Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-22-2022, 05:32 PM

3,971 posts, read 4,041,647 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MendoMan View Post
wait til the Democrat controlled congress reappropriates the welfare that Texas receives annually to cover the costs of these immigrants.

A political stunt that cost the residents of Texas.

The Democrat controlled state Assembly voted for this. They pushed for illegals to have access to state and local services. Complaints should be toward the Assembly.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-22-2022, 05:34 PM

23,177 posts, read 12,227,909 times
Quote:
wait til the Democrat controlled congress reappropriates the welfare that Texas receives annually to cover the costs of these immigrants.

What costs? I thought these illegals were supposed to be so net positive?

Old 08-22-2022, 05:49 PM

6,813 posts, read 9,361,187 times
Democrats generally try to prioritize illegal aliens over average, regular US Citizens, so I’m not surprised by any of this. It’s really nothing new.

Old 08-22-2022, 05:50 PM

41,016 posts, read 18,218,646 times
Love Abbott! Keep sending them, and don’t forget about other Dems states, especially Delaware.

Old 08-22-2022, 05:51 PM

25,960 posts, read 22,132,993 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DorianRo View Post
They're living better than Americans. Yeesh. Who can afford a $20 pizza nevermind $700 a night hotel stays
Add the free emergency medical care, urgent care and cash to tide them over until they get asylum! They were putting them up in hotels in KS during COVID, because so many lived in each house that they couldn't segregate the sick from those not sick.

Quote:

A political stunt that cost the residents of Texas.
That doesn't make any sense. These are not residents of TX or even the United States. Unless they are forced at gunpoint, obviously, Biden thinks they should travel the country freely, so why not take a bus to NYC if offered? Early voting starts in about 2 months, so...........

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluesjuke View Post
" Governor Abbott's express bus service to NYC surges, as NYC announces $700 per night hotel rooms for migrants!"

Migrants?

If I broke into someone's home I doubt I would be called a "visitor".
Migrants are people who come in the country legally, generally have jobs or sponsors waiting for them, thus they don't need $700 hotel rooms!

So, if I come into your house, can't I just plant a flag and you'll set me and my family up with everything we need? I hope you have a lot of room, as when you extend this kindness, I have a few more relatives that will be coming along soon. Oh, don't forget our free medical care and cash allowance until we can get settled elsewhere.

Quote:
Originally Posted by saltine View Post
Yeah, instead of reappropriating for 2,000,000, it'll be a mere pittance for 1,997,000 since 3,000 have been bussed east.
And theyre throwing a wing ding. Lol love it. Send more, 100,000 more yes. Great work Abbott
Exactly! AZ should do the same thing! ***The upside is that once some plant themselves in an area, their relatives follow or crime buddies, so they'll be going to NYC too! Keep them moving as KS has more than what we need, our deadbeat and criminal quotas are full!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Wolves In Snow View Post
but only give needles to the homeless.

They "want a better life" too. Where's their $700 hotel rooms and $20 pizzas, lefties? You should tax the crap out of those who make more than $100,000 per year, in your blue states. No one "needs" that much money or buying power. Do it for the childrenâ„¢.
Yes, about 500,000 Americans are homeless, and many wait for government housing, while illegals with anchor babies step in front of them, as having children puts them at the top of the list.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
I guess this is what passes as a solution to illegal immigration.
The solution is to move them to Washington DC, or move the Democrats out of Congress and the WH.

Quote:
Originally Posted by carnivalday View Post
You're comparing a couple thousand illegals to millions that Texas has coming in? Nice math.
That is "liberal" math, not the kind you learned in school.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
No, it makes a point with our government. Texas is sick of feeding and housing these illegals let them see what it's like. They are crying already.
Wouldn't it be great if CA were shipping their illegals out of the state too? Yeah, zero chance of that, I know.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OpenRider View Post
Abbott is forcing the Dems to face the reality of the border crisis. If he wasn't sending them up on buses the Democrat mayors and governors would just continue to ignore the border issue since they don't have to deal with it. Well now it's hitting them in the face. As more & more citizens see those costs they're going to be outraged. As they should be.
When the problem is on one's front doorstep, it gets a little more attention!

Quote:
Originally Posted by oceangaia View Post
What costs? I thought these illegals were supposed to be so net positive?
Good one! Cash assistance, free emergency and urgent care to include child birth, etc. for millions of nothing more than illegal invaders coming for freebies. Unemployment is low, many people refuse to go back to work, since they got a taste of sitting at home drawing a check,, so we don't need economic illegals for anything. We have the work force, and we have more than enough mooches that are citizens to fill that quota!

Old 08-22-2022, 06:00 PM

16,603 posts, read 8,619,550 times
He needs to send them to other places like Martha's Vineyard, Kennebunkport, and any and every ultra-leftist area where they say, "do as I say, not as I do".

Old 08-22-2022, 06:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vector1 View Post
He needs to send them to other places like Martha's Vineyard, Kennebunkport, and any and every ultra-leftist area where they say, "do as I say, not as I do".
Excellent ideas

Old 08-22-2022, 06:04 PM

2,518 posts, read 2,059,243 times
well, if the $700/night hotels in NYC are too much, just let them sleep in the bus stations and alleys like the homeless. According to this website, there are 80,000 homeless in NYC:
https://www.bowery.org/homelessness/

why should we treat illegal immigrants any better than we treat our own (assumedly legit/valid) homeless citizens?

you could also drop them off on the NY governors and mayor's house? Oh, AOC! DEFINITELY send them to AOC's house!

Old 08-22-2022, 06:25 PM

2,912 posts, read 1,249,675 times
If President Trump decides not to run, how about a DeSantis / Abbott ticket?

The hypocrisy from the Dems is laughable. This is the pure definition of 'nimby.'

Old 08-22-2022, 06:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilkHammer View Post
If President Trump decides not to run, how about a DeSantis / Abbott ticket?

The hypocrisy from the Dems is laughable. This is the pure definition of 'nimby.'
Would be fabulous
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies