Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-29-2022, 06:49 AM

23,564 posts, read 17,237,701 times

Advertisements

Got her a degree which taught her nothing.

Move to FL, save more money.

No child support?

surely with corporations being mandated to hire protected species, her job outlook is positive.

If she works for a university, doesn't that U allow her children to attend college for free. Many colleges allow children of employees to attend for free. Pick one and work there.

Story sounds contrived or this person needs counseling in both finances and life.

Another story of CA doing so well financially and somehow, no one can afford to live there.

Old 08-29-2022, 06:55 AM

29,503 posts, read 14,663,209 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suburban_Guy View Post
Another in an endless series of stories about entitled people who feel their student loans should all be forgiven, regardless of the circumstances.

The lady in this case appeared to take out additional loans on top of the original loans, in order to stop payment as a form of protest? Whatever that means.

I would not be surprised if she used some of that money to fund her personal expenses and lifestyle all those years and now wants to be forgiven of all of it. Ludicrous beyond words.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/feels-ens...175012016.html
A perfect example of what poor choices can result in. I went through the article, and am curious, what profession is Dr. Brooks in ? What is her salary ? And what kind of idiocracy is continuing to rack up debt , as a form of protest ? And this individual has a Doctorial degree ?! What a complete and total waste of money and time, for her.

Old 08-29-2022, 06:59 AM

2,047 posts, read 858,480 times
These college students these days are NOT just getting student loans to pay for their books and tuition and stuff. They are getting loans to affectively live completely free of any obligation to work or provide for themselves even during the summer months, during breaks, and so forth. Even to the point of paying for their food costs. It’s just absolutely ludicrous but these people think that I should pay for their student debt.

I worked two jobs through most of 4 1/2 years of going to college. And I worked two full-time jobs every summer and saved every penny. So that during the school year I could work a little less and focus on school. It was a long, grueling four years of life. But when I graduated I owed exactly $8000 and I paid that off within a few months. So tell me, rationally, some lazy Pot smoking Career college student who doesn’t want to actually work and just keeps taking loan after loan even during the summer, why the hell should I pay off their debt? Many of these people still don’t work. They got their degrees and they still don’t want to work.

Old 08-29-2022, 07:02 AM

8,059 posts, read 3,947,393 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crone View Post
Are student loans like credit card interest or a fixed rate mortgage?

I do not understand how people who cannot do simple arithmetic can get into college.
Quote:
Originally Posted by scarabchuck View Post
A perfect example of what poor choices can result in. I went through the article, and am curious, what profession is Dr. Brooks in ? What is her salary ? And what kind of idiocracy is continuing to rack up debt , as a form of protest ? And this individual has a Doctorial degree ?! What a complete and total waste of money and time, for her.
She's a school principal in South Los Angeles... holy intersectionality, Batman!

Old 08-29-2022, 07:08 AM

23,861 posts, read 24,119,613 times
She borrowed over $200k to become a teacher? She's not smart enough to be teaching kids. She's not even smart enough to navigate her own life, apparently. She should have nothing whatsoever to do with the development and education of other people's kids.

If you borrow a quarter million and your goal is a $50k/year job, you're too stupid to gain anything from college. Save your money and just go get a $50k/year job that doesn't require a degree.

Old 08-29-2022, 07:10 AM

7,364 posts, read 3,824,451 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultor View Post
She's a school principal in South Los Angeles... holy intersectionality, Batman!
Those poor kids.

It's unfortunate that kids from poorer areas have such poor role models and are taught from an early age that they are victims.

Old 08-29-2022, 07:15 AM

Quote:
Thanks, just looked up what a principal in LA makes, I found $127k. Wow, wonder if her intention was for that position or if she ended up there because she had the credentials for it and needed a job ? Either way, it's pretty scary that this person is responsible for the education of children.

Old 08-29-2022, 07:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by swagger View Post
She borrowed over $200k to become a teacher? She's not smart enough to be teaching kids. She's not even smart enough to navigate her own life, apparently. She should have nothing whatsoever to do with the development and education of other people's kids.

If you borrow a quarter million and your goal is a $50k/year job, you're too stupid to gain anything from college. Save your money and just go get a $50k/year job that doesn't require a degree.
Well, one would think that, but not a lot of people these days seem to utilize any form or logic or common sense.

Old 08-29-2022, 07:27 AM

24,502 posts, read 17,245,671 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigger84Ag View Post
If you sign for a loan it should be paid back. What is next free home because the mortgage is too much. All mortgage debt should be wiped out. Free vehicle..when does personal responsibility happen.

Personal Responsibility in this country is losing to Self Entitlement.

How many times have we seen criminals caught in the act, caught on video with a mountain of evidence against them and they plead Not Guilty in court? How about all the criminals that are caught by cops in the act and they throw a nutty and resist arrest?

The Left has become soft on crime to the point that in some cities you can shoplift up to $900 per day and not get arrested.

We also have MILLIONS of people that willingly broke our Immigration Laws and they are being handed everything they need to set themselves up in this their new country.

These criminals are being given handouts so why not non criminals that just want their debt erased?

If people are not held responsible for their criminal behavior then why should they pay back their loan?

The thing is when does all this end?

If Biden pays off the student loans from yesterday what about the students that are about to graduate?

Old 08-29-2022, 07:29 AM

52,697 posts, read 34,572,254 times
Quote:
but that still doesn't pay enough for the 'comfortable lifestye' she became accustomed to thanks to the loans she refuses to repay.

Quote:
She works as a principal in South Los Angeles, a career which she adores, but she often has to have a side hustle to live comfortably.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies