Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-11-2022, 09:51 AM

43,142 posts, read 18,298,681 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2mares View Post
I'm sure her age has a lot to do with it. Forty-one is on the older side although a few have lasted until 46-47. She has also had health issues. So yes, wanting to have another child seals the deal. I'm sure she is not the only athlete that has had regrets of having to let go.
Several regretted not going out sooner on a high note.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-11-2022, 10:31 AM

18,472 posts, read 15,262,903 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2mares View Post
I didnt think of that option. I wonder if she and her husband had discussed this.
I guess first her husband would have to agree. Then they would have to find a surrogate. I'm not sure how common it is to use a surrogate for convenience just because you dont want to be pregnant. It is generally for those who can not carry a pregnancy but I guess if you have enough money anything is possible.

Actually, reading her article from which this thread is based if you jump back an article, she did enjoy being and describes herself as very hands on. Also having another child was not the only reason she decided to retire. It might have given her another year but at 41 her days were numbered anyway.
Different states have different laws on surrogacy. California is one of the most lenient states in the county, and there are agencies where people from all over the world find surrogates, for no other reason than pregnancy does not fit their lifestyle. All you need is money.

So, if she wants a more "hands on" pregnancy, then that is a choice she is making, not something forced on her by her gender.

Old 08-11-2022, 10:43 AM

588 posts, read 225,457 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FordBronco1967 View Post
https://www.cnbc.com/2022/08/09/sere...box=1660064345

I truly hate to be so vulgar, but Moderator cut: then don’t be, please, Ms. Williams! You are a world renowned tennis champion, who holds many records and awards. Yet, you still find some way to be a victim...

Sigh.
Maybe she should fully complete her transition to a guy and pick up the wonderful benefits of being a dude.

Old 08-11-2022, 10:48 AM

36,539 posts, read 30,891,756 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocko20 View Post
Her political affiliation is irrelevant. She is a professional whiner. No one forced her to have a baby, but she wants to whine that it stopped her from breaking records.

Quote:
"I had my chances after coming back from giving birth," she said. "I went from a C-section to a second pulmonary embolism to a grand slam final. I played while breastfeeding. I played through postpartum depression.
https://www.newsweek.com/serena-will...family-1732439

"I had my chances after coming back from giving birth," she said. "I went from a C-section to a second pulmonary embolism to a grand slam final. I played while breastfeeding. I played through postpartum depression."
This is whining?^^^^^Professional whining?

She went on to say:"I played while breastfeeding. I played through postpartum depression. But I didn't get there. Shoulda, woulda, coulda.

"I didn't show up the way I should have or could have. But I showed up 23 times, and that's fine. Actually it's extraordinary. But these days, if I have to choose between building my tennis résumé and building my family, I choose the latter."

Old 08-11-2022, 11:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ralph_Kirk View Post
"...it's not fair" is a complaint.
And she also said she enjoyed being pregnant and that she is an all-in, hands on mother and that she chose to try pregnancy again over her career and is fine with that. She can be happy about the prospect of another baby/pregnancy also have feelings of sadness for leaving her career now and she can also think biological realities are unfair. People can have multiple feelings at the same time, they are not mutually exclusive.

Old 08-11-2022, 11:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocko20 View Post
Correct, that’s called a hobby or passion.

Glad to educate you. The 20 year olds beating her silly are working trying to feed their families, she’s just passing time, upset that she won’t get another record.
My niece is a nurse. She LOVES her work, its her passion. So nursing is a hobby, not a job?

Old 08-11-2022, 11:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Joshua View Post
Having children is farrrrrrrr more important than being a tennis star. I cannot believe that this woman needs to be told that.
Mr. Joshua, did you quit your career to gestate and birth children?

Old 08-11-2022, 11:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry Hemi View Post
Actually they are calling her a "complaining, moaning, whining ingrate" because they need to put her down to make themselves feel better. Allegedly grown folks that wont comprehend what they read with the mentality of high schoolers. Shame really.
I agree. Continually bringing up her finances and accomplishments seem like a bit of jealousy to me. I actually read her article and there is nothing about victimhood, or finances or family time as she has already handled the balance of pregnancy/parenting and career. She is just being honest about her feelings of choosing to give up her passion at this time and moving on in her life.

Old 08-11-2022, 11:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Livinginwaterland View Post
Since it sounds like you have read the entire article and are an expert on it. Please tell us exactly what her point was.
I have done that throughout this thread. You can lead a horse to water but you cant make it drink. Better yet why dont you actually read the article.

Old 08-11-2022, 11:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TMSRetired View Post
Several regretted not going out sooner on a high note.
Which ones? Have you compared interviews/articles.
I am amazed that uttering the word unfair has so many people's knickers in a bunch. Other than that word, talking about her family and her other endeavors seem to be on a high note to me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies