronco1967 View Post
https://www.cnbc.com/2022/08/09/sere...box=1660064345

I truly hate to be so vulgar, but Moderator cut: then don’t be, please, Ms. Williams! You are a world renowned tennis champion, who holds many records and awards. Yet, you still find some way to be a victim...

Sigh.
If Serena was a guy, there is a much higher probability that she'd be in prison. That she'd be a victim of violence. She'd work longer hours and more dangerous jobs. She'd be less likely to have a degree and she'd do worse in school. More homeless people are men. Most that commit suicide are men. Most who die in wars are men.

Old 08-11-2022, 06:21 AM

4,858 posts, read 3,289,283 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Feltdesigner View Post
Did you hear her whine about her money?

You people just make stuff up, lol
No, I didn't. Which is why I asked the question. Maybe you should drag out your third grade reading comprehension book and review it.

Old 08-11-2022, 06:22 AM

24,502 posts, read 17,255,259 times
UGH... If she really wants a family and tennis then she could always adopt.

She has so much money she can do whatever she wants.

Poor Serena.... How about all the women out there that do not make Millions of dollars that have had to work jobs just to put food on the table?

Maybe Serena will join forces with that purple haired soccer "girl" that demands that women be paid the same as men regardless that their sport only brings in a fraction of what the men's team does in revenue.. Get on board with her and maybe they can force their sports organizations to pay for maternity leave and pensions??

Old 08-11-2022, 07:37 AM

36,545 posts, read 30,891,756 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newtovenice View Post
Your point: Pregnancy is horrific and most women would avoid it since it is so horrendous.

My point: Pregnancy is an amazing miracle of life and a wonderful benefit of being female.

Let's poll a hundred women. I think you will be knocked down on your @zz shocked that they don't share the narcissistic view that pregnancy should be avoided because of stretch marks and constipation. Oh the horror.
Stop putting words in my mouth. That is not what I said.
Every womans pregnancy is unique to her. Women have different experiences and view their pregnancies differently. I'm not sure why some facts of pregnancy threaten you so. There is nothing wrong with admitting them, talking about them or even joking about them.
The point is whether pregnancy is horrific to you, wonderful to you or insignificant to you there are changes and issues your body goes through and those changes impose limitations in some aspects of our lives. For an athlete in her 40's those limitations are greater than the average woman.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies