Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-14-2022, 07:23 AM

14,267 posts, read 6,956,122 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icy Tea View Post
Obama never recorded 300,000 documents he took with him when he left and Hillary destroyed 30,000 emails illegally.
They have the Hunter Biden laptop which incriminates Joe.. Seems like Hillary Obama and Biden should have raids sent against them.
What does Hunters illusive laptop have to so with Trump declassifying documents?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-14-2022, 07:24 AM

14,267 posts, read 6,956,122 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocko20 View Post
Bingo, we have a winner.
It seems you never had a security clearance either.

Old 08-14-2022, 07:33 AM

28,353 posts, read 16,381,866 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ansible90 View Post
How would anyone else know a document was automagically declassified if it still has a classified stamp on it?

Let's not be dumb about this. A doc can't be declassified just because he said so. It has to be re-marked so others will know.
Exactly. The President can declassify most things at will - things that are classified via federal statute cannot be declassed by the President.

He must document which things are being declassified in a memo. Those declassified documents must be re-marked to reflect the appropriate classification.

Documents that are still marked with classification headers must be handled in the manner appropriate to those markings.

Old 08-14-2022, 07:59 AM

35,702 posts, read 21,054,375 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by prospectheightsresident View Post
What this will come down to is whether Trump declassified the documents and who actually removed the documents (for liability purposes). I don't even know the process for the president to formally declassify documents. Is it a simple "they are declassified" statement or is something more required? I don't know. I've seen procedures for general original classification authorities to declassify documents, but never for the president.
There are instructions on how to classify and un-classifying materials or documents. It’s not “ I just said so”. There’s a very stringent process. Be happy there is one, for our national security. But even if Trump had the authority to do so, he still had to follow procedures. It’s the law. Also certain docs must be stored at the National Archives Ctr. I also understand he had in his possession documents that must only be read or seen in a SCIF room. A guarded sealed room with no phones, cameras etc. Allowed. The man thinks he is king and his followers want everyone else to follow the law but them and Trump. Hypocrites. I hope he gets arrested. Enough already.

Old 08-14-2022, 08:07 AM

35,702 posts, read 21,054,375 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ansible90 View Post
It seems you never had a security clearance either.
I did and I handled archiving documents and understand the protocols. I also know what a SCIF room is. He’s not above the law.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies