Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-29-2022, 10:01 AM

16,603 posts, read 8,622,620 times

Advertisements

I note how she used the term "enslavement" hoping this will tug at the bleeding heart guilty white liberals, and be a form of "reparations" in their warped minds.

Old 08-29-2022, 10:02 AM

18,463 posts, read 8,292,857 times
so they gave her a loan......because it would be racist to not give her a loan

...and now it's racist because she has to pay it back

Obama's going to pay my mortgage

Old 08-29-2022, 10:05 AM

29,507 posts, read 14,668,503 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vector1 View Post
I note how she used the term "enslavement" hoping this will tug at the bleeding heart guilty white liberals, and be a form of "reparations" in their warped minds.
You know it. I'm surprised they didn't slip the word "oppressed" in there as well.

Old 08-29-2022, 10:08 AM

37,981 posts, read 22,167,958 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FrankNSense View Post
Baby Steps...Baby Steps...Baby Steps...

Anyone who thinks that the Progressives were going to stop at 10K in forgiveness is just being naive. If Biden's EO passes the inevitable court challenges, expect additional rounds of forgiveness. It will be a case of no loan left behind. As I am sure that there are a few people with 800K in loans that need forgiveness too.

If this somehow goes through Congress again, they won't go with Baby Steps, the Progressives will go full court press because they know after January it isn't going to happen. If it ends up after November, a Lame Duck Congress can be a very dangerous thing if a party has the majority and Presidency, and a goal to pass every Progressive bill you can imagine.
Biden might try to do this anyway, even if he is 100% sure the courts will strike it down, after the fact.

Let's be real, if Biden is somehow able to slip in a $600 billion college loan forgiveness, does anyone think that two years later, a court will say Biden exceeded his authority as president, and demand it be reversed and suddenly $600 billion in debt is handed down to the those people?

Old 08-29-2022, 10:22 AM

19,848 posts, read 12,113,717 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocko20 View Post
She racked up $200K+ of debt and isn’t a dentist or a doctor, that man dodged a bullet.

Stop! She is a doctor, just like our first lady.

Old 08-29-2022, 10:37 AM

573 posts, read 260,715 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suburban_Guy View Post
Another in an endless series of stories about entitled people who feel their student loans should all be forgiven, regardless of the circumstances.

The lady in this case appeared to take out additional loans on top of the original loans, in order to stop payment as a form of protest? Whatever that means.

I would not be surprised if she used some of that money to fund her personal expenses and lifestyle all those years and now wants to be forgiven of all of it. Ludicrous beyond words.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/feels-ens...175012016.html
(see her shirt...that tells me all i need to know). She's a Black Feminists Con-Artist (a dreamer...couldn't see the truth if she tripped over it).

She wants her kids to be an Anesthesiologist....and the other a Computer Engineer (why not let those kids decide what they want)???
____Sounds like 'She wants the Tax-payers to pay for her kids schooling'----She Entitled an Black Feminist !

I wanted to be an Fighter pilot (didn't have the marks), then focused on Law. But found out Law 'was hyper-competitive' for a white guy with no 'affirmative action' credits.

So,...I joined the service as an officer. After the Corp, went into Management, got a masters then got several jobs over the years and done pretty well. My Veteran Combat background was a BIG PLUS ~

I paid for school with Scholarships, gov.grants, a few small student loans AND WORKED. I would 'NEVER-EVER' rack up 100k in student loans...(you think i'm crazy) ???

PS. She got scammed,...and NOW wants to Scam Taxpayers into paying for her Mistake...I'm not interested...

Old 08-29-2022, 10:55 AM

6,993 posts, read 2,713,357 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocko20 View Post
She racked up $200K+ of debt and isn’t a dentist or a doctor, that man dodged a bullet.
No man is going to sign up be chained to a single mother with 2 kids from another man and a $200K bill.

Old 08-29-2022, 10:59 AM

6,993 posts, read 2,713,357 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lunetunelover View Post
Do these people not know they can request that they make lower payments in line with their income?

Yes, it may take longer, but it becomes more affordable.

I just can't wrap my head around hundreds of thousands of college loan debt. And I paid for my degree largely with loans.
Income based repayment plans most of the time do not even cover the interest accrued each month. If you have a 6 figure loan balance and you only earn $15/hr, the payment may only be $100/month, but the interest is $200. Every month you pay, you still get further behind.

Old 08-29-2022, 12:35 PM

52,287 posts, read 52,723,379 times
You take out the loans, you pay the loans back.

Sorry.

I know how it is to feel the pain of debt, all of us do. We've been essentially credit card debt free for years now. Took some hard work to get there too.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies