Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-29-2022, 02:32 PM

43,128 posts, read 18,290,317 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by uggabugga View Post
how could that even happen? i would be 80 kinds of pissed off if my state's leadership piggybacked some other state's legislation - some other state where i have no voting say whatsoever.

good on glen youngkin.
Collusion within the Dem Party ???
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-29-2022, 06:36 PM

9,890 posts, read 4,653,413 times
I don't even think all the California bureaucrats and politicians realize things like that evs are more to insure, weigh more ie more wear on roads and rubber oil based tires. Or that owners will have to pay a couple thousand for charging stations. But virtue signaling is exactly that. Not legislating or thinking about how those pesky details will affect their constituents.

Here some more on the bill Virginia legislature passed and Northam signed. Introduced by a Lamont Bagby part of bill 1965.

https://theroanokestar.com/2022/06/2...a-legislature/

Old 08-29-2022, 06:53 PM

5,175 posts, read 4,949,447 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by anononcty View Post
I don't even think all the California bureaucrats and politicians realize things like that evs are more to insure, weigh more ie more wear on roads and rubber oil based tires. Or that owners will have to pay a couple thousand for charging stations.....
Have they taken into account where all of the addition electricity generation will come from to charge these vehicles? Don't they experience brown-outs on occasion now?

Old 08-29-2022, 07:33 PM

7,364 posts, read 3,824,451 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by uggabugga View Post
how could that even happen? i would be 80 kinds of pissed off if my state's leadership piggybacked some other state's legislation - some other state where i have no voting say whatsoever.

good on glen youngkin.
The California Air Resources Board is the worst. Why did Virginia sign-up with those idiots?

I can't think of a more hated organization in California other than perhaps the Sierra Club.

Old 08-29-2022, 07:44 PM

45,421 posts, read 60,608,674 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattja View Post
The California Air Resources Board is the worst. Why did Virginia sign-up with those idiots?

I can't think of a more hated organization in California other than perhaps the Sierra Club.
Why? Because the State/Commonwealth was dominated in both Houses of the Legislature and Governor's mansion when it was adopted by some Progressive Democrats.

It should be noted that college yearbook photos of then Gov. Northam surfaced during his term of him allegedly posing in the uniform of the original Boys in the Hood. He subsequently admitted being in the photo.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/local...c17_story.html

Nothing happened afterwards when he returned to public life after a "period of reflection". Well, there was money thrown around.

At the same time the Lt. Gov. was accused of sexual assault by a couple women. Nothing much happened there, either.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opini...3a0_story.html

Good thing they were both Democrats or they would have been forced to resign.

Old 08-29-2022, 08:12 PM

1,711 posts, read 808,760 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bus man View Post
This was written in legalese, and I'm not entirely competent at translating that language into English. But it appears to me that it's saying that Maryland *MAY* enact California's laws, not that it *WILL*. And also, Section 2 appears to have been sunsetted. But I can't be sure. In any case, I anticipate having retired and moved to a more sensible state well before 2035 gets here.
Why would you pass legistation that said you "may" do something? That makes absolutely no sense.

Old 08-29-2022, 09:21 PM

32,069 posts, read 15,072,790 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by North Beach Person View Post
As of right now, yes. That was part of Governor O' Malley's burnishing his Progressive credentials to run for President.

It won't be changed, at least in the next four years. The Legislature likely to be seated in January, as well as the presumptive Governor, is even more leftist than the current members, most of whom will return, when you add in the likely new members.
How do you know that Wes Moore is even more leftist since he's new to politics. If conservatives were really thinking than they would have never voted for Cox because he has no chance. Kelly Schulz would have been a better choice.

Old 08-29-2022, 10:07 PM

15,096 posts, read 8,639,316 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FordBronco1967 View Post
https://www.foxbusiness.com/politics...n-gas-vehicles

Great job, Governor! Keep up the great work!

California should not be telling the residents of Virginia what type of vehicle they can drive, nor should the Governor of Virginia be allowed to tell their residents what type of vehicle they can drive.

From the article:

Unfortunately, it’s not going to matter much, if there are no gas cars to buy, and no money to buy them with.

Two years ago, car manufacturers halted production, citing a microchip shortage. Y’all remember? I said back then that it was a total BS story, and now, two years later, they still have not restored production. The major manufacturers are producing a tiny trickle of vehicles only, nothing remotely close to previous production levels. This has caused the entire industry to be turned upside down, and if you want a new vehicle, good luck finding one. I was just talking with a few of my former colleagues at a major dealership on Saturday. They have no new cars or trucks, and the the only ones scheduled to come in are customer orders from many weeks ago. They are no longer accepting orders.

Folks, this is way bigger than a few nutty democrats chasing their obsession with EV’s. That’s also a cover story. They know the majority of consumers can’t afford Tesla vehicles, hell, the average credit scores and incomes can barely qualify for a $25,000 auto loan for a cheap Hyundai. $60k to $100k ? Fagetaboutit.

They already know, because they have planned it …. there is a major economic collapse on the near horizon. I’m not sure exactly when the plug will finally be pulled … but I’d be surprised if it doesn’t occur by the end of this year. November? December? Who knows.

But I know this … when it happens, you won’t be worrying about any of these side stories. You won’t even be able to get gas for the damned cars you already have. You’ll count yourself lucky if you can get food to eat.

But don’t worry … you’ll have a government food distribution set up to provide subsistence provisions to tide you over, and all you’ll need is your vaccination card to get your block of cheese.

Old 08-29-2022, 11:45 PM

3,006 posts, read 1,494,303 times
The electric car fad will be long gone by 2035, but gasoline will still be very expensive then. Traffic may be more bicycles and scooters than cars.

Old 08-30-2022, 03:20 AM

45,421 posts, read 60,608,674 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
How do you know that Wes Moore is even more leftist since he's new to politics. If conservatives were really thinking than they would have never voted for Cox because he has no chance. Kelly Schulz would have been a better choice.
Oh, mostly his policy statements, his pronouncements, his platform and the statements made by his advisors and major supporters. So nothing concrete.

Schultz would have been smoked as badly as Cox will be.

Cox won for the same reason that Trump backed candidates won across the country-rank and file Republicans are tired of the Republican Establishment.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies