Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-10-2022, 09:10 AM

3,084 posts, read 3,270,685 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feltdesigner View Post
People this rich have no use for politics.
Wow, it's been a long time since I read a statement rooted so far from reality.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-10-2022, 09:13 AM

36,588 posts, read 30,921,073 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Livinginwaterland View Post
She is absolutely moaning and groaning about being a woman and what that means. Men could do the same thing about sacrifices they make.

The liberals on this board responding that Serena is not complaining, typify what is wrong with the left. You all see the glass half full for everything related to the genders (mostly females) instead of admiring and appreciating what both men and women bring to the table.

Women are not victims of their biology! They are gifted with the most amazing capacity in the world. Full stop.
How do you see it as complaining. She wrote a piece about her retirement, and she was honest about her feelings. Everything she said about having to choose between career and family holds true for many women.
She admits that she dosent see leaving her career as all rainbows and skittles but that having another child what her family wants and that she wants to be all in. She describes it as an evolution. Nowhere is she talking about who brings what to the table. She is talking about being an athlete and having a family.

Why is it that when women are open and honest about their feeling and stating obvious facts they are demonized or called complainers and being the victim. When men speak openly about the sacrifices, they make they are hailed heroes, providers and protectors.

Would you have preferred she lied?

Women are very much at the mercy of their biology. Menstruation, pregnancy, birth, breastfeeding, and child rearing have kept women in a dependent and subjugated state since day one. It is what it is. Women have come a very, very long way since day one but our biology still limits what we can and cannot do.
That is not complaining, it is just stating facts. Why is that so threatening to you.

Just FYI, not all women feel the same about the capacity to grow, birth, and devote their lives to having children.
Men also have the capacity to create a child. Full stop, literally.

Old 08-10-2022, 09:14 AM

30,663 posts, read 18,282,617 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Feltdesigner View Post
what makes you think she is a Dem? People this rich have no use for politics.
Serena is a Jehovah's Witness who doesn't vote (although she said that she would have voted for Obama if she did vote), but if you watch Being Serena on HBO, it is clear where her politics lay.

Old 08-10-2022, 09:21 AM

8,016 posts, read 5,869,580 times
I think she's crazy bitter about not being able to get those final two Grand Slam titles so she would be the all-time leader.

The reality is she is far too old to be competing against teenagers, or even ladies in their early 20's. Serena has not been in peak condition since prior to giving birth, and is carrying far too much weight to compete at the level you need to to win a Grand Slam event.

The good news for Serena is that the USTA did not test for steroids during her prime BECAUSE SHE WAS ONE OF THREE PLAYERS WHO LOBBIED AGAINST IT at the time.

Her reasoning? "We don't need to test for steroids because women don't take steroids." Oh, ok. I think I hear the East German women's swim team asking me to hold their beer.

Old 08-10-2022, 09:22 AM

21,382 posts, read 7,964,394 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2mares View Post
How do you see it as complaining. She wrote a piece about her retirement, and she was honest about her feelings. Everything she said about having to choose between career and family holds true for many women.
She admits that she dosent see leaving her career as all rainbows and skittles but that having another child what her family wants and that she wants to be all in. She describes it as an evolution. Nowhere is she talking about who brings what to the table. She is talking about being an athlete and having a family.

Why is it that when women are open and honest about their feeling and stating obvious facts they are demonized or called complainers and being the victim. When men speak openly about the sacrifices, they make they are hailed heroes, providers and protectors.

Would you have preferred she lied?

Women are very much at the mercy of their biology. Menstruation, pregnancy, birth, breastfeeding, and child rearing have kept women in a dependent and subjugated state since day one. It is what it is. Women have come a very, very long way since day one but our biology still limits what we can and cannot do.
That is not complaining, it is just stating facts. Why is that so threatening to you.

Just FYI, not all women feel the same about the capacity to grow, birth, and devote their lives to having children.
Men also have the capacity to create a child. Full stop, literally.
Feminism 101.

HATE HATE HATE being a woman. It's just so limiting. And horrible. And being able to give birth isn't a miracle it's a total con job. What a waste for women to give birth. It's just so detrimental and humiliating.

Guess what? Women can now become men. Chop off the breasts. Get your ovaries and uterus removed. Grow a beard and BAM you too can avoid and eliminate all that inherent biological nastiness of being a women.

Who needs it? [sarcasm]

Our society is sick, sick, sick when debasing femininity is viewed as empowerment.

Old 08-10-2022, 09:24 AM

30,297 posts, read 23,777,638 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
I don't think she wants you to feel bad for her.

She's stating a reality. We are so impressed with a Tom Brady who has been able to stay in the game for so long. And all along he has been able to father how many kids?

It is a biological thing and seemingly unfair to women who have the same desire to keep striving for number one in her sport.

She talked about how hard it was after her first child to get back into top form. She's older now and another pregnancy will set her back.

Don't see it as some kind of woe is me I'm a woman. See it as more of a I am a competitive athlete that has sto make sacrifices for my family.
Then get a surrogate. Problem resolved, no more whining.

Old 08-10-2022, 09:31 AM

50,390 posts, read 64,083,206 times
I believe what she said was, she didn’t want to play competitive tennis while pregnant again. It makes perfect sense to me, and at her age it’s probably past time to hang it up anyway.

I applaud her for living a balanced life and putting her family first.

Old 08-10-2022, 09:32 AM

38,014 posts, read 22,193,086 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FordBronco1967 View Post
https://www.cnbc.com/2022/08/09/sere...box=1660064345

I truly hate to be so vulgar, but Moderator cut: then don’t be, please, Ms. Williams! You are a world renowned tennis champion, who holds many records and awards. Yet, you still find some way to be a victim...

Sigh.
This just illustrates how important virtue signalling, and scoring SJW points is to these people. Even President Obama, a man who has achieved more in his life than a half billion in one, could ever achieve, and yet he and his wife have been routinely whining about being black.

i have said this before, these people are sick. no matter how much they achieve, or how privileged and mollycoddles their are in life, they will always look in the mirror and only see the face of a poor victimized black person staring back at them.

What kind of message to they think this sends to young people? Do they even care what affect it has on people's lives, when the most accomplished in our world project weakness and hopelessness, and wallow in victim hood like this?

Old 08-10-2022, 09:40 AM

50,391 posts, read 47,131,977 times
She should be glad she's exiting women's tennis before trans men take over. Had this happened 20 years ago she wouldn't have made a dime in game of tennis. No one would even know she exists.

Old 08-10-2022, 09:40 AM

36,588 posts, read 30,921,073 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by austinnerd View Post
The first part of her statement would contradict your assertion that she is not moaning. Here Serena, I'll be your "not moaning" speech writer:

"It's a unique conundrum that women athletes face that the biologically driven desire to personally expand the family often runs counter to the personal desire to maximize one's athletic potential. Men are fortunate to not be impacted by these conflicting desires."
Is there a difference in the two statements?
You are just substituting unique conundrum for its not fair. Is intent defined by one's level of refined communication or writing style?

Is it fair one has to make a difficult choice between equally desirable decisions based on gender and one does not?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies