Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-31-2022, 11:59 PM

3,113 posts, read 939,583 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post
the below post is no worse than the Dem ones.

but again, this entire forum has people degrading others, and leans far more right than left , what is the point in pretending not to see it ?

its more likely you simply view the attacks of people on the left as "accurate" and therefore, are ok with it, and view attacks on people on the right as "false", and view those saying it as wrong for doing so
I read that post, I don't see him degrading his family anywhere. He's just stating his family situation, the other two seemed to relish @ the idea of cutting out their family to prove their loyalty to the Democratic party. Sounds gross to me!

My sister FYI has a prominent position in the DNC, works in Public Health for Harvard, lives in Cambridge etc etc but as much as I hate her positions (especially on COVID, and she is annoyingly "woke") you won't catch me saying I'll write off my sister because blood is thicker than water!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-01-2022, 12:25 AM
Status: "everybody getting reported now.." (set 25 days ago)

29,561 posts, read 16,552,753 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AfricanSunset View Post
I read that post, I don't see him degrading his family anywhere. He's just stating his family situation
no, he called them entitled and stupid. But hey, like i said, i already assumed you argue something like this.

Quote:
My sister FYI has a prominent position in the DNC, works in Public Health for Harvard, lives in Cambridge etc etc but as much as I hate her positions (especially on COVID, and she is annoyingly "woke") you won't catch me saying I'll write off my sister because blood is thicker than water!
Never understood this false premise.

what reason would you have to write off your sister ? her being a nice person ?

when left of center people write off right of center people, it tends to be a good reason(the opposite is never true), there is an entire thread on this, but the example I always use is that why should gay people try to be nice to homophobic family members ?

Old 09-01-2022, 12:42 AM

3,113 posts, read 939,583 times
Quote:
no, he called them entitled and stupid. But hey, like i said, i already assumed you argue something like this.
He called them entitled, not stupid. Why are you adding things?

Old 09-01-2022, 01:01 AM
Status: "everybody getting reported now.." (set 25 days ago)

29,561 posts, read 16,552,753 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AfricanSunset View Post
He called them entitled, not stupid. Why are you adding things?
Its not an add on. If you argue someone is working against their own financial success, you are calling them stupid in a nice way.

and if your argument is that How one says it matters more than the context of what they say, then it destroys your argument that you believe the conservative attacks on liberals are any different than the reverse.

Old 09-01-2022, 08:04 AM

134 posts, read 38,394 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by YanMarcs View Post
I was blessed with a beautiful large liberal family... so once my brother got engaged to a republican but soon we had to kick her out of the family because she always created a bad mood with her presence and generated inopportune political discussions... in he couldn't take the pressure for a short time and broke off the engagement.... Today he is married to a real barbie doll he met at a fundraiser for Obama's re-election in Suffolk County and to this day she is part of the East Democratic Committee Hampton.
Sounds like a fictional story but I’ll play along.

Was this Barbie doll also campaigning for all the drone strikes and wars Obama was engaging in? She sounds like a real Barbie doll and genius, she deserves a large illiberal family.

I’m sure the conservative dodged a bullet meddling with psychotics.

Old 09-01-2022, 08:05 AM

134 posts, read 38,394 times
Quote:
the below post is no worse than the Dem ones.

but again, this entire forum has people degrading others, and leans far more right than left , what is the point in pretending not to see it ?

its more likely you simply view the attacks of people on the left as "accurate" and therefore, are ok with it, and view attacks on people on the right as "false", and view those saying it as wrong for doing so
Whether the forum skews right or left, one thing that the forum doesn’t lack is hateful Democrats that demonize anyone and everyone who doesn’t agree with their fringe ideals. That, and living in denial by our wonderful leftist posters.

Old 09-01-2022, 09:18 AM

3,048 posts, read 1,153,249 times
In the Newsom-Seibel family, there are politicians and investment bankers. Is it really any surprise that they might come down on different sides of the partisan divide? But when all is said and done, they are family, and clearly they have worked it out, as most families do.

Old 09-01-2022, 12:14 PM

11,270 posts, read 11,032,046 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by YanMarcs View Post
I was blessed with a beautiful large liberal family... so once my brother got engaged to a republican but soon we had to kick her out of the family because she always created a bad mood with her presence and generated inopportune political discussions.
You kick the broad to the curb so you all can enjoy your little leftist echo chamber in peace. Sounds like you helped her dodge a serious bullet.

Old 09-01-2022, 10:13 PM

41,016 posts, read 18,218,646 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by itwasallyellow View Post
Sounds like a fictional story but I’ll play along.

Was this Barbie doll also campaigning for all the drone strikes and wars Obama was engaging in? She sounds like a real Barbie doll and genius, she deserves a large illiberal family.

I’m sure the conservative dodged a bullet meddling with psychotics.
Bingo…and they certainly wouldn’t have been stupid enough to get involved with such nonsense to begin with. They probably still all live together.

Old 09-01-2022, 10:39 PM

6,421 posts, read 7,671,669 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by itwasallyellow View Post
Whether the forum skews right or left, one thing that the forum doesn’t lack is hateful Democrats that demonize anyone and everyone who doesn’t agree with their fringe ideals. That, and living in denial by our wonderful leftist posters.
The Xoe political speech tonight demonstrated how they demonize President Trump, and half of the country, which seems to be charging more hate. De Santis is such a breath of fresh air compared to CA politics, it is no surprise the in-laws support him.

Don't worry about Thanksgiving diner since the Newsom's can go to the French Laundry for a family reunion.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies