Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-19-2022, 03:19 PM

20,346 posts, read 19,934,560 times

Advertisements

Hey OP, post this in the NYC forum and the naysayers will attack you like hungry cockroaches.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-19-2022, 03:21 PM

11,502 posts, read 6,016,021 times
Meh. They voted for it by voting Democrat. Start voting in Republican AG and DAs who will prosecuted these crimes, rather than coddle criminals.

How many people renting in that neighborhood even live there, or do they snowbird winter?

Old 08-19-2022, 03:51 PM

33,316 posts, read 12,540,890 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Igor Blevin View Post
Meh. They voted for it by voting Democrat. Start voting in Republican AG and DAs who will prosecuted these crimes, rather than coddle criminals.

How many people renting in that neighborhood even live there, or do they snowbird winter?
My house is in one of the most self identifying as conservative counties in Texas…Montgomery County. It is adjacent to Harris county, the third most populous county in the U.S,, which includes Houston.

A creek (Spring Creek) divides the two counties, and I-45 (which goes north to Dallas) crosses the creek.

On the Montgomery County side of the creek, on the east side, essentially the first thing there us the ‘new’ (only a few years old, and built for them) location of Northside Lexus.

A few feet beyond the edge of the dealership is this billboard:

https://www.yourconroenews.com/neigh...photo-22497122

Reading:

“Criminals: This is Montgomery County

WE FUND LAW ENFORCEMENT

We Prosecute.

(Signed) County Judge - Mark J. Keough”

He’s paying for it ($8,000 per month) out of his campaign fund (donations), so we taxpayers aren’t paying for the sign.

He thinks the crime is coming from Harris County.

Old 08-19-2022, 04:24 PM

5,521 posts, read 8,775,164 times
I really wish folks would leave us city folks and for once pay attention to the crime in small conservative, and rural communities, which is pretty damn bad.

Drug use:
https://consumer.healthday.com/8-16-...657850927.html

Murder:
The Rural Blog: Many rural counties are still reeling from pandemic-driven increases in murder and other violent crimes

Rape:
https://www.ruralhealthinfo.org/topi...ence-and-abuse

So many on the right believe that crime is only a big problem in big cities with Democratic mayors. Murder, mayhem, mass shootings, drug use, rapes, can and do happen everywhere. They're easy to see in crowded big cities. But just because there's less media and less visibility out in the boonies and MAGA land does't mean it's not happening there as well. It is.

Old 08-19-2022, 06:44 PM

37,223 posts, read 19,219,451 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovecrowds View Post
They can afford $62,000+ a year and reside in a neighborhood with more problems than many third-world countries.

https://www.zumper.com/rent-research/new-york-ny

https://www.foxnews.com/us/new-yorks...e-neighborhood
It’s good to know New York has managed to make a comeback. I was worried the whole place was shot when they ran the hookers and drugs and peep shows out of Times Square. It was ruined for a long time.

Old 08-20-2022, 03:43 PM

20,346 posts, read 19,934,560 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cuebald View Post
It’s good to know New York has managed to make a comeback. I was worried the whole place was shot when they ran the hookers and drugs and peep shows out of Times Square. It was ruined for a long time.
Exactly! When I want to score drugs, squirt in a peepshow or pick up a dirty leg I want to travel to a place that accommodates that, not have that anywhere near my back yard.

If you're an Asian, watch yo' ass, lol.

Old 08-21-2022, 11:26 AM

88,605 posts, read 84,838,467 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cuebald View Post
That was funny!

I worked on 42nd and 8th from '79 - '81. The transformation was in the planning stages then. Jackie Onassis was spearheading the 42nd St. Redevelopment Corp.

I recently watched the Netflix documentary "The Times Square Killer" about serial killer Richard Cottingham. There was tons of footage of TS and 42nd Street the way it was back then. You might enjoy it for the trip down memory lane.

Old 08-21-2022, 11:45 AM

8,697 posts, read 11,086,262 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by doc1 View Post
Hey OP, post this in the NYC forum and the naysayers will attack you like hungry cockroaches.
nah not true. Most of the NYC forum posters are a bit conservative. Most can’t stand the liberal policies

Old 08-21-2022, 08:04 PM

17,874 posts, read 15,957,807 times
If the rent is that high, then the QOL is not that bad. Therefore this is sensationalism at its best

Im in Chelsea all the time. My company has property in the heart of it. You wont notice anything stated in the OP.

Old 08-22-2022, 03:49 AM

4,783 posts, read 3,301,646 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NJ Brazen_3133 View Post
If the rent is that high, then the QOL is not that bad. Therefore this is sensationalism at its best

Im in Chelsea all the time. My company has property in the heart of it. You wont notice anything stated in the OP.
From what I am hearing it is pretty much confined to one block on 8th, and is centered around the adult book store.
I think NYC and the Chelsea neighborhood needs to lure Officer Avery (Sean) back. He would clean it up. LOL!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ubH6etBOwe0
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies